H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

Just watched the video. The drumstick is spinning on the helmet. Be worth getting one to see the look on my wife's face when I sit down to eat.

It's most def stereotyping, but is it negative? No shame in liking fried chicken.

Where can I get one of those helmets?

The stereotype of black people obsessing over fried chicken and watermelon has been in the media for almost a century.

I'm not sure of your background but if the media was perpetuating a stereotype about your people how would you feel. Its definitely a negative.

The stereotype of black people obsessing over fried chicken and watermelon has been in the media for almost a century.
And it has been used in part to convey negative stereotypes about black people.

Birth of Nation even used it.

So yes, there is nothing wrong with liking friend chicken because it is nearly universally liked across many cultures, but let us not play dumb about how the food has been used to dog whistle and push a stereotype of black folk being buffoons.

Last edited:
And it has been used in part to convey negative stereotypes about black people.

Birth of Nation even used it.

So yes, there is nothing wrong with liking friend chicken because it is nearly universally liked across many cultures, but let us not play dumb about how the food has been used to dog whistle and push a stereotype of black folk being buffoons.

You sensitive bruh ppl been eating fried chicken for years everyone kno who Jerry rice is:rofl:

I'm a football fan & have been watching the sport since 89-90. I don't think the Pogba ad had malicious and/or racist intent but having a black man in an ad with the term predator does play on racist imagery (remember hilary calling black men "super predators").

Having said that, it's is everyone aware of adidas very strong nazi backround? Founder adolf was a card carrying member of the nazi party & even turned in his brother rudolf into the gestapo who forced him to fight on the front lines in an effort to gain control of the family business the 2 brothers owned.

The adidas factory was used to make heavy artillery including anti tank artillery which was feared among the allied troops. It was responsible for killing thousands of allied troops. adidas has never really atoned for their nazi past nor apologized.

In fact, they've spent a lot of money erasing as much of their history on the internet over the last decade.

Edit - rudolf dassler went on to form puma...

so what does this have to do with the adidas personnel now whose fathers were probably trying out for drivers licenses when what you are talking about was taking place

You sensitive bruh ppl been eating fried chicken for years everyone kno who Jerry rice is:rofl:

You can't simply define what people should or shouldn't be sensitive about just because you say so.

White supremacist use that rhetoric.

"Get over slavery"
"Stand for the Flag"
"What about black on black crime"

If your not oppressed who are you to say what people should or shouldn't be sensitive about.

And further more how does this topic affect you if your stance is for people to get over it. There are other topics on NT that you can post on that I'm sure you're opinion would be more valuable.

You clearly have an agenda that your trying to push.

edit: no longer aimed at John Wick but it applies to anyone else that feels that way.

Last edited:
I’ve been looking at Popeyes sideways since they brought this black lady in. They’re not even black owned.

The Adidas ad really depends on you perception of the word, “predator”. Some people might go straight to “sexual predator”(which I think she did), or one could think of animals. Which one could still say is derogatory, but I didn’t know we considered these types of animals to be evil or whatever. As far as there not being an actual sho in the ad, this ain’t the first.

E00CD7BD-537B-461C-88CE-E1332EE4FD47.jpeg

46A9CD7D-BB7A-4091-A286-904C233265DC.jpeg

You can't simply define what people should or shouldn't be sensitive about just because you say so.

White supremacist use that rhetoric.

"Get over slavery"
"Stand for the Flag"
"What about black on black crime"

If your not oppressed who are you to say what people should or shouldn't be sensitive about.

And further more how does this topic affect you if your stance is for people to get over it. There are other topics on NT that you can post on that I'm sure you're opinion would be more valuable.

You clearly have an agenda that your trying to push.

It was a joke bruh. I was essentially doing what others were doing to the few in here who could feel where the people were coming from who could get offended by that addidas photo.

You obviously havent seen my previous post in here

It was a joke bruh. I was essentially doing what others were doing to the few in here who could feel where the people were coming from who could get offended by that addidas photo.

You obviously havent seen my previous post in here

I see now and take back what I said. It's hard to filter out who is being serious and who is not with all the anti-black posting that goes on in the world.

A mod just asked if eating fried chicken is a negative stereotype and Ninjahood is talking about victimhood mentality so understand where my head is at the past 2 pages.

Tyra Banks on 'Racist' H&M Ad: Who the Hell Put That Sweatshirt on That Beautiful Black Baby?
ph7cgxjzks2qbwe.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tyra-banks-weighs-racist-hi-might-get-skewered-145356577.html

On Monday, the retail company apologized for a “racist” ad featuring a young, black boy wearing a sweatshirt that read, “Coolest monkey in the jungle” and pulled the item from stores, after major social media backlash.

But the public was outraged, demanding a store boycott on Twitter.

On Tuesday, Banks weighed in on the ad during the panel discussion series Build Series, alongside model Ashley Graham and Drew Elliot, the creative director of Paper magazine.

When asked by an audience member for her take on the controversial ad campaign, Banks said, “One thing we have to remember — and I might get skewered for this — those choices are not necessarily those of the CEO of H&M. It can be eight people on a set or one buyer buying something and giving it to a person on set and people ruin a company’s reputation.”

Banks added, “So we have to remember that and try to get to the root of, ‘Who the hell put that sweatshirt on that beautiful black baby? Who put it on him?’ Not who made it — but who put it on him. That’s the person to really focus on. And then who printed that ****? Not necessarily the CEO, but who are these people who did that? And I would love for us to try to get deeper into the ‘who,’ not the ‘what.’”

“Condemning the CEO for the ad is counterproductive because that person isn’t making on-the-ground decisions like photo approval,” she says. “However, if there’s a company culture without diversity, equality, and inclusion, that’s a problem. It’s 2018 — we don’t have time to wait for people to catch up.”

I'm not sure of your background but if the media was perpetuating a stereotype about your people how would you feel. Its definitely a negative.
I’m black
I hate watermelon
It’s Nasty

I’m a pineapple person myself. Had a fear as a child of swallowing a seed and it growing inside me.

Back
Top Bottom