Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

.My record against those guys is pitiful, they were always fun games though. I wish MetaHalo still existed so I could search for games. Any idea what happened to that?
I don't think I ever went positive when sSyphon was on the other team. He's a cool dude though as far as I can remember.

A lot of dudes at that level would scream at me just for playing as an elite lol.

As for Metahalo idk, I think Triton shut it down a long time ago.

Last edited:
I now have a newfound reason to play this game 3x as much.

Team Throwdown.

I had no idea it was basically their pro playlist. It has all the gameytypes and map variants that the pros play on. :smokin

Goin in.

Extremely rusty as a solo player, but am good at assisting and being a team shooter. :\

Watched this whole series the past couple of days when I had time. :smokin Str8 will always be my favorite pro team ever. Them and the original Final Boss with Walshy and the Ogres.

Watched this whole series the past couple of days when I had time. :smokin Str8 will always be my favorite pro team ever. Them and the original Final Boss with Walshy and the Ogres.

I wont get a chance to play until Sunday but is anyone getting this map pack? Want to get some opinions on what the Pit in H4 is like.

I now have a newfound reason to play this game 3x as much.

Team Throwdown.

I had no idea it was basically their pro playlist. It has all the gameytypes and map variants that the pros play on.
smokin.gif

Goin in.
Extremely rusty as a solo player, but am good at assisting and being a team shooter.
ohwell.gif
Man you'd be surprised how far that goes. Its how I play H4 when I dont have PWs. I rarely challenge people in H4 compared to how I played H3. In H3 I would challenge like 90% of the time, thats how confident I was, now I play not to die as opposed to trying to go after every kill.

Oh I thought pit was going to be free...

I ain't paying for nothing since I hardly played this game since I got it.

Also... the original Final Boss with Walshy and the two Ogre brothers > *

I feel the same way, but I've got like 4500 MS points that I don't have any use for. Might as well give it a shot.

My worst halo loss ever was against Final Boss but after they dropped Walshy for Neighbor. It was Narrows flag, I don't think any of them died once. They capped 3 times in like 2 and a half minutes. I played them once on pit flag and did real good too like 21-11 or something and we lost 3-2

Sprint on The Pit remake
mean.gif
. You can die and get back to their side in 3 seconds. The initial push for a rockets is a mess people are just sprinting right for them and the guy who gets them just fires off two before he dies. I dont like that new gametype either. The other map is ok

Last edited:
I played against Neighbor in Reach once.

It felt great to get a fluke headshot with snipe when he was trying to get me.

Ctf on halo 4s so fun

Too bad I always get bad players on my team

Add me if anyone wants to play some halo

Gamer tag. MidwestKicks262

Skill wise I say I'm about average a little better

I would be like a level 40 around halo 3 in lone wolves

Last edited:
Such as shame for a once famed franchise. I remember Halo 3 was like the pinnacle of online gaming when it came out.. I had some of my best experiences playing video games playing it's multiplayer.

Hopefully the next Halo will be good enough to draw a lot of players, but I doubt it.

so its safe to say by now that this game pretty much bombed? :smh: :lol:
How can you say it bombed. It sold a ridiculous amount of copies and IMO opinion was a pretty fun game. The longevity wasn't there like in 3 or reach but if you consider it a bomb, then most games that come out bomb

When I want to play Halo, I play 3 way more than I play this.

But I hope this along with Reach fianlly made them realize that catering to the casual Halo players is not the way to go. They wont mess up the next game, I know they wont.

But I hope this along with Reach fianlly made them realize that catering to the casual Halo players is not the way to go. They wont mess up the next game, I know they wont.
I do t understand the dislike of reach. Besides the armor abilities and the sprint it's pretty much the same as 3. The needle rifle and dmr were welcomed additions and the gameplay change wasn't as drastic as halo 4. Reach to me seemed like the logical sequel to halo 3, adding things but not doing too much

Reach is garbage. That's my opinion, I don't care enough to argue why it is or isn't.

I do t understand the dislike of reach. Besides the armor abilities and the sprint it's pretty much the same as 3. The needle rifle and dmr were welcomed additions and the gameplay change wasn't as drastic as halo 4. Reach to me seemed like the logical sequel to halo 3, adding things but not doing too much
Theres so much more though, the jump height was probably the thing I hated the most about reach. Jumping during a gun battle was more effective than strafing when it came to making people miss shots, and that combined with the slow player movement made it useless. The nuke grenades were also a huge problem to me, and it was again compounded by the fact that you really couldnt move.

The maps :x, all they did was encourage camping. There were so many things they could have done to fix it but chose not too. That along with the fact that each team was guaranteed to spawn on the same side every game decided games a lot of the time. Red team Swordbase :stoneface: , Blue Team Ivory Tower :stoneface: , I forget which side it was but one side of Ascension got the Rockets, Shotty, and a Sniper right from the jump while the other team only got snipe. So many maps were like this

From a competitive standpoint the game was a mess, the power weapons ruled the game moreso than any other Halo. Its not like I was bad at it either, it just wasnt that great to play at all.

Halo 3 and Reach are really apples and oranges in my book, the subtle things make a world of difference.

Reach is garbage. That's my opinion, I don't care enough to argue why it is or isn't.
^^^^^^ He knows.

LOL REACH

Last edited:
Eh I guess we just differ. I found reach to be much more faster than 3. And the spawn areas didn't bother me. I liked the challenge of basically going in and taking the best position from the other team and setting up shop. I do agree that halo 3 had much better maps but I liked most of the outdoors and platform maps of reach. I liked the sniper more in 3, liked the ar and dmr more than the ar and br in 3. Pistol was better in reach. Basically what you're saying bothered you, didn't have much effect on me in my games.

Last edited:
Thats fair, I'm very biased towards H3, its by far my favourite of the series. Belgium Belgium knows.

You liked the H3 Sniper better, as in you found it easier to use? The H3 Sniper gave me the most trouble out of any of the games ever, I dont even think I have a 40% headshot percentage with it. In Reach its probaly like 54%, that and the H4 Sniper were ridiculous.

Reach was at is best in BTB to me, Games smaller than 6v6 were usually a mess, but I did like Squad Slayer.

Thats fair, I'm very biased towards H3, its by far my favourite of the series. Belgium Belgium knows.

You liked the H3 Sniper better, as in you found it easier to use? The H3 Sniper gave me the most trouble out of any of the games ever, I dont even think I have a 40% headshot percentage with it. In Reach its probaly like 54%, that and the H4 Sniper were ridiculous.

Reach was at is best in BTB to me, Games smaller than 6v6 were usually a mess, but I did like Squad Slayer.
Don't get me wrong I love 3 also. And yeah I found the sniper much easier to use in halo 3. Like being on Valhalla in a match of shotty/sniper and picking each other off from across the map was dope. The sniper in reach had much more kickback and the rate of fire IMO was longer. I got used to using it but at first I was no good with it.

Thats fair, I'm very biased towards H3, its by far my favourite of the series. @Colombia knows.

10k+ H3 games played 
smokin.gif

smokin.gif

smokin.gif

smokin.gif

smokin.gif

Such as shame for a once famed franchise. I remember Halo 3 was like the pinnacle of online gaming when it came out.. I had some of my best experiences playing video games playing it's multiplayer.

Hopefully the next Halo will be good enough to draw a lot of players, but I doubt it.

ALL OF THIS

Catering to the duty heads destroyed HALO, my beloved franchise smh

I would spend $129.99 if they released HALO 2 as is on 360/xbone,

Back
Top Bottom