***Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Official Post*** Release Date 7/15/09

I been at every blockbuster movie midnight showing here at Lincolnsquare in the last 6 months and this OWNS them all

Posted From My iPhone

Yeah, I'm glad I'm gonna be catching an early showing tomorrow instead. I can wait a few hours
Take some pics though Cashmere

the ministry has fallen, Scrimgeour is dead. THEY are coming

I have the audio book on right now for Dh cause i finished refreshing up on Hbp, one of my favorite parts of the book

picked up my tickets at the mall around 2pm..there were already people there...in 111 degree weather..

got a girl going to stand in line around 10 %#@...i get OFF at midnight so im rushing there to get in by teh end of the previews.

Saw it last night and I liked a lot. And although i felt like they left some parts out I would watch it again. Now i cant wait for the 7th one...

movie was BANANAS...best one of the series BY FAR....i mean, how incredible was the scene in front of the weaslys house...and the quidditch scenes wereunreal...great movie

Originally Posted by bns1201

movie was BANANAS...best one of the series BY FAR....i mean, how incredible was the scene in front of the weaslys house...and the quidditch scenes were unreal...great movie

Exactly what I like to hear. Can't wait to catch this tomorrow
smokin.gif
I have heard nothing but good things about this movie

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

bns1201 wrote:

movie was BANANAS...best one of the series BY FAR....i mean, how incredible was the scene in front of the weaslys house...and the quidditch scenes were unreal...great movie

Exactly what I like to hear. Can't wait to catch this tomorrow
smokin.gif
I have heard nothing but good things about this movie

Highly recommended, although they left a lot of parts out, it was as great a movie as they could make with 150+ minutes. Will DEFINITELY catch this in imaxwhen it rereleases

I'm sorry....but I HATED it
smh.gif

It wasn't even that they left stuff out (which they did, A LOT).....it was that they changed so many freakingthings from the book that I couldn't even stand it anymore.

Spoiler [+]
They changed...
-The way Dumbledore approached Harry at the beginning of the book was at the Dursley's house....in the movie it was at the damn train station
-Harry and Ginny first start up their whole thing after the quidditch match that Harry misses in the book....in the movie Ginny kisses Harry in the Room of Requirement when she's not even supposed to be there according to the book
-The whole scene at the Burrow was never even in the book
-Harry was supposed to be temporarily paralyzed during the scene where Dumbledore gets killed....he's freaking moving and does nothing while Dumbledore gets killed.
-They totally skipped the auror/death eater battle after Dumbledore dies.....AND Bellatrix is not even supposed to be there
-Dumbledore's funeral was not a part of the movie at all

smh.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Not to mention....what the hell was up with Ginny feeding Harry the chocolate and tying his shoe?
smh.gif

I'm fine with them changing minor things like lines/script, etc....but when you start changing what happened in the book and leaving important stuff out.....
mad.gif
This movie sucked....I'm sorry
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

smh.gif

It wasn't even that they left stuff out (which they did, A LOT).....it was that they changed so many freaking things from the book that I couldn't even stand it anymore.

Spoiler [+]
They changed...
-The way Dumbledore approached Harry at the beginning of the book was at the Dursley's house....in the movie it was at the damn train station
-Harry and Ginny first start up their whole thing after the quidditch match that Harry misses in the book....in the movie Ginny kisses Harry in the Room of Requirement when she's not even supposed to be there according to the book
-Harry was supposed to be temporarily paralyzed during the scene where Dumbledore gets killed....he's freaking moving and does nothing while Dumbledore gets killed.
-They totally skipped the auror/death eater battle after Dumbledore dies.....AND Bellatrix is not even supposed to be there

smh.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Not to mention....what the hell was up with Ginny feeding Harry the chocolate and tying his shoe?
smh.gif

I'm fine with them changing minor things like lines/script, etc....but when you start changing what happened in the book and leaving important stuff out.....
mad.gif

holy moley, what the hell?!
the book was so well written. and they change major scenes that could have been easily picturesque if it stuck with the book.
ima watch out for those changes too and then be a in a pissed off mood. and yeah the battle scenes! bull.

PG- rating FTL.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

smh.gif

It wasn't even that they left stuff out (which they did, A LOT).....it was that they changed so many freaking things from the book that I couldn't even stand it anymore.

Spoiler [+]
They changed...

smh.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

smh.gif

mad.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

It was SOOOOO damn busy at my theater. But some of the women that came through were nice

HBP was my favorite book. Hopefully the WB did it justice. I'll have to wait until the weekend to peep though. It's a tradition I have to always watchHP with my moms
pimp.gif

Well guys...I took one on the chin tonight. I passed up watching Eagle Eye atan empty crib on HD with my main squeeze. I let her drag me to see this crapinstead. Now it's 4AM and instead of being Dougied out and dog tired, I'm up on wiki tryna figure out what the !%$! a Death Eater is
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Well guys...I took one on the chin tonight. I passed up watching Eagle Eye atan empty crib on HD with my main squeeze. I let her drag me to see this crap instead. Now it's 4AM and instead of being Dougied out and dog tired, I'm up on wiki tryna figure out what the !%$! a Death Eater is
smh.gif
Think of them as the KKK towards people of non magical blood

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Eaters

I agree with JPZx on this one. Really didn't like it as much as the others. Mainly for the inconsistencies he stated, but also because of the mood that wasportrayed. It should have been much much darker. I mean Harry is fresh off Sirius dying and right at the start is flirting with some chick. Not to mention allof the forced humor. Worst HP movie yet. Complete injustice to my 3rd fav of the books.

you guys are trippin
the movie itself was AMAZING
-funniest of the series
-best special effects of the series
- yates directing was superb
all in all, i loved it, but the ending was not as epic as i thought it would be
but maybe i expected too much
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by columbiasneaks

you guys are trippin
the movie itself was AMAZING
-funniest of the series
-best special effects of the series
- yates directing was superb
all in all, i loved it, but the ending was not as epic as i thought it would be
but maybe i expected too much
eyes.gif
Which is one of the reasons why I didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom