Has American society made progress towards the discrimination of African Americans??

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I don't know...

But...

Try playing Xbox Live with my gamertag: Never Had Much

The racist dudes on Xbox Live is in abbundance it's disgusting.

Dudes hide behind the Internet and talk so tough and would never look me in the face and say half the stuff that they say.

It's whatever though.
This is a whole new modern racism. Its much worst than the traditional belligerent outspoken racism... back then you had a choice to do something about it, now you're SOL. 
ohwell.gif

Really? You guys think you have it worse/the same as the people who lived during the 20's?

Really? You guys think you have it worse/the same as the people who lived during the 20's?

your title makes it seem as if you're asking if the US has made progress discriminating african americans. is that it? or are you asking if we've made progress getting rid of discrimination?

your title makes it seem as if you're asking if the US has made progress discriminating african americans. is that it? or are you asking if we've made progress getting rid of discrimination?

Sure we have, but discrimination has taken a different form now. Read up on Institutional discrimination.

Sure we have, but discrimination has taken a different form now. Read up on Institutional discrimination.

Blacks in American society have not contributed enough towards the end of discrimination. Whenever tyler perry makes his all black movies or BET does an all black get together, it sets things back. Whenever some idiot uses his/her race as an excuse for not propelling in life it sets the line of scrimmage back to the opposing 1 yard line. That crap is reverse racism, not pride. Why does a race have to emphasize that they exist or do things to try and "raise moral" if they're trying to end discrimination? Everyone knows what happened in the past. Let it go. It didn't even happen to YOU. It doesn't make sense to me. Just live life normally without having to bring color up every time you're frustrated or want attention. The people that want racism to end are not letting it die. Everyone keeps blaming someone else. People can end racism by progressing the steps of those past pioneers that helped make positive things possible today.

Blacks in American society have not contributed enough towards the end of discrimination. Whenever tyler perry makes his all black movies or BET does an all black get together, it sets things back. Whenever some idiot uses his/her race as an excuse for not propelling in life it sets the line of scrimmage back to the opposing 1 yard line. That crap is reverse racism, not pride. Why does a race have to emphasize that they exist or do things to try and "raise moral" if they're trying to end discrimination? Everyone knows what happened in the past. Let it go. It didn't even happen to YOU. It doesn't make sense to me. Just live life normally without having to bring color up every time you're frustrated or want attention. The people that want racism to end are not letting it die. Everyone keeps blaming someone else. People can end racism by progressing the steps of those past pioneers that helped make positive things possible today.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by Dakingii

America has taken a step forward but i would say they it has done an even better job of hiding it
Laissez-faire racism.

No doubt we've made progress as a society, but the inequality and segregation is getting ridiculous.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by Dakingii

America has taken a step forward but i would say they it has done an even better job of hiding it
Laissez-faire racism.

No doubt we've made progress as a society, but the inequality and segregation is getting ridiculous.

Are you black? Tyler Perry movies are reverse racism, really? Just like Affirmative Action, right? @%+! now. Forget what happen just because it didn't happen to us is f'n ridiculous. Racism goes far beyond just spraying blacks down in the streets with high pressure hoses, and segregation. The damage has already been done in America, racism will never cease to exist nor will discrimination toward blacks in America. 

Are you black? Tyler Perry movies are reverse racism, really? Just like Affirmative Action, right? @%+! now. Forget what happen just because it didn't happen to us is f'n ridiculous. Racism goes far beyond just spraying blacks down in the streets with high pressure hoses, and segregation. The damage has already been done in America, racism will never cease to exist nor will discrimination toward blacks in America. 

Originally Posted by third

i think there have certainly been exponential step forward but sometimes there's minor regression sometimes
it's like a drug addict they relapse
i feel that those being discriminated against have certainly played their role on the relapse /regression
You're not American. Your opinion is void.

Yes there is progress. The progress is stopped by the most racist people who aren't even Americans.They are European white kids who are confused/loners trying to fit in with other white kids that don't even like them. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by third

i think there have certainly been exponential step forward but sometimes there's minor regression sometimes
it's like a drug addict they relapse
i feel that those being discriminated against have certainly played their role on the relapse /regression
You're not American. Your opinion is void.

Yes there is progress. The progress is stopped by the most racist people who aren't even Americans.They are European white kids who are confused/loners trying to fit in with other white kids that don't even like them. 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom