Has American society made progress towards the discrimination of African Americans??

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Blacks in American society have not contributed enough towards the end of discrimination. Whenever tyler perry makes his all black movies or BET does an all black get together, it sets things back. Whenever some idiot uses his/her race as an excuse for not propelling in life it sets the line of scrimmage back to the opposing 1 yard line. That crap is reverse racism, not pride. Why does a race have to emphasize that they exist or do things to try and "raise moral" if they're trying to end discrimination? Everyone knows what happened in the past. Let it go. It didn't even happen to YOU. It doesn't make sense to me. Just live life normally without having to bring color up every time you're frustrated or want attention. The people that want racism to end are not letting it die. Everyone keeps blaming someone else. People can end racism by progressing the steps of those past pioneers that helped make positive things possible today.
044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif
fixed

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Blacks in American society have not contributed enough towards the end of discrimination. Whenever tyler perry makes his all black movies or BET does an all black get together, it sets things back. Whenever some idiot uses his/her race as an excuse for not propelling in life it sets the line of scrimmage back to the opposing 1 yard line. That crap is reverse racism, not pride. Why does a race have to emphasize that they exist or do things to try and "raise moral" if they're trying to end discrimination? Everyone knows what happened in the past. Let it go. It didn't even happen to YOU. It doesn't make sense to me. Just live life normally without having to bring color up every time you're frustrated or want attention. The people that want racism to end are not letting it die. Everyone keeps blaming someone else. People can end racism by progressing the steps of those past pioneers that helped make positive things possible today.
044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif
fixed

Originally Posted by third

i think there have certainly been exponential step forward but sometimes there's minor regression sometimes
it's like a drug addict they relapse
i feel that those being discriminated against have certainly played their role on the relapse /regression

That's a bad analogy

i think there have certainly been exponential step forward but sometimes there's minor regression sometimes
i feel that those being discriminated against have certainly played their role on the relapse /regression

That's a bad analogy

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Really? You guys think you have it worse/the same as the people who lived during the 20's?

No. I hope people aren't saying that, but racism is still very prevalent and people reveal over safe mediums.

Like the excessive amounts of racist comments you come across on WSHH or forums online. There's no doubt we have made progress, but
there's still a long long way to go in America.

I'm not even sure how we tackle institutionalized racism.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Really? You guys think you have it worse/the same as the people who lived during the 20's?

No. I hope people aren't saying that, but racism is still very prevalent and people reveal over safe mediums.

Like the excessive amounts of racist comments you come across on WSHH or forums online. There's no doubt we have made progress, but
there's still a long long way to go in America.

I'm not even sure how we tackle institutionalized racism.
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Budweiser

You're not American. Your opinion is void.
that would be true if you culture was not shoved down our throats

Was coming on a forum about American made shoes also shoved down your throat?

btw dope avy

Was coming on a forum about American made shoes also shoved down your throat?

btw dope avy

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Are you black? Tyler Perry movies are reverse racism, really? Just like Affirmative Action, right? @%+! now. Forget what happen just because it didn't happen to us is f'n ridiculous. Racism goes far beyond just spraying blacks down in the streets with high pressure hoses, and segregation. The damage has already been done in America, racism will never cease to exist nor will discrimination toward blacks in America. 

Perry was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, as Emmitt Perry, Jr. His family consisted of three siblings, his mother, Willie Maxine Perry (née Campbell), and his father, Emmitt Perry, Sr., a carpenter.[sup][4][/sup] His childhood was far from ideal. Perry once said of his father, "his only answer to everything was to beat it out of you." As a child, Perry once went so far as to attempt suicide in an effort to escape his father's beatings. In contrast to his father, his mother took him to church each week, where he sensed a certain refuge and contentment.[sup][5][/sup] At age 16, he had his first name legally changed from Emmitt to Tyler in an effort to distance himself from his father.[sup][6][/sup] After seeing the film Precious, he was moved to relate for the first time[sup][7][/sup] accounts of being molested by a friend's mother and by another friend's father at age 10, and finding out that his own father was molesting a friend.
eek.gif
This guys mind is all messed up.
eyes.gif

Are you black? Tyler Perry movies are reverse racism, really? Just like Affirmative Action, right? @%+! now. Forget what happen just because it didn't happen to us is f'n ridiculous. Racism goes far beyond just spraying blacks down in the streets with high pressure hoses, and segregation. The damage has already been done in America, racism will never cease to exist nor will discrimination toward blacks in America. 

Perry was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, as Emmitt Perry, Jr. His family consisted of three siblings, his mother, Willie Maxine Perry (née Campbell), and his father, Emmitt Perry, Sr., a carpenter.[sup][4][/sup] His childhood was far from ideal. Perry once said of his father, "his only answer to everything was to beat it out of you." As a child, Perry once went so far as to attempt suicide in an effort to escape his father's beatings. In contrast to his father, his mother took him to church each week, where he sensed a certain refuge and contentment.[sup][5][/sup] At age 16, he had his first name legally changed from Emmitt to Tyler in an effort to distance himself from his father.[sup][6][/sup] After seeing the film Precious, he was moved to relate for the first time[sup][7][/sup] accounts of being molested by a friend's mother and by another friend's father at age 10, and finding out that his own father was molesting a friend.
eek.gif
This guys mind is all messed up.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'm not black, nor do i really know how true that whole tyler perry part is... but, for the most part, i agree with this.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'm not black, nor do i really know how true that whole tyler perry part is... but, for the most part, i agree with this.

The damage has already been done in America, racism will never cease to exist nor will discrimination toward blacks in America. 

With this type of mentality, no one moves anywhere in any positive manner. You're holding a grudge against people that have been dead for hundreds of years. You weren't even ALIVE. That's the dumbest S### ever. Let me go and hate Antonio Banderas because Spanish conquistadors murdered, raped, and pillaged my Mexican ancestors. That makes ALOT of sense.  
indifferent.gif

Letting it go will solve a lot of problems. Once humans begin to use more than 30% of our brains, the existence of ignorant hate will cease to exist. 

The damage has already been done in America, racism will never cease to exist nor will discrimination toward blacks in America. 

With this type of mentality, no one moves anywhere in any positive manner. You're holding a grudge against people that have been dead for hundreds of years. You weren't even ALIVE. That's the dumbest S### ever. Let me go and hate Antonio Banderas because Spanish conquistadors murdered, raped, and pillaged my Mexican ancestors. That makes ALOT of sense.  
indifferent.gif

Letting it go will solve a lot of problems. Once humans begin to use more than 30% of our brains, the existence of ignorant hate will cease to exist. 

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
Mexico has been independent for a while

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
Mexico has been independent for a while

Back
Top Bottom