Has American society made progress towards the discrimination of African Americans??

AntonALaZey 
pimp.gif
wrote:

African Americans have come a long way.....a lot of what still holds them back is a 50:50 combination of extrinsic factors (institutionalized racism) and intrinsic factors (pervasive ignorance within the black community, learned helplessness, and constantly making excuses).

First off, no. Second off, nice avy.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Blacks in American society have not contributed enough towards the end of discrimination. Whenever tyler perry makes his all black movies or BET does an all black get together, it sets things back. Whenever some idiot uses his/her race as an excuse for not propelling in life it sets the line of scrimmage back to the opposing 1 yard line. That crap is reverse racism, not pride. Why does a race have to emphasize that they exist or do things to try and "raise moral" if they're trying to end discrimination? Everyone knows what happened in the past. Let it go. It didn't even happen to YOU. It doesn't make sense to me. Just live life normally without having to bring color up every time you're frustrated or want attention. The people that want racism to end are not letting it die. Everyone keeps blaming someone else. People can end racism by progressing the steps of those past pioneers that helped make positive things possible today.
One of the worst posts I've ever seen.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I love it when non blacks tell us to just "get over it".
EXACTLY, and its so sad to me. 
Its even worse when dudes cosign him with applaud gifs and "
pimp.gif
"s get the *$%% outta here.

Its always the dudes who never experienced racism, hell any conflict in their entire lives who tell people to "get over it".

But thats all im going to say on this, people with this mindset disgust me

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Blacks in American society have not contributed enough towards the end of discrimination. Whenever tyler perry makes his all black movies or BET does an all black get together, it sets things back. Whenever some idiot uses his/her race as an excuse for not propelling in life it sets the line of scrimmage back to the opposing 1 yard line. That crap is reverse racism, not pride. Why does a race have to emphasize that they exist or do things to try and "raise moral" if they're trying to end discrimination? Everyone knows what happened in the past. Let it go. It didn't even happen to YOU. It doesn't make sense to me. Just live life normally without having to bring color up every time you're frustrated or want attention. The people that want racism to end are not letting it die. Everyone keeps blaming someone else. People can end racism by progressing the steps of those past pioneers that helped make positive things possible today.
One of the worst posts I've ever seen.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I love it when non blacks tell us to just "get over it".
EXACTLY, and its so sad to me. 
Its even worse when dudes cosign him with applaud gifs and "
pimp.gif
"s get the *$%% outta here.

Its always the dudes who never experienced racism, hell any conflict in their entire lives who tell people to "get over it".

But thats all im going to say on this, people with this mindset disgust me

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

African Americans have come a long way.....a lot of what still holds them back is a 50:50 combination of extrinsic factors (institutionalized racism) and intrinsic factors (pervasive ignorance within the black community, learned helplessness, and constantly making excuses).
couldnt have said it better.
still baffles me at the things Ive seen in my short 25 years on both ends of that combination....

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

couldnt have said it better.
still baffles me at the things Ive seen in my short 25 years on both ends of that combination....

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Unfortunately in the mental state 95% of humanity is in right now its pratically impossible for racism to ever disappear.America is still very racist and blacks for the most part despite Obama being in office are still disliked amongst others. I was in a high end shopping mall a few weeks ago and I was dressed "nicely" yet security literally followed me around for a few hours. It got to the point that I asked them why are you following me and they just walked away. Black history in America is so ripe with pain and shameful acts that it can't be wiped under the rug. Sometimes I still can't beive that I'm here because of slavery, slavery yo. I don't care what anyone thinks and I'm not saying it because I'm black but black americans are amazing. The fact that people look down on us is crazy, we should have tore this $@%$+ down years ago.............
pimp.gif
now this deserves the rock clappin .gif. and the louis C.k. vid is hella true. all his stuff is, so I can
laugh.gif
and
30t6p3b.gif
at the same time.

at the end of the day, american society has done some things to make life more livable for blacks. but nothing has been by choice. hell, schools were desegregated 20 some odd years before they were forcefully desegregated. everything that black america has was a struggle to get and a struggle for whites to give. including Obama as president. If he was Wesley Snipes black, he wouldn't be there now.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Unfortunately in the mental state 95% of humanity is in right now its pratically impossible for racism to ever disappear.America is still very racist and blacks for the most part despite Obama being in office are still disliked amongst others. I was in a high end shopping mall a few weeks ago and I was dressed "nicely" yet security literally followed me around for a few hours. It got to the point that I asked them why are you following me and they just walked away. Black history in America is so ripe with pain and shameful acts that it can't be wiped under the rug. Sometimes I still can't beive that I'm here because of slavery, slavery yo. I don't care what anyone thinks and I'm not saying it because I'm black but black americans are amazing. The fact that people look down on us is crazy, we should have tore this $@%$+ down years ago.............
pimp.gif
now this deserves the rock clappin .gif. and the louis C.k. vid is hella true. all his stuff is, so I can
laugh.gif
and
30t6p3b.gif
at the same time.

at the end of the day, american society has done some things to make life more livable for blacks. but nothing has been by choice. hell, schools were desegregated 20 some odd years before they were forcefully desegregated. everything that black america has was a struggle to get and a struggle for whites to give. including Obama as president. If he was Wesley Snipes black, he wouldn't be there now.

Lmao dude said if he was wesley snipes black he wouldn't be in office
roll.gif
, sad part is thats the truth.

Lmao dude said if he was wesley snipes black he wouldn't be in office
roll.gif
, sad part is thats the truth.

Originally Posted by Boss Unk II

AntonALaZey 
pimp.gif
wrote:

tongue.gif

i still need an id on her, i'll make a thread later.....too many people been asking
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Boss Unk II

AntonALaZey 
pimp.gif
wrote:

tongue.gif

i still need an id on her, i'll make a thread later.....too many people been asking
laugh.gif

The only progress thats been made is that "American" society has made themselves a lot more careful at hiding it.. think about it, what changes have really taken place? Times have "changed" but only into a new form of discrimination. Discrimimation has changed from loud and in your face to secret talking behind your back... which do you prefer?

The only progress thats been made is that "American" society has made themselves a lot more careful at hiding it.. think about it, what changes have really taken place? Times have "changed" but only into a new form of discrimination. Discrimimation has changed from loud and in your face to secret talking behind your back... which do you prefer?

Originally Posted by chuckkid33

On the low racism.

Originally Posted by chuckkid33

On the low racism.

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

Somewhat. Sad that Hispanics are still slaves but you'll hear no complaint from them.

After reading what you said aloud, I feel wholly and unequivocally oppressed by your pervasive ignorance. Please leave and never come back, á la Barry Sanders.

Somewhat. Sad that Hispanics are still slaves but you'll hear no complaint from them.

After reading what you said aloud, I feel wholly and unequivocally oppressed by your pervasive ignorance. Please leave and never come back, á la Barry Sanders.

close, but not quite, sir. i suggest you reevaluate both situations before you ever compare them again....even the most downtrotten, poor, abused modern day hispanic populations living in the US have a WONDERFUL lifestyle compared to "slaves", sir.

wonderful for lack of a better term....lavish? yes, lavish. First off, they get paid...however underpaid it is....they get paid....

second....they are free to go home....which they have...a home...with possessions...and they arent beaten....or owned...or traded....or raped....or have families split up forcfully.....with federal legislation making it perfectly legal....

so, again, to quote the great T.I. on punk'd...

"don't do that, bruh"

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Everyone knows what happened in the past. Let it go.

This crap didn't end until LESS THAN 50 Years ago.....

http://northbysouth.kenyo.../1998/edu/segregated.jpg src="http://northbysouth.kenyon.edu/1998/edu/segregated.jpg">

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/...ItwGt9SG0/s400/hist6.jpg src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Lj5KP8OgZVk/R-EH_Tbay_I/AAAAAAAABoc/fMItwGt9SG0/s400/hist6.jpg">

http://rfpdemo.files.word...010/06/39jimcrowthen.jpg src="http://rfpdemo.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/39jimcrowthen.jpg">

...Let it go 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

yeah, my moms grew up in segregation....

that's one generation removed...

eyes.gif
 indeed, dirt,
eyes.gif
 indeed...

close, but not quite, sir. i suggest you reevaluate both situations before you ever compare them again....even the most downtrotten, poor, abused modern day hispanic populations living in the US have a WONDERFUL lifestyle compared to "slaves", sir.

wonderful for lack of a better term....lavish? yes, lavish. First off, they get paid...however underpaid it is....they get paid....

second....they are free to go home....which they have...a home...with possessions...and they arent beaten....or owned...or traded....or raped....or have families split up forcfully.....with federal legislation making it perfectly legal....

so, again, to quote the great T.I. on punk'd...

"don't do that, bruh"

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Everyone knows what happened in the past. Let it go.

This crap didn't end until LESS THAN 50 Years ago.....

http://northbysouth.kenyo.../1998/edu/segregated.jpg src="http://northbysouth.kenyon.edu/1998/edu/segregated.jpg">

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/...ItwGt9SG0/s400/hist6.jpg src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Lj5KP8OgZVk/R-EH_Tbay_I/AAAAAAAABoc/fMItwGt9SG0/s400/hist6.jpg">

http://rfpdemo.files.word...010/06/39jimcrowthen.jpg src="http://rfpdemo.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/39jimcrowthen.jpg">

...Let it go 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

yeah, my moms grew up in segregation....

that's one generation removed...

eyes.gif
 indeed, dirt,
eyes.gif
 indeed...

Back
Top Bottom