Has anyone here MET kobe?

yes very nice Barons Davis is one of my uncles best friends and i meet Kobe at barons grandmothers house a few months ago he is very cool he was uncomfortablebecause Barons grandmother does not stay in the best neighborhood to say the least...

no but I got hoed by Grant Hill one time

I was at a Pistons game last year against PHX, had seats right by the visitors tunnel... so after the game everyones walking by... Shaq... Stat... Nash...finally here comes Grant (I'm wearing his old school teal Pistons jersey by the way) and I put my hand up for the high 5 like "Grant!! Grant!!!! YoGrant!!!!!" literally like 3-4 feet away from dude and he doesnt even turn his head
indifferent.gif
I was like awww man
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I'll say this: if Kobe... right now, the current guy we see on t.v. during games and off the court doing interviews on ESPN and what not and letting people take pics as he's trying to drive around or grab a bite to eat with his fam... if the current Kobe was more like this from the jump, I'd've never had any reasson to dislike him.
Wasn't Kobe a 17 year old teen when he came into the NBA? I been around lots of high school kids who got scholarships to play D-1 basketballand thought they were truly the shhhh, so I can't even imagine what kind of ego a teenager would have if they were drafted out of high school right intothe NBA
laugh.gif

If we did a survey of people who met a big time NBA or other professional athlete when they were in high school/college, I'd bet the majority of thosestories would be about how a-holish they were.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

MisterP0315:
a lot of these stories have came before and after the allegations...so don't give me the image repair excuse.
laugh.gif
I'll give the image repair excuse, or not even image repair, but just making sure to make himself more available, more marketable, because of the unending benefits that come from being that kind of superstar instead of an unapproachable douche like Bonds or... well... like early Kobe.
badboyf0life420:
i met him in the philippines when he had his tour over there during his rookie year or maybe 2nd year .. and all i remember dude had a really cocky attitude..
Say word, MisterP?

THOSE are the kinds of stories I heard all the time back when I lived in Cali (moved out here in '01, so that was a good 5 years of time where me and Kobe were both Cali kids). Real reserved, real withdrawn, and whenever he was approached, it was like he knew one of your 3 wishes was being granted at that moment. And for many people, that's true, that was one of their dreams, to meet that scoring phenom who made the jump, to meet the reigning dunk champ, to meet the youngest All Star starter ever, to meet the face of the brand with three stripes; yeah, that was the dream of a lot of people back then, but he ain't have to act like it, you know? And stories like badboy's were storiess I frequently heard,

Now? Now we got pictures of entire youth basketball teams taking pictures with him, dudes posing with him a he's driving around, interviewing him in strip mall parking lots and what not. It's awesome, and I'm glad he changed that aspect of his persona... but it has definitely been a change, and saying 'He's been like this all along' is a little naive, IMHO.

I'll say this: if Kobe... right now, the current guy we see on t.v. during games and off the court doing interviews on ESPN and what not and letting people take pics as he's trying to drive around or grab a bite to eat with his fam... if the current Kobe was more like this from the jump, I'd've never had any reasson to dislike him. I like who he is now, as both a basketball player AND a person (and that's the first time I''ve ever said that). He doesn't play like he's a one-man assassin (even if we all recognize that he can be), and he doesn't present himself off the court like he's this reclusive prodigy that has better things to do than be trifled by mortals who only dream of being in the NBA.

*waits for those 3 or 4 people who only quote me when I say anything remotely negative about Kobe, but somehow miss the responses I make that praise him*

Come out to plaaaaayyyy.
laugh.gif

First off after reading your post I don't think you were saying anything negative or bashing Kobe with this post. From what I read here youwere just telling it how it is from your point of view.

The thing is Kobe from his rookie year and even all the way through the 3 peat years and then Colorado incident, people didn't like or hate Kobe becausethey felt & thought his image was fake & phoney. Philly fans hated him because of the fact he grew up in an above middle class neighborhood in LowerMerion, hated him because he wasn't really from Philly, bashed him for acting cocky and wearing sun glasses on his head at his press conference announcinghe was entering the NBA draft and skipping college. Jordan fans hated on him and still hate on him the hardest mainly because of all the comparisons he getsabout both of their games on the court. It seriously gets weird and strange the lengths Jordan fans will go to defend Jordan whenever any subject or argumentspop up about Kobe vs. Jordan. Jordan fans have started up websites like "Defending Michael Jordan's honor"
laugh.gif
which mainly have stat comparisons between Kobe & Jordan. The weird &scary stuff is when people start comparing Jordan's & Kobe mannerisms on & off the court or like last year in the Finals when Kobe haters were inthe Finals game threads saying stuff like "Wow Kobe copied Jordan's jump up & fist pump celebration after the final buzzer went off in Game 5 ofthe Finals and the Lakers had won the Championship. Heck there was even that memorable thread started on here by SHUGES with the thread title "Kobe hatersunite"
laugh.gif
complete with all those hilarious GIF's with the onewith kid & dog kneeling & praying in front of the bed.

Originally Posted by hennySMASH

His wife lets him off the leash?

To answer your question, no she doesnt.

I see him all the time around Orange County. He and the fam, would ALWAYS eat at Benihanas off Ball Rd in Anaheim. Our office was in the same complex as theBenihanas. One of the times he was eating there my "older female" co-worker(Die hard Kobe Fan) ran out and waited for him to come out with Kobe shirtand poster. When Kobe walked out with the fam, he was cool and polite. Wifey saw him talking to my co-worker, ran over to him and literally pulled him away.LOL Wouldnt let Kobe sign the shirt and poster. Kobe apologized and took off.
laugh.gif

Living in La, you get to meet some nba stars I would say.

The coolest has to be baron davis man. He will not only sign your autograph, but he will actually chop it up with you, and everything. He has a camp at SMCevery summer and I used to go till I was like 15 or so, and ever since then, he's been straight dope in my book. The family and I once went to UniversalStudios, and he recognized us and literally went up to my moms car and chopped it up with her and my dad who was in there as well. Greatest moment with a NBAplayer to date. Baron's dope man.

Met lebron once. He was down here doing the chalk commercial and it was at a abandoned warehouse in Downtown La. Lebron was there, Broy and Lamarcus was there,and the biggest $!!#!#$ of all time, Daniel Gibson was there. He was acting like he was too good for everybody, he didn't even sign this 6 year old'sautograph man smh. Lebron though, he was real chill. Went over and shook his hand and chopped it up with him for a little bit then left, but I over heard Brontalking to some rep I don't know who it was, but...let's just say Bron was saying some things to him that would be look at as "Unfaithful."

I'm looking through picutures now trying to find some pics with me and Bron and Baron. Will post asap.

outacontrol music wrote:

No but I've met this guy

2f0c8ec503_m.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I remember this guy! This had to be at least 4 years ago when this was posted .

Also can you blame the guy if he was cocky when he was 19?
laugh.gif

I tell you what if met alot pro athletes or celebrities you wont like all the things they do but you've never had to deal with me.

Its like people saying Michael Jordan is a jerk and doesnt want to sign stuff. Do y'all realize Michael Jordan has been constantly bothering for autographssince like 1985. Can you fathom that? I dont care how much money you make it gets old after awhile.

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

outacontrol music wrote:

No but I've met this guy

2f0c8ec503_m.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I remember this guy! This had to be at least 4 years ago when this was posted .

Also can you blame the guy if he was cocky when he was 19?
laugh.gif

I tell you what if met alot pro athletes or celebrities you wont like all the things they do but you've never had to deal with me.

Its like people saying Michael Jordan is a jerk and doesnt want to sign stuff. Do y'all realize Michael Jordan has been constantly bothering for autographs since like 1985. Can you fathom that? I dont care how much money you make it gets old after awhile.
four years? dang, has it been that long?

No.. it hasn't

Nope, but from the stories I've heard he seems to be a really nice guy

I did meet Baron Davis summer of 09, he was cool as hell

Met Shannon Brown at the movie theatre off of Rosecrans and Nash at the food stand during the opening night of New Moon

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Living in La, you get to meet some nba stars I would say.

The coolest has to be baron davis man. He will not only sign your autograph, but he will actually chop it up with you, and everything. He has a camp at SMC every summer and I used to go till I was like 15 or so, and ever since then, he's been straight dope in my book. The family and I once went to Universal Studios, and he recognized us and literally went up to my moms car and chopped it up with her and my dad who was in there as well. Greatest moment with a NBA player to date. Baron's dope man.

Met lebron once. He was down here doing the chalk commercial and it was at a abandoned warehouse in Downtown La. Lebron was there, Broy and Lamarcus was there, and the biggest !##+%$! of all time, Daniel Gibson was there. He was acting like he was too good for everybody, he didn't even sign this 6 year old's autograph man smh. Lebron though, he was real chill. Went over and shook his hand and chopped it up with him for a little bit then left, but I over heard Bron talking to some rep I don't know who it was, but...let's just say Bron was saying some things to him that would be look at as "Unfaithful."

I'm looking through picutures now trying to find some pics with me and Bron and Baron. Will post asap.

this is so true. bdiddy will hold a conversation w you like you have known him for years. he is real cool peoples.

met kobe at the Allstar game in Atlanta. Shook his hand and sked for his auto. i was young. he seemed real coo and what not. He smiles and seemed like a niceperson.
But at

at the allstar game in denver, a lil kid was approaching lebron for an auto and before the kid could get there, a lebron rep like rushed over and said no. ithink its sad these pros have people to speak to em. i can understand saying to to an adult or a teen but cmon i could never say no to a kid who ask for myautograph(if i were famous)

Back
Top Bottom