Has the #metoo movement gone too far?Aziz Ansari sexual misconduct claims & "enthusiastic consent"

Liam Nesson had said something similar about the #MeToo movement about it being important that it uncovered shameful acts but it also started a 'witch hunt' which I tend to agree with.

Nah, they never had intercourse.

I still think Aziz was an ******* and in the wrong but I just don’t think he sexually assaulted her.
Yeah. It was more revenge on him because he treated her like a groupie and she thought they were special or had a connection.

He shouldn’t have tried anything else after she said no. He could have asked her to leave after that if he was upset but she should have left as well.
Like a bubble test in college. Yes or no, turn in exam and dipset.

Unless she’s a dime. You try and curve around the NO with humorous comments and dialogue. You fight that rejection claiming that I’m too good to be told NO. But....You actually end up falling in love with her depth and mind due to patience. She makes you wait. Then you end up marrying her and have hella kids lol

I think this movement is good if every person at fault is correctly held accountable. This means, if a person FALSELY accuses someone inappropriate conduct, he or she should issue an apology and face a defacement-esque charge and the media that reported it should "update" their initial report.

I think this movement is good if every person at fault is correctly held accountable. This means, if a person FALSELY accuses someone inappropriate conduct, he or she should issue an apology and face a defacement-esque charge and the media that reported it should "update" their initial report.
The foul part is she was able to stay anonymous.:smh:

The whole movement is flawed, but people are afraid of coming off as sexist if they acknowledge it. These things seem to go back and forth, so with the exaggerated push in one direction, there's nothing we can do to prevent from it going the other way when this is done.

There's a proper way to go about dealing with this issue. It's sad it's become an opportunity for some people.

This won't happen. It doesn't fit the narrative/movement.

This makes me think of the South Carolina Men's basketball coach, Frank Martin and how he met his wife:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03/26/south-carolina-frank-martin-wife-story

“No. My wife turned me down seven times to go out on a date. Seven. Seven,” Martin said. “And the day she made the mistake on going out on a date with me, I never let her go."

We used to see stories like this all the time and it was cute because they got married and it all worked out. At what stage is this creepy, though? At what stage is this sexual harassment? Was he reading her "non-verbal cues?", even though her mouth said no several times, we still pursued. If you read that flatly, with no context of what happened later, this looks like he was harassing this woman for months until she finally gave in. As she coerced? Doesn't sound like she gave "enthusiastic consent" for that first dates, does it?

Like a bubble test in college. Yes or no, turn in exam and dipset.

Unless she’s a dime. You try and curve around the NO with humorous comments and dialogue. You fight that rejection claiming that I’m too good to be told NO. But....You actually end up falling in love with her depth and mind due to patience. She makes you wait. Then you end up marrying her and have hella kids lol

Yeah, exactly how I feel. My buddy had a story similar to this... out all night, got drunk fooling around and the girl told him no. Soon as she said that he said are you sure, she said yes and he kicked her out. Pretty cutthroat, but he didn’t want her saying anything happened.

This won't happen. It doesn't fit the narrative/movement.
I think once people start seeing stars countering allegations, the opposite of what's happening now will become a hot-topic and people will start questioning the accusers about their "credibilty" which would balance things out. I still believe there are far more truthful victims than there are people crying wolf, but every situation is not carbon-copied and I feel as though some victims aren't rightfully putting themselves at fault or fully grasping the context of their own participation. Also, because this age of immdediate headlines and speedy judgement calls, I always make it a point to let things play out and wait for ALL of the information to present itself.

I think once people start seeing stars countering allegations, the opposite of what's happening now will become a hot-topic and people will start questioning the accusers about their "credibilty" which would balance things out.

Ain't this how **** was in the first place :lol:

I don't think this was remorse or regret but at a certain point she felt that since he was such a big star she was "obligated" to move to the next steps as he was leading her and once it got to actual penetration she mentally said enough is enough. Now, Aziz shouldn't be blamed for the frame she put around the situation (He's a celebrity so he's supposed to go all the way with me, even though I don't really want to) but when you look at this from the victim's POV you can only see so much of what happened.

We used to see stories like this all the time and it was cute because they got married and it all worked out. At what stage is this creepy, though? At what stage is this sexual harassment? Was he reading her "non-verbal cues?", even though her mouth said no several times, we still pursued. If you read that flatly, with no context of what happened later, this looks like he was harassing this woman for months until she finally gave in. As she coerced? Doesn't sound like she gave "enthusiastic consent" for that first dates, does it?

I do feel that women have this romanticized view of the world where the man will go to the ends of the earth and never stop fighting for the chance to be with her while also wanting men whom they reject to go far to the ends of the earth and stay there. But there should be a difference in asking a woman out and making sexual advances toward her. But then again we have to look at this stuff based on who the victim is and what they are used to. Some women want a man to be outfront about what kinda stuff they want to do to them while many others may prefer some couth and innuendo with their flirting and others want none until asked for.

Ain't this how **** was in the first place :lol:
It was until after the Cosby and Weinstein incident, the floodgates opened and everyone instinctively sided with victims. I see it swaying the other way if there's enough false(over exaggerated) accusations whether people backlash or not. After the initial shock, dialogue begins and people start offering a different perspective to keep the narrative "fresh", want to play the devil's advocate, or naturally research the incident and questions the accusers.

Scary times for a single good dude bachelor that likes to use alcohol on initial dates. Y’all stay safe.
Keep yourselves composed and don't act instinctively. A little self-reflection would help as well which means the less alcohol/drugs, the better.

the writer of that article stinks, if you think this is a case of sexual assault don't cutesy up your piece with
flippant language and crap. This girl might have been received better if this was presented with a little more gravitas
it's hard to take truly seriously when it seems she doesn't either

Keep yourselves composed and don't act instinctively. A little self-reflection would help as well which means the less alcohol/drugs, the better.
Meh I feel you. But I’ve been on many dates where the date becomes more fun and more alcohol is consumed. A great time turns into sexual exchange and then you get this exact message. Scary ****. I mean you sound like your speaking from a older man POV in which I am too. So I know what you mean but I was speaking to the 21-26 year old crowd.

Scary times for a single good dude bachelor that likes to use alcohol on initial dates. Y’all stay safe.

Fortunately, we, as regular dudes, don’t have as much to worry about.

Don’t be out here using these events as an excuse not to approach women.

He shouldn’t have tried anything else after she said no. He could have asked her to leave after that if he was upset but she should have left as well.

But wait....the reports explicitly state she never said no, and was relying on him picking up her non-verbal cues.

I'm more perplexed by the fact that they actually had private dialogue about the situation, he immediately apologized to her and owned up to his actions, yet she still felt the need to publicly out him while she hid behind anonymity. And this wasn't rape, just goofy & clumsy virgin-like behavior.

Part of the problem is getting men to own up to their sexual misconduct, especially by addressing their victim(s). Once they've done that though, is public crucifition also necessary?

I'm also left to think that this truly was a matter of Aziz just not understanding his limits here and not properly reading the situation. Big difference with being a sexual klutz and a sexual predator - the folks the #metoo movement should really be condemning.

Back
Top Bottom