HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Just watched and finished the series.

Absolutely breathtaking. Eps 7 & 8 of the 3rd szn had me in shambles.

Lindelof a GOAT in training. Seriously can't wait for Watchmen.

Just watched and finished the series.

Absolutely breathtaking. Eps 7 & 8 of the 3rd szn had me in shambles.

Lindelof a GOAT in training. Seriously can't wait for Watchmen.

Literally the only show that got progressively better each season, culminating in a masterpiece. True story telling.

Really? Refresh my memory did they ever find out what actually happened to all of those people? Also, didn't the lady leave dude with the daughter and stepson? My memory is fuzzy on how this show ended. For some reason I don't feel like anything was resolved, and questions were left unanswered.

Really? Refresh my memory did they ever find out what actually happened to all of those people? Also, didn't the lady leave dude with the daughter and stepson? My memory is fuzzy on how this show ended. For some reason I don't feel like anything was resolved, and questions were left unanswered.

IIRC when the 2% "vanished" they ended up in a parallel universe identical to theirs. So while we followed the story of the 2% vanishing, they were on the other side adjusting to seeing 98% of the world disappearing. That is at least what Nora saw when she went in that machine that allowed her to see the other side, her family had adjusted and moved on with their lives.

Season 2 was really some of the best television I've personally seen. That **** was amazing

IIRC when the 2% "vanished" they ended up in a parallel universe identical to theirs. So while we followed the story of the 2% vanishing, they were on the other side adjusting to seeing 98% of the world disappearing. That is at least what Nora saw when she went in that machine that allowed her to see the other side, her family had adjusted and moved on with their lives.

Season 2 was really some of the best television I've personally seen. That **** was amazing

thank you for that response, I can't believe I forgot all of that, :smh:...Now I remember Nora either buying a machine or paying someone to send her there. Did they say how it happened in the first place? What caused the 2% to vanish to the alternate universe?

Literally the only show that got progressively better each season, culminating in a masterpiece. True story telling.
I've been meaning to rewatch the whole thing start to finish.

One of my favorite series ever. They learned all of their lessons from LOST and applied that knowledge in great ways.

Some of the best choices for music too.

Reminds me, I want to do a rewatch of this pretty soon. Show was amazing. Sometimes forget how great it is. I think it's probably top 3-5 for me.

Just started a Lost rewatch, too.:ohwell::lol:

Lindelof is easily one of my favorites. International Assassin is one of my favorite hours of television ever.
I'm not sure if I would ever rewatch LOST. I've watched my favorite episodes a couple times and key points, but to go through all of it again, not for me.

Yeah, knowing how it turned out is a bit of a drag. I kind of want to go through Lindelof’s TV stuff chronologically before I get to Watchmen (which reminds me I also have to reread the graphic novel and rewatch the movie :lol:).

I also kind of want to go through the ending again. I really think a lot of the reaction to the ending was exaggerated because everyone was so close to it.

From what I’ve ready, they were pretty much winging it from the pilot on...which makes a lot of sense in hindsight.

Also just got to season 4 of Breaking Bad. I’m still trying to make sense of what happened with season 8 of GOT.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom