MAX | Out Now | Tokyo Vice Season 2

I hear you but it's a hell of a journey, i'd recommend it with the caveat the last season ain't ****.

My sister just watched the whole series in december for the first time. She loved it. It might be dope for folks that didnt read the books/ werent waiting and comtemplating whats gonna happen next after every season.

To put things in perspective, I'd rather recommend Lost to someone than Game of Thrones.

Maybe it gets better but I hated episode 5.
Yeah the direction this season went in probably aint for you especially if you didn't love previous seasons.

I’m trying with Succession (currently on season 2), but this show’s just meh imo.

The daughter is the epitome of entitled rich white woman. Ken is out to get his dad but then becomes this docile ***** boy. Roman is comedic at times but the sexual deviant stuff threw me off. The brother in law is the biggest kiss *** and **** I’ve ever seen in tv history. The dad is out of touch to the point where he fails to realize that his company is better off in the hands of someone other than one of his degenerate children.

I had high hopes but this one didn’t hit for me.
Yeah, show aint for you.

Lost over GoT though? I dunno man...that might be pushing it.

At least GoT only had one really bad season. Lost was so good for awhile then went completely sideways for a couple of seasons. I remember it being such a chore to watch a couple of those later seasons. And the ending?? Dumbest **** ever. :lol::smh:

Lost over GoT though? I dunno man...that might be pushing it.

At least GoT only had one really bad season. Lost was so good for awhile then went completely sideways for a couple of seasons. I remember it being such a chore to watch a couple of those later seasons. And the ending?? Dumbest **** ever. :lol::smh:
For me Lost only got bad in its last season.

1-3 was great. S4 was shortened cuz of the writer's strike so it was even better. S5 was the time travel season.

For me GoT started going downhill in s5 and never recovered cuz they no longer had book material to adapt.

Last edited:
Lost has the best s1 of any show to me still, def worth diving in, but again, last seasons ain't ****, blame the writer's strike. Def the show that ushered in the golden age, it's always worth checking just to see when TV quality changed.

I can think of better season 1s

but lost still pissed me off to a greater degree than GOT

i know GOT was the better quality show.. But lost had you in IN, I remember reading up on the details trying to figure out what the hell was going on and where things were going and the focus on a book that would be in for a brief moment

GOT was that top tier thou.. the wire, sopranos, breaking bad level

but it’s HBO so I expect quality

Uir.gif

Episode 4-6 of Season 4 were meh.

They’re introducing so much that I don’t think they’ll be able to sufficiently wrap it all up in 4 episodes next week. I am absolutely off the Dory/Chip kidnapping storyline. Would much rather have seen her be a villain around the city and have her natural toxicity fester within the group. If they drop all the other 3 characters storylines to find Dory.... :stoneface: Would be curious to see what Master Zik Master Zik and SC kid SC kid think.

Funniest moment for me by far is that not only did they make Drew black in the movie but it's Jabari from Power Book 2 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If they drop all the other 3 characters storylines to find Dory.... :stoneface: Would be curious to see what Master Zik Master Zik and SC kid SC kid think.
I mean that's where it was always going :lol:

From Drew figuring out the photoshop to Elliot being told the twink is alive to Portia being given the week off from the movie.

Had no problem with the episodes. I cant really say those 3 really had storylines for this season. It was more of what they been up to for 3 months and only Drew was in to something new. Every season w/e nonsense they've been in to gets put on the backburner for Tory's thing to take over or they merge together.

I figure similar to the first 2 seasons this is just the fiest half of the core plot. By s5 we'll be done with Chip and either that'll be the last season or they'll do something to finish the series in s6.

Not counting the subplot for Dory's black ex-bf and that whole congresswoman and sexual harassment :lol:

Last edited:
I mean that's where it was always going :lol:

From Drew figuring out the photoshop to Elliot being told the twink is alive to Portia being given the week off from the movie.

Had no problem with the episodes. I cant really say those 3 really had storylines for this season. It was more of what they been up to for 3 months and only Drew was in to something new. Every season w/e nonsense they've been in to gets put on the backburner for Tory's thing to take over or they merge together.

I figure similar to the first 2 seasons this is just the fiest half of the core plot. By s5 we'll be done with Chip and either that'll be the last season or they'll do something to finish the series in s6.
Fair enough. I’m just peeved that it’s taking the whole damn season to find her because I hate Chip and need his weird, cross dressing *** off my screen ASAP :lol: I need to see how this finishes before I can comment on if 5 or 6 would be most appropriate. I want Dory rustling jimmies and causing fear, not locked up eating chicken Nuggets cooked in peanut oil :lol:

I don't like the plot of season 4.
First 3 seasons were great.

I'll probably finish it though to see how it ends.

Fair enough. I’m just peeved that it’s taking the whole damn season to find her because I hate Chip and need his weird, cross dressing *** off my screen ASAP :lol: I need to see how this finishes before I can comment on if 5 or 6 would be most appropriate. I want Dory rustling jimmies and causing fear, not locked up eating chicken Nuggets cooked in peanut oil :lol:
I don't like Chip AT ALL either but I can deal with it to see where Dory ends up.

I don't like the plot of season 4.
First 3 seasons were great.

I'll probably finish it though to see how it ends.
Man you’ve watched 60% of the season. You’re going to finish it :lol:

I don't like Chip AT ALL either but I can deal with it to see where Dory ends up.

Again, good point. At this point, I’m just hoping they don’t fumble the bag next week and set up for a nice Season 5.

I’m trying with Succession (currently on season 2), but this show’s just meh imo.

The daughter is the epitome of entitled rich white woman. Ken is out to get his dad but then becomes this docile ***** boy. Roman is comedic at times but the sexual deviant stuff threw me off. The brother in law is the biggest kiss *** and **** I’ve ever seen in tv history. The dad is out of touch to the point where he fails to realize that his company is better off in the hands of someone other than one of his degenerate children.

I had high hopes but this one didn’t hit for me.

Damn dugg! You the first person I heard to not rock with Succession :lol:

I go in with the view that, these people are supposed to be the worst of the worst. And that framing, helps me enjoy the show. I enjoy that they don’t have many redeeming characteristics.....and are in a constant game of one-up manship, privilege, entitlement and backstabbing in their family :lol:

I made it to the end of the season and by then I came to grips that the characters are just irredeemable pieces of ****. I guess going into the second season I was under the belief that they were still trying to be good people, and that in season 2 more of their humanity would come to the forefront. I was obviously wrong. :lol:
Making it to the end and seeing that these folks are just depraved made the overall watch a bit more interesting.

If it’s back for a third season, I’ll watch when it concludes so I can binge. This isn’t an appointment television type of show for me.

I made it to the end of the season and by then I came to grips that the characters are just irredeemable pieces of ****. I guess going into the second season I was under the belief that they were still trying to be good people, and that in season 2 more of their humanity would come to the forefront. I was obviously wrong. :lol:
Making it to the end and seeing that these folks are just depraved made the overall watch a bit more interesting.

If it’s back for a third season, I’ll watch when it concludes so I can binge. This isn’t an appointment television type of show for me.

It's coming back for a third season (it's one of HBO's more popular shows). Last I read, they were supposed to start filming around the end of 2020 but I would suspect it to be in their summer or fall lineup.

Starting Euphoria now
Yo this **** is WILD :wow: :lol:

Euphoria was great. I actually need to do a re-watch. Make sure that you watch the two specials after you're done with Season 1.

Has anyone seen the new special Euphoria episode? Is it like part 1 where it's essentially a monologue between a couple characters? I actually enjoyed part 1 with Rue but not sure how a whole episode dedicated to Jules and maybe a few others would turn out.

Back
Top Bottom