MAX | Out Now | Tokyo Vice Season 2

I def don't have a favorite Euphoria character. Nate's theme is fire though, might put that on next time I have a chick over, see how that plays out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Flight Attendant was good. I need to get on the Tiger documentary ASAP. Lots of folks are raving about it.

Other than some overtly 'movie' moments I really thought the first season was well put together and am anxiously awaiting a second season. Until I saw it got renewed for a second season I had no clue what Megan's second plot within a plot had to do with the show.

Tiger is good. It is no fluff piece either. What Last Dance could have been if Jordan's people didn't co-produce.

Tiger is good. It is no fluff piece either. What Last Dance could have been if Jordan's people didn't co-produce.

Some folks have referred to it as a "hit piece" and in my mind I'm just like "No dude, he's just an ******* and scumbag that just happens be one of the best golfers of all-time. He was never really a saint, he was just protrayed that way." Will prioritize it this weekend and report back but I'm excited I get to watch both parts back-to-back.

but not sure how a whole episode dedicated to Jules and maybe a few others would turn out.
For the most part s1 was a bunch of episodes where they dedicated the main plot to one character. I want to say they covered like 6 or 7 characters and then had stuff from previous eps be subplots when they revisited certain characters. Then they just mixed things up to finish up.

There were like 2 Jules episodes in season 1.

It could be good but i'm not sure that's a concept I want to watch for multiple episodes and seasons. It's not like it's animated like Infinity Train and can go wild with the ideas.

Finished both parts of the Tiger Doc langfor5 langfor5 Kinfolk Kinfolk M Mark Antony Ja's 2¢ Ja's 2¢

Joint was 🔥 but Part 2 was too much for me, personally I got caught up in the same exact situation as Tiger just three weeks ago. I will verify one thing the contributor (I believe the mistress) said - it’s not the sex that got him caught up, it was the emotions. That‘s 100% spot on.

I think it was Mark who commented on it in the other thread but should have known what time it was with Tiger when he was young and said ”the blacks will think of me like they do MJ” and then renounced his blackness and identified as “Cablinasian”.

I was pissed about how the Chairman of Augusta was talking greasy about him. He doesn’t owe them ****. Tiger is human and didn’t do anything illegal yet this old white dude is talmbout him like he’s a convicted child molester or rapist. Disgusting. HAN.

Tiger’s journey reminds me of what we see in the NBA with players suffering more injuries because they take so many reps from starting from a young age. I also have maintained since the beginning of his downfall that golf is extremely cerebral and everything that happened took over his mental. Couple that with injuries? RIP.

Never saw the Tiger DUI video. “Don’t sing the National Anthem backwards” :smh:

Facial hair Tiger was truly a villain then when he came back in 2017, he made a successful turn put it took like 10 months away from the game. I was hyped AF when he won that Masters in 2019. Bro had all the young bols who wanted a piece shook as hell that Sunday :lol: Need him to win at least one more tourney to be in sole possession of most wins of all-time at 83 which is realistic. Not trying to be on my Shaq, hater grind but I don’t see him getting to 19 although I’m rooting for him.

This documentary points out what I hate the most about America (and his Pops friend touched on it) - they want to put you on a pedestal then when you get to the top, they pray on your downfall only to root for you, after beating down, if/when you make a comeback

I think they did as best they could without Tiger’s input. I would be curious to hear how y’all think it could have been better.

Thank you guys for pushing me to watch it :lol: :nthat:

Finished both parts of the Tiger Doc langfor5 langfor5 Kinfolk Kinfolk M Mark Antony Ja's 2¢ Ja's 2¢

I think they did as best they could without Tiger’s input. I would be curious to hear how y’all think it could have been better.

Thank you guys for pushing me to watch it :lol: :nthat:

“Best that they could” is far too generous.

There was very minimal effort put towards objectivity or getting more of his side of the story told.

Even if Tiger, Elin and Tiger’s mom were unwilling to contribute, that doesn’t give anybody license to go off the rails like they did and an effort could have been made to get perspectives from people that didn’t have an axe to grind.

An entertaining watch for sure, but when objectivity is intentionally absent, quality suffers greatly.

There was very minimal effort put towards objectivity or getting more of his side of the story told.

Even if Tiger, Elin and Tiger’s mom were unwilling to contribute, that doesn’t give anybody license to go off the rails like they did and an effort could have been made to get perspectives from people that didn’t have an axe to grind.

An entertaining watch for sure, but when objectivity is intentionally absent, quality suffers greatly.
I hear you. It’s honestly tough for me to comment without knowing Tiger personally who his friends were/are, you know what I mean? Looking at his gf’s home videos and the accounts of how his folks treated him, he legit might not have had that many friends from his HS/Stanford days. He played in an individual sport and he was super competitive so didn’t rock with anyone else on the tour. He was always golfing or working out. And when he wasn’t doing that, he was doing the Navy stuff or with thotties/MJ and Barkley.

His pops and caddie were probably the two closest dues to him from when he was a young bol to the downfall (obviously his pops based before 2009 - RIP). And for him to cut the caddie off...dude whose wedding he was best man at...his Day 1...with NO hesitation...the pool to pick from might not have been that large to begin with.

I guess this is all to ask, realistically, what positive perspective (outside of him, Elin or Tida) do you think could have been added that might have added objectivity?

BTW - I come in peace. I’m not trying to argue, I’m just genuinely curious what you believe was missing.

I hear you. It’s honestly tough for me to comment without knowing Tiger personally who his friends were/are, you know what I mean? Looking at his gf’s home videos and the accounts of how his folks treated him, he legit might not have had that many friends from his HS/Stanford days. He played in an individual sport and he was super competitive so didn’t rock with anyone else on the tour. He was always golfing or working out. And when he wasn’t doing that, he was doing the Navy stuff or with thotties/MJ and Barkley.

His pops and caddie were probably the two closest dues to him from when he was a young bol to the downfall (obviously his pops based before 2009 - RIP). And for him to cut the caddie off...dude whose wedding he was best man at...his Day 1...with NO hesitation...the pool to pick from might not have been that large to begin with.

I guess this is all to ask, realistically, what positive perspective (outside of him, Elin or Tida) do you think could have been added that might have added objectivity?

BTW - I come in peace. I’m not trying to argue, I’m just genuinely curious what you believe was missing.

Not even necessarily a positive perspective- but at a minimum more context than just running with “hi I was Tiger’s caddie for x amount of years. He dropped me without so much as a good phone call”.

Maybe the caddie had been rubbing Tiger the wrong way for a while leading up to that? Maybe Tiger did call but when Stevie picked up it wasn’t what he wanted to hear so in his view, it came out of the blue and he was blind sided?

Context is so important and never irrelevant.

Objectivity says that the caddie may be no more than a former disgruntled employee so he could very well be speaking from a place of absolute bitterness. Best man in his wedding or not, he was still an employee and working for a price.

Also how do you tell the story of Tiger dealing with racism without mentioning Fuzzy Zellerstein or the red neck Neanderthal sub human female from the Golf channel suggesting that the only way to stop Tiger was to “take him in a dark alley and lynch him”?? That’s too egregious to leave out and it was intentionally left out.

Last edited:
Not even necessarily a positive perspective- but at a minimum more context than just running with “hi I was Tiger’s caddie for x amount of years. He dropped me without so much as a good phone call”.

Maybe the caddie had been rubbing Tiger the wrong way for a while leading up to that? Maybe Tiger did call but when Stevie picked up it wasn’t what he wanted to hear so in his view, it came out of the blue and he was blind sided?

Context is so important and never irrelevant.

Objectivity says that the caddie may be no more than a former disgruntled employee so he could very well be speaking from a place of absolute bitterness. Best man in his wedding or not, he was still an employee and working for a price.
True but the only person who could refute those specific claims would be Tiger or his agent. I guess this where the difference lies between The Last Dance, which some consider a fluff piece and this, which some consider a hit piece: The protagonist was involved in the former documentary but not the latter.

When you choose not to speak or be involved you completely cede control of the narrative. At that point, every viewer is going assess the situation through their own personal perspective which often overshadows or obscures fact and truth and reality. It’s evident based on the fact that we’re even having this discussion. You and I watched the same documentary but because the only other parties that could have provided context declined to participate, it’s up to our own unique interpretations.

True but the only person who could refute those specific claims would be Tiger or his agent. I guess this where the difference lies between The Last Dance, which some consider a fluff piece and this, which some consider a hit piece: The protagonist was involved in the former documentary but not the latter.

When you choose not to speak or be involved you completely cede control of the narrative. At that point, every viewer is going assess the situation through their own personal perspective which often overshadows or obscures fact and truth and reality. It’s evident based on the fact that we’re even having this discussion. You and I watched the same documentary but because the only other parties that could have provided context declined to participate, it’s up to our own unique interpretations.
I would hope that everyone has a hard time arriving at conclusions and making complete interpretations without hearing from Tiger on the matter.

He was under no obligation to participate in this and I’m happy for him that he chose not to. Litigating your personal life on film for others entertainment is a WILD concept.

But Tiger is not the only person who could refute things said in the documentary. The idea that that is the case could not be further from the truth.

Personally like M Mark Antony mentioned, as soon as the talk about “the Blacks” started I really stopped caring about Tiger. And that was forever ago. But that doesn’t change the fact that this documentary, and calling it that is laughable, was careless and fueled by bitter people.

Yeah, it felt less like a documentary and more like an exposé. The way everything was presented was in the most sensational way possible. It definitely felt like everyone who was speaking had some kind of axe to grind with him, which made the whole thing feel kind of like a hit piece.

There was a few times I scrunched up my face at how some of the **** was framed.

Yeah, its why I don't trust HBO on these kinda docs (celebrities with controversies).

That Tiger joint had the crazy slant to it.

Back
Top Bottom