HBO Michael Jackson doc 'Leaving Neverland'

I'm genuinely curious as to how people are going the lengths they do to normalize Michael Jackson's behavior, knowing good and well they wouldn't have this same energy if the same patterns were repeated by some random person on their block.

Teenager on my block showed me XXX mags called "Cheri" when I was 6-7. Didn't think anything of it then, but looking back on it now I'm lucky that's all that happened.

When I was 11 my homie had a sleepover birthday. Like 10 of us went. It was in a gated community. We were running around the block and ended up at his stepdad's crib down the road. Stepdad puts on an XXX compilation video of chicks getting skeeted on. Again at the time laughed it off and didn't think much of it. Knew what I was doing was wrong, but didn't think the stepdad was doing anything wrong on his end. Found out years later he was abusing my friend.

If I was an impressionable kid, say 6-10 and my IDOL (at the time probably Shaq, Shawn Kemp, Treach from Naughty by Nature) were pulling the same stunts with me that Mike was with Jimmy and Wade, I honestly don't know how I'd respond because how I put myself in those positions above, my innocence and naivety are so far from who I am now that I can't really retroactively predict how I would have responded.

I'm genuinely curious as to how people are going the lengths they do to normalize Michael Jackson's behavior, knowing good and well they wouldn't have this same energy if the same patterns were repeated by some random person on their block.
I’m not. Your logic is the unrealistic keep the same energy silliness that nobody really does. People feel one way about something that is close to them/really affects them and another when it isn’t most times. This is just another case of that to me.

I've seen the documentary. Hard to watch, details were really graphic and disgusting.

I also came across this video:

What do you guys think of this guy's rebuttal in the video?

I am saying I don't remember my GENERAL mindset when I was 7, so there is no way for me to know what my mindset would be in a sexually abusive situation.

I am saying, I do not know

Your logic doesn’t add up.

1) no one well into their adult years would know how they would react at 7 years old to sexual abuse. Just because you would act a certain way today, wouldn’t be the same case when you are in the 2nd/3rd grade.

2) Also, you can’t say what you would do at that age because they weren’t abused from just some regular dude, it’s ****ing Michael Jackson. Someone larger than life, Peter Pan in real life. You or I wouldn’t be able to comprehend the infatuation and intimidation these kids had in the presence of MJ. Hell, even the parents turned a blind eye due to his fame and power. MJ was the most famous person in the world during theose abuse years.

There is a sense of self that both of you are seeming to omit. How are you not able to give an account on what YOU would personally do at 7 years old? It’s either a keep silent or tell answer. It’s cause we all know that the mind of a child for the most part isn’t one to bite their tongues. There’s exceptions to every rule and every child is different, of course. But again, Mike was with HUNDREDS of kids. Why are their only allegations from 2-3?

You know why. Idol worship. Another example would be the R Kelly thread on this very forum being titled “R Kelly is still a savage”

And your second point is a magic Johnson tweet.

Last edited:
I've seen the documentary. Hard to watch, details were really graphic and disgusting.

I also came across this video:

What do you guys think of this guy's rebuttal in the video?

This guy has also ranted and raved about needing a wall and the FBI conspiracy against Donald Trump

michael-jackson-emmanuel-lewis-jet-6-february-1984.jpg
So, did they explain why Michael was carrying Emmanuel Lewis around like he was an infant?
gallery-3475321.jpg

I’m not. Your logic is the unrealistic keep the same energy silliness that nobody really does. People feel one way about something that is close to them/really affects them and another when it isn’t most times. This is just another case of that to me.

:lol: how is it unrealistic? Let some random dude in your neighborhood have sleepovers with kids that ain't blood. U just gonna be like, "oh, ok...nbd?"

This guy has also ranted and raved about needing a wall and the FBI conspiracy against Donald Trump

Does that discredit anything in the video then? Not trying to insinuate anything, but it does seem to bring up some facts about the two accusers that makes me question their credibility.

No, I’m afraid not.

Hopefully you find your answers soon.
I haven't watched, just waiting for the responses. I do not want to support this, but I want to know if they addressed this. Jackson was not doing this with little girls, carrying them around, just little boys.

Stomach turning allegations. I don't believe them especially because Michael isn't here to defend himself but in '99 he said he would "slit his wrists" if he even thought of doing anything like that.

It's funny because this lyric is why Prince never worked with Michael. They were the biggest artists at that time and Michael asked him to be on that song and when Prince read that lyric, he said I'm good and moved on.

I didn't know this and was skeptical so I did the Google
"Bad" was supposed to be a duet

"In a resurfaced interview Prince did with Chris Rock, Rock asked, “There was never any rivalry between you and Mr. Jackson?”

Prince responded, “Not to me, no.”

But when the conversation turns to the part in MJ’s “Bad” he backed out of, Prince said, “The first line of that song is ‘Your butt is mine.’ Now, who is going to sing that to whom? Cause [he] sure ain’t singing that to me, and I sure ain’t singing it to [him].”

:rofl:

Probably why Mike friend zoned him. That and he was too old.

Its theorized that Mike (like other child predators) would only target children (and families) where there was a power imbalance.

McCauley was a child movie star and a rich kid. He wasnt a little boy from a family of thirsty fans who wanted to live the good life and so it would be too conspicuous to take advantage. He couldn't lavish that whole family with gifts and expensive trips. Same with Corey Feldman

Michael Jackson was the closest thing to Jesus Christ on this Earth. Would you compare a random 9 to 5'er on your street to the closest-thing-to-Jesus that we will ever witness in our lifetime?

I didn't know this and was skeptical so I did the Google
"Bad" was supposed to be a duet

"In a resurfaced interview Prince did with Chris Rock, Rock asked, “There was never any rivalry between you and Mr. Jackson?”

Prince responded, “Not to me, no.”

But when the conversation turns to the part in MJ’s “Bad” he backed out of, Prince said, “The first line of that song is ‘Your butt is mine.’ Now, who is going to sing that to whom? Cause [he] sure ain’t singing that to me, and I sure ain’t singing it to [him].”

:rofl:
Prince is right, Jackson was the aggressor in their competition. Quincy Jones told the story of how MJ goaded Prince to get on stage during a James Brown concert, telling James that he wanted Prince to try and follow him. Prince was high at the time, then made a fool of himself. Jackson loved it.

Back
Top Bottom