HBO Series 'The Deuce' from David Simon coming Fall 2017

Watched the first episode and thought it was pretty good. They really nailed the griminess of NYC during that time period.

The first ep was like 85 minutes long though.

Yuck :sick: @ Maggie's whole body shape.

I know that one movie some have suggested she was actually sexy in but I can't see it.

Good actor though.

Still getting through the oremiere which is good but I just realized its movie length :lol:

Common can't act.
Common did his thing on Hell on Wheels.

Watched the pilot. It was ok. I hope they don't get caught up trying to do too much depicting the old NYC (I think The Get Down and Vinyl crashed and burned at this). I not a fan of Maggie Gyllenhaal, but her character seems interesting. All them Wire cameos had me cracking up. Why they do my man Chris wig like that? :lol:

Hmmm best rapper actor? I'd go with Mos Def, he counts, right? I liked what he did in 16 Blocks

Yo I totally forgot Franco is playing his twin in this :rofl:

I'm wondering why the cut in his head disappeared. Next thing you know he's talking to himself :lol:

Did you see Luda's performance in crash and Law and Order?
I saw both.

Crash was okay.

That L&O SVU 2 part ep was very good but it was written for him to be the mastermind murderer.

Overall, Luda is still Luda in most of his roles. Son lacks range and I can't take him as a serious contender as best rapper/actor.

Mos is up there. I feel like Will Smith is beyond reproach but perhaps some consider him as somebody that's completely crossed over (like Queen Latifah). Similarr to his solo rap career if Andre had more roles he'd be close to GOAT.

Last edited:
Andre was dope in that Jimi Hendrix movie. Common was ok in the movie LUV. 50 is a slept on rapper actor. Tupac is the Goat.

Pac was def good but damn are his movies so damn 90s :lol:

Shame he didn't get more roles. Son would've thrived as an actor and movie star.

^ Yeah, he was on the come up as an actor for sure. Now that I think about it, he killed every role he played.

Damn shame he didn't live long enough to see his star rise like it was going to. |l

I got halfway through episode one. I was bored, I'll finish it later.

I never saw Vinyl because the cast wasn't interesting to me but it seems like y'all didn't like it.

I thought it was pretty good. most interested in the Darlene storyline and Maggie Gjjhkhgghg story
Ci Ci at the end :x

Watched this and I will sign on as a viewer for the entire season. C.C. at the end had me shook. I like how they did a bit of spiderweb deal with the characters. I'm curious to see how they all cross paths.

Is this a one or two season and done type thing? The topic seems rather specific and the production expensive so in order to keep it afloat, I think 1-2 would be ideal.

Anyone peep episode 2? Series definitely has potential.

Seems like they're going out of their way to show male frontal nudity though :lol:

Caught up on the 2 episodes and so far it's pretty good.

I must've missed why Maggie Gyllenhaal's character has to work the street instead of a regular job.

Back
Top Bottom