HBO: Stephen King's "The Outsider"...Sundays @ 9PM est...Season I Review & Finale Discussion

Huh? There were like 3 new characters and only 2 were really important to the narrative :lol: I think only one even had lines until the last jail scene.

The only new characters I saw were the prisoners and Dibney. She had the most scenes of the new characters. Once introduced she had as many as Ralph.

The rest of the episode were with characters that were introduced in the last 2 eps.

The weird **** with Jack is the key to the Outsider. That's where its at. Marked him, got him in pain, begging and pleading.

Huh? There were like 3 new characters and only 2 were really important to the narrative :lol: I think only one even had lines until the last jail scene.
I'm saying. Not to mention one dies. Aint much different with ep 3 other than it had to further the mystery of the story.

Last edited:
Digging this so far. Didn't read the book, so I have no idea where it's going...but it reminds me of an Us/It Follows/True Detective/Coherence mashup, which is cool with me.

Bill Camp is great in everything I've ever seen him in.

Have no idea what folks are talking about with too many characters. Can you elaborate? Only new characters I saw were the PI and Jack. Wasn't exactly too much to handle :lol:

Last edited:
I feel like the first 2 episodes will be the best episodes.

Starting to get Stephen kingy now
Not necessarily a bad thing.

Also not having Bateman in it anymore feels weird.

Digging this so far. Didn't read the book, so I have no idea where it's going...but it reminds me of an Us/It Follows/True Detective mashup, which is cool with me.

Bill Camp is great in everything I've ever seen him in.

Have no idea what folks are talking about with too many characters. Can you elaborate? Only new characters I saw were the PI and Jack. Wasn't exactly too much to handle :lol:

I just meant that the characters seemed rushed in all at once. Like opening scene, hunter guy, cut to prison guy A, cut to random guy hanging, cut to new detective girl, cut to prison guy 2, cut to girl sitting in room, cut back to hunter cop guy, etc.

it was just edited in a confusing way and made it seem like there were all these characters thrown at me. TO ME. Add the fact that the 1st episode has a non-linear timeline, I’m looking for this episode to do the same but didn’t, now I’m just confused. I thought it was a sloppily put together episode. Cutting room floor wise.

I just meant that the characters seemed rushed in all at once. Like opening scene, hunter guy, cut to prison guy A, cut to random guy hanging, cut to new detective girl, cut to prison guy 2, cut to girl sitting in room, cut back to hunter cop guy, etc.

it was just edited in a confusing way and made it seem like there were all these characters thrown at me. TO ME. Add the fact that the 1st episode has a non-linear timeline, I’m looking for this episode to do the same but didn’t, now I’m just confused. I thought it was a sloppily put together episode. Cutting room floor wise.

Oh okay. I hear you.

I didn't feel that way because I think we're supposed to be able to reconcile where they came from. Or we will eventually.

Random guy hanging actually wasn't random at all. He was the Peterson father, and by that point the last remaining Peterson. We saw him in previous scenes and by then knew their home.

By the end, we found out the prison guy was accused of that double rape/murder the PI was reading about on her computer. So I'm assuming he was basically a device used to show us that he's probably innocent (like Terry), and that Terry would have faced a similar fate had he returned to prison.

Last edited:

The hunter cop guy, Jack, was introduced in the 2nd episode though.

I get the editing part but there were scenes in between that were very long before they transitioned to the next thing.

I've never read the book so I don't know how this goes & finishes, but I'm into it.

Episode's 1 & 2 were real solid. Last night's was fine to setup all the remaining.

There's definitely some strong Coherence, upside down, US vibes. I hope it doesn't get too twisted to where I have to read about it to understand it like I did with US :lol:

I’m in episode 3 and I’m confused. Terry got grazed in his neck and he’s dead? They’re hasn’t been any talk outside of his daughter telling the detective that he’s actually dead?
Can anyone confirm?

I’m in episode 3 and I’m confused. Terry got grazed in his neck and he’s dead? They’re hasn’t been any talk outside of his daughter telling the detective that he’s actually dead?
Can anyone confirm?

Yeah he's dead. I thought he survived at first too, but subsequent dialogue confirmed he's dead.

Can anyone confirm?
Wasn't just a graze.

Think it nicked that main artery in the neck leading to him bleeding out.

I thought he was in a coma this whole time too til she said that. I don’t get why they didn’t get more into that. And that’s some straight **** they killed off Bateman like an episode and a half into the series :lol: that was my main reason for watching

Yea the first 2 episodes were flames. This third one got kind of cheesy. That was expected being that Stephen king is involved though. I’ll keep watching though.

Anyone notice how the cinematography often makes it feel like you’re watching what’s happening through the eyes of someone slightly removed from the action? Watching like an outsider? Like THE outsider? Maybe whoever the youngest daughter is talking to is present in the scenes that feel like that?

Whatever the case, the creepy factor with this show is off the charts.

Back
Top Bottom