HBO: Stephen King's "The Outsider"...Sundays @ 9PM est...Season I Review & Finale Discussion

I thought he was in a coma this whole time too til she said that. I don’t get why they didn’t get more into that. And that’s some straight **** they killed off Bateman like an episode and a half into the series :lol: that was my main reason for watching

He's billed in every remaining episode.

I'm so in after 2 episodes.

About to start the 3rd but from some of y'alls reactions I'm scared.

The first two episodes really captivated me. Episode 3 was definitely a turning point by introducing a super natural element. When Jack was talking to himself asking whoever/ whatever he encountered in that barn to stop the pain and that he’d do whatever it wanted; I was disappointed that’s the direction this story might be heading in. Like some in here; I haven’t read the novel. I don’t want to jump to any conclusions, but I do hope this show doesn’t end up being a letdown.

The first two episodes really captivated me. Episode 3 was definitely a turning point by introducing a super natural element. When Jack was talking to himself asking whoever/ whatever he encountered in that barn to stop the pain and that he’d do whatever it wanted; I was disappointed that’s the direction this story might be heading in. Like some in here; I haven’t read the novel. I don’t want to jump to any conclusions, but I do hope this show doesn’t end up being a letdown.

You missed the supernatural element in the first 2 episodes?

What kind of twist did you envision would happen that explained how a man was literally in 2 places at once? :lol:

I don't know how folks are giving up after 3 episodes. If you don't like supernatural elements, you could've just read the synopsis :lol:

Based on Stephen King's best-selling novel of the same name, "The Outsider" begins by following an investigation which at first seems like it will be simple and straightforward but things change as it leads into the gruesome murder of a young boy by a seasoned cop. When an insidious supernatural force edges its way into the case, it leads the investigators to question everything they believe in. The character of Holly Gibney from "Mr. Mercedes" is a major character in this series.

You missed the supernatural element in the first 2 episodes?

What kind of twist did you envision would happen that explained how a man was literally in 2 places at once? :lol:
This was the main thing I was thinking about wracking my mind for something other than supernatural before I just ended up reading the wiki summary and that was scifi. And the vibe of this show would make it some horror sci-fi anyway.

:lol: There is no grounded reasonable explanation for a man being in two places at once and one of them committing a rape and murder with blatant evidence to incriminate and at the same tine blatant evidence to exonerate.

Last edited:
I don't know how folks are giving up after 3 episodes. If you don't like supernatural elements, you could've just read the synopsis :lol:

I never said I was giving up after 3 episodes. TF would I read a synopsis if I didn’t read the novel? That completely defeats the purpose of enjoying this show. I personally avoid spoilers to movies and shows otherwise there is no purpose in me watching it.

:lol: There is no grounded reasonable explanation for a man being in two places at once and one of them committing a rape and murder with blatant evidence to incriminate and at the same tine blatant evidence to exonerate.
yes there is
a doppleganger
DUH

Giving up after 3 episodes because the 3rd one wasn't "as good" as the first two is dumb. Let them tell the story. Not every episode is going to be something incredible with crazy cliffhangers. Gotta advance things somehow. Happens in every show.

TF would I read a synopsis if I didn’t read the novel?

I wasn't alluding to you, but since you're here...

I think you're mixing up synopsis and plot summary :lol:

Would this synopsis ruin the Sopranos for you?

"The story revolves around Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini), a New Jersey-based Italian-American mobster, portraying the difficulties that he faces as he tries to balance his family life with his role as the leader of a criminal organization."

I wasn't alluding to you, but since you're here...

I think you're mixing up synopsis and plot summary :lol:

Would this synopsis ruin the Sopranos for you?

"The story revolves around Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini), a New Jersey-based Italian-American mobster, portraying the difficulties that he faces as he tries to balance his family life with his role as the leader of a criminal organization."
giphy.gif

This **** is about El Cuco? Every Latino kid knows about El Cuco. That's the Latino Boogeyman. When you misbehave, your parents tell you that El Cuco is coming to get you.

Back
Top Bottom