HBO: Stephen King's "The Outsider"...Sundays @ 9PM est...Season I Review & Finale Discussion

Ja's 2¢

formerly vcshoxj6

The 10-episode series follows police detective Ralph Anderson (Ben Mendelsohn), as he sets out to investigate the mutilated body of 11-year-old Frankie Peterson found in the Georgia woods. The mysterious circumstances surrounding this horrifying crime leads Ralph, still grieving the recent death of his own son, to bring in unorthodox private investigator Holly Gibney (Cynthia Erivo), whose uncanny abilities he hopes will help explain the unexplainable. The cast includes Ben Mendelsohn, Cynthia Erivo, Bill Camp, Mare Winningham, Paddy Considine, Julianne Nicholson, Yul Vázquez, Jeremy Bobb and Marc Menchaca.

1st ep was wild, I assume there's some kind of supernatural doppelganger. Terry's youngest must be one of the few besides the viewer who can see or detect whatever it is. Idk if Terry is gonna survive the next ep after dude said they were gonna murk him after court.

Very good so far. The show is so grounded, it'll be interesting to see how they approach the Stephen King pivot.

How did I not hear about this show until last night at 9:40? :lol:

About to watch the first two episodes. Not trying to read anything in here til then.

i’m one episode in and what I’m guessing is that the droopy face dude/thing in the hoodie at the end is probably able to imitate faces and that’s why Terry was able to be two places at the same time?

I read the wiki about the plot of the book and so far it's exactly like the show.

If the ending is the same as the book I dunno if they can pull that off lol

I read the wiki about the plot of the book and so far it's exactly like the show.

If the ending is the same as the book I dunno if they can pull that off lol
Yeah, I caved and wiki'd the hell out of the book.

Was liking the pacing and editing of this show and then episode 3 happened. Joint took a left turn and introduced too many characters and scenes at once. Found it pretty annoying.

I understand having to speed things along in a movie but this is a whole damn series. Pump the brakes god damn :lol:

Was liking the pacing and editing of this show and then episode 3 happened. Joint took a left turn and introduced too many characters and scenes at once. Found it pretty annoying.

I understand having to speed things along in a movie but this is a whole damn series. Pump the brakes god damn :lol:

Agreed. I have no idea what was going on in that episode for the most part :lol: a new character was introduced every 10 minutes with barely any or no background knowledge at all. Just way too scattered.

Back
Top Bottom