HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

I didn’t want to believe that Cal was who he was but when he pulled up in that Blue car I kind of saw that as a hint.

Told myself I was reaching, but Iwas definitely paying close attention to the color of that car. Especially with such a heavy focus on Dr. Manhattan all episode. Just felt like time.

That and I noticed the screencap they used for the episode was a simple shot of Cal reaching in the fridge or some ****. Stop playing with me, Lindelof. :lol:

EDIT: Could lady Trieu be somehow harvesting memories through the elephant?

Also, that Excalibur easter egg is crazy in hindsight. :lol:

Last edited:
Also I don't think Lady Trieu will end up really being completely on the "good" side, like she's not in it to just stop racists. Sticking with the original theme of the right wing nutjob and the brilliant wealthy sociopath thinking they know what's best for everyone.

FCA34F4A-4A6E-4F0D-B85C-E4D09BA5F9EE.jpeg

Trent & Atticus have been nothing short of phenomenal this season. Going to have to buy this soundtrack on wax if they release it.
Was really happy when I heard Reznor was going to be in charge of the score for the show. He's one of the best musical minds on Earth.

They have knocked it out of the park.

Episode title: An Almost Religious Awe

The eyes are a window into your soul. Through her windows, she had already seen God.

2FFFA6DB-D657-4D8F-A7F8-F6C88E3CC72C.png

Edit: And look at the pupil and inner iris of her stained glass eyes. :emoji_cry:

Edit 2: Bruh, look at the outer pupil color. :emoji_astonished:
This one might be reaching because it’s a little more burgundy than brown but I can’t help but notice a relationship to the blue man hiding himself under the skin of a black man.

Last edited:
Told myself I was reaching, but Iwas definitely paying close attention to the color of that car. Especially with such a heavy focus on Dr. Manhattan all episode. Just felt like time.

That and I noticed the screencap they used for the episode was a simple shot of Cal reaching in the fridge or some ****. Stop playing with me, Lindelof. :lol:

EDIT: Could lady Trieu be somehow harvesting memories through the elephant?

Also, that Excalibur easter egg is crazy in hindsight. :lol:

I even thought with seeing lil Angela wearing the blue dress in her flashback that there was some relation but I didn’t think it was gonna go down like that! CRAZY!! :wow:

Episode title: An Almost Religious Awe

The eyes are a window into your soul. Through her windows, she had already seen God.

Edit: And look at the pupil and inner iris of her stained glass eyes. :emoji_cry:
I've had a running theory that Ozymandias is dead and his entire storyline is one giant metaphor for this series at large.

He is liberal hypocrisy.

A dream of utopia, that gets to ignore all of the past and all of the human cost of what having that dream become reality, entails.

The clones are all living creatures. But because he feels he has the right to treat them like things, witness all the horrors the smartest man alive performed.

To babies. To innocents. To loyal servants.
For his amusement. His art. His convenience. His "plans."

Homie wants to return to a world worse than the one he lives in, because these clones telling him he's superior don't hit right. Cuz that's what they're supposed to do. That's what he's programmed them to want to do.

He wants to be superior to people who don't want him to be superior, because it gets him off. And there are no people like that there, so this is HELL to him.

Even "well-intentioned" white supremacy can't live within a vacuum. It's miserable without other people. Without recognition.

I always believed Native Americans were wiped out, because they couldn't forget a world where all the invaders' social worth didn't matter to them.

But black and brown and Asian people would. Some won't (suicide bomber/Killmonger), but enough will that the satisfaction of superiority comes through.

Ozymandias is the solution to bigotry America always offers, that never really works, cuz that foundation is fugazi.

Last edited:
Was this the first episode in which he was actually referred to as Ozymandias?

Though I expected the Dr Manhattan twist, the reveal was done so well with the Tension building. Plus the added twist of Angela being aware all along.
Angela being aware was weird to me. I feel like I missed something

Back
Top Bottom