HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

Will wasting all these hours and years into a show
Be REALLY worth it
If the series finale is trash???

Will wasting all these hours and years into a show
Be REALLY worth it
If the series finale is trash???
How can you really predict that an ending will be trash after the first episode?

If we're talking Lindelof, he is credited with the endings of both Lost and The Leftovers. One is mostly considered a tragic failure, while the other is looked at as one of the best shows on television in the last decade or so.

Not surprised this is coming from you, you're skeptical of everything it seems. :lol:

Outside of Thrones, what is this history of bad endings that HBO has?

How can you really predict that an ending will be trash after the first episode?

If we're talking Lindelof, he is credited with the endings of both Lost and The Leftovers. One is mostly considered a tragic failure, while the other is looked at as one of the best shows on television in the last decade or so.

Not surprised this is coming from you, you're skeptical of everything it seems. :lol:

Outside of Thrones, what is this history of bad endings that HBO has?
Sopranos
Newsroom
Ballers
Entourage
The leftovers (still confused :lol:)
GoT
Big love
Carnivale
I can keep going
And I’m not saying it will be trash
Just pointing out how wack hbo series finale’s be

I mean, if you go into it like that there's no reason to watch.

I'm less worried about the final episode of a show. It's all about the ride there for me. Westworld could have the best close ever, but will it matter if the quality of the writing continues to get worse with every season?

I didn't watch 80% of what you listed. Maybe also be a better judge. Ballers? Come on, man. :lol:

I mean, if you go into it like that there's no reason to watch.

I'm less worried about the final episode of a show. It's all about the ride there for me. Westworld could have the best close ever, but will it matter if the quality of the writing continues to get worse with every season?

I didn't watch 80% of what you listed. Maybe also be a better judge. Ballers? Come on, man. :lol:
With how trash Westworld 2nd season was
Ain’t no way they finish strong

Also I needed something to watch
And started watching ballers like a month ago
Never seen an episode until a month ago

Veep last episode coulda been better too :smh:

With how trash Westworld 2nd season was
Ain’t no way they finish strong

Also I needed something to watch
And started watching ballers like a month ago
Never seen an episode until a month ago

Veep last episode coulda been better too :smh:
I had nothing to watch since probably Thrones. Now it seems like everything is coming back, and I don't have enough time.

Between Watchmen, Mr. Robot and Castle Rock I'm cool. I'm sure there's going to be a bunch of stuff dropping on Netflix in the next few months too.

I had nothing to watch since probably Thrones. Now it seems like everything is coming back, and I don't have enough time.

Between Watchmen, Mr. Robot and Castle Rock I'm cool. I'm sure there's going to be a bunch of stuff dropping on Netflix in the next few months too.
Plus Jack Ryan coming back :pimp:
Please tell me u been up on that
And Hanna on amazon prime

SO this is if there was retribution for the Black Wallstreet massacre and also reparations being paid?
Robert Redford as president in that Presidents poster in the classroom.

Redfordations.

Feels a lot like that 'if slavery continued' show that D&D wanted to do, just less of an alt right dream.

It's gonna take some time to learn the nuances of this universe. I should go back to the comic to get more context around how things lead to where the show is.

Plus Jack Ryan coming back :pimp:
Please tell me u been up on that
And Hanna on amazon prime
I see Jack Ryan ads constantly, I just can't see Jim as an action star. Never was a fan of action TV shows either honestly. **** like 24 never really grabbed my attention.

How's Hanna? I say this every time this discussion comes up, but there's just too much that drops everyday. Certain shows I just decide I'm not going to watch from a quick glance. :lol:

Robert Redford as president in that Presidents poster in the classroom.

Redfordations.

It's gonna take some time to learn the nuances of this universe. I should go back to the comic to get more context around how things lead to where the show is.

I see Jack Ryan ads constantly, I just can't see Jim as an action star. Never was a fan of action TV shows either honestly. **** like 24 never really grabbed my attention.

How's Hanna? I say this every time this discussion comes up, but there's just too much that drops everyday. Certain shows I just decide I'm not going to watch from a quick glance. :lol:
Bruh
If I like Jack Ryan and hanna
And have no complaints
Than u gonna like em
ONLY thing that bugs me about jim on the show
Is that ***** needs some damn carmex
His lips STAY looking chapped as hell
And they stay showing close ups which makes it look worse

Didn’t Nora get into some machine in the last episode
That took her to where the “departed” went :lol: man that **** was trash
Think of The Leftovers and the antiLost, they went in with the specific concept of a character driven drama and no expectation of explanation on the main event. The attempts to do so are simply MacGuffins and a means to drive the plot towards the ultimate character resolution in the end.

:pimp:

Coming from Lindelof, you had to take this song as him speaking directly to viewers after he failed with Lost in most people's eyes. It was less about the actual occurance, and all about the characters. That's what I loved so much. Even episodes like International Assassin and The Most Powerful Man in the World (and His Identical Twin Brother), while it was basically all action, was all an inner journey for Kevin Garvey.

He found a way to again tell a convoluted story with no real answer, this time without letting down most people watching.

That's why I'm so interested in how Watchmen turns out after watching him stuble with Lost, and get it together with The Leftovers. It'll be interesting to see how he approaches telling this story since Watchmen is another one that's open for A LOT of interpretation.

Back
Top Bottom