HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

Yeah looks like they'll explain it next ep.

My G Cadillac still playing Dr. M or nah?

Doesn’t sound like him during the flashback sequence but it’s definitely his voice in the voiceover towards the end.

Plus, John Ostermann is a white man originally.

And I NEED a black cap with the Dr. Manhattan HBO logo yesterday.
5CB68263-2B08-4620-82D7-284F767E3D4E.png

Yeah looks like they'll explain it next ep.

I was sure they would but I more so meant it in the way that before the reveal, Angela kinda was the voice for the audience watching. She was confused as to what was going on and figuring things out as they went on, but for her to all of a sudden do what she did was weird to me.

Like what triggered her to do it specifically?Trieu’s plan?

I was sure they would but I more so meant it in the way that before the reveal, Angela kinda was the voice for the audience watching. She was confused as to what was going on and figuring things out as they went on, but for her to all of a sudden do what she did was weird to me.

I think it was that Trieu told her the 7K are on their way to kill Dr. Manhattan.

Like why she ran home to activate him? If that's what you mean, Lady Trieu told her the 7th Kavalry is going to kidnap him, and in his current unaware human state they'd get away with it.

Does the 7k view Dr. Manhattan as a race traitor? "Making God bleed" because their white supremacists hero would rather live his life as a black man and fell in love with the legacy of Hooded Justice?

They show Dr. Manhattan as one of those bootstrap Ellis Island real American stories in the documentary within the show.

Also getting lots of death and reincarnation parallels to the blue/black God mythos

images (2).jpeg

I even thought with seeing lil Angela wearing the blue dress in her flashback that there was some relation but I didn’t think it was gonna go down like that! CRAZY!! :wow:
Yeah, I definitely didn't see it happening that way. :lol:

That's what I mean about rewarding rewatches. So many hints out there that we probably missed in the episode.

Calling the Dr. Manhattan dildo Excalibur - Ex-Cal-Abar.

Then calling the next episode A God Walks Into A Bar - A God Walks Into Abar.

Masterclass, I tell you!

Does the 7k view Dr. Manhattan as a race traitor? "Making God bleed" because their white supremacists hero would rather live his life as a black man and fell in love with the legacy of Hooded Justice?

They show Dr. Manhattan as one of those bootstrap Ellis Island real American stories in the documentary within the show.

Also getting lots of death and reincarnation parallels to the blue/black God mythos

images (2).jpeg
Well then. There might be something to the race traitor angle.

There's so many possibilities with two episodes to go. I trust they carved out a specific amount of episodes it would take to tell the story, so I'm hopeful the rest wont feel rushed.

images (2).jpeg
Is that photo Watchmen related or is that an actual myth from before antiquity?

Good question.

Could pretend it's political? Russians are working on one right?

Bet they'd present it like that, but use the power to remake the world in their image.

And taking out Dr. Manhattan is them, like always, being worried that the OTHER has the ability to hurt them, so better to dead that ASAP.

Reactions: wr
^Lord. The density and real world reference in this show are mind blowing.

The hilarity of it all is that, if you created a Dr. Manhattan to drive forward some white supremacist plan, by the time he stepped out of whatever chamber he'd probably be like 'you all bore me with your human squabbles over variations in pigment' and just go about his own devices. :lol:

Lindelof said that all original characters that appear in the show have a direct connection to Angela.

We know her connection to Silk Spectre, Hooded Justice and Dr. Manhattan but now I’m real curious about her connection to Ozymandias and how they reveal what that is.

Crazy how Ozymandius comes off initially as a retired man enjoying the fruits of his labor on some European estate to being a a prison off world, out of the normal timeline and surrounded by clones and a game/prison warden. I'm curious about that .

Funny how Dr. Manhattan is supposed to be off world, but he's living amongst humans and Oz (although not on Mars) is the one in space.

The lady has a golden statue in the middle of her garden honoring him, yet the device that people use to communicate with Dr. Manhattan is just false hope and collection of unanswered prayers.

Both highly revered characters are both out of touch with humans literally and figuratively.

The ozymandias costume looked dope. Does he have an eye logo on the collar? Could if be connected to the cyclops? Maybe just a coincidence. Really want to see how he gets saved from that place.

The ozymandias costume looked dope. Does he have an eye logo on the collar? Could if be connected to the cyclops? Maybe just a coincidence. Really want to see how he gets saved from that place.

He gets a watch every birthday as well.

What about the elephant?

Elephant in the room?

Elephants supposedly have long term memories and can travel long distances remembering their way back. Been thinking bout the elephant in logo may have something to do with the nostalgia drug or may be the source of it.

I popped when Judd's wife tried to do the trap chair cartoon supervillain gimmick and the remote didn't work :lol:

Yoooo, I love how this series (comic included) throws **** like that in there mocking that trope.

The Comedian lives through his daughter, my gawd I saw him appear right there when she said "wut?"

**** hit the fan just like the comic did...

There were so many obvious hints I missed to 7K's plan before it was revealed through Trieu.

Dr. Manhattan's logo even surrounded the cyclops in the background when Silk Spectre was being held captive.

Back
Top Bottom