HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

Ramesses II (1279-1213 BCE, alternative spellings: Ramses, Rameses) was known to the Egyptians as Userma’atre’setepenre, which means 'Keeper of Harmony and Balance, Strong in Right, Elect of Ra’. He is also known also as Ozymandias and as Ramesses the Great. He was the third pharaoh of the 19th Dynasty (1292-1186 BCE) who claimed to have won a decisive victory over the Hittites at The Battle of Kadesh and used this event to enhance his reputation as a great warrior. In reality, the battle was more of a draw than a decisive victory for either side but resulted in the world's first known peace treaty in 1258 BCE. Although he is regularly associated with the pharaoh from the biblical Book of Exodus there is no historical or archaeological evidence for this whatsoever.

Ramesses lived to be ninety-six years old, had over 200 wives and concubines, ninety-six sons and sixty daughters, most of whom he outlived. So long was his reign that all of his subjects, when he died, had been born knowing Ramesses as pharaoh and there was widespread panic that the world would end with the death of their king. He had his name and accomplishments inscribed from one end of Egypt to the other and there is virtually no ancient site in Egypt which does not make mention of Ramesses the Great.

If dr. Manhattan has been living in Tulsa and doesn't receive the phone calls from those booths, who dropped Angela's car in front of laurie?

Those big drones dr trieu has.
It's kinda sad too.

For a hot sec, Laurie thought it could be Big Blue...
Then snapped back like...OH HELL NAW, would my man stop by and not say hi.
Must be a real world explanation for this nonsense. :smh:

368FE519-489F-46C1-9CFD-676B47BF171C.jpeg

Lindelof said that all original characters that appear in the show have a direct connection to Angela.

We know her connection to Silk Spectre, Hooded Justice and Dr. Manhattan but now I’m real curious about her connection to Ozymandias and how they reveal what that is.
You gotta think...smartest man in the world had to figure out who Hooded Justice is.

How could he leave that mystery alone?
Or hell...what if Will has something to do with Ozy leaving?

Maybe we get an OG Will & Ozy scene? :nerd:

So basically Dr. Manhattan is all about that poon??

My mans just cannot leave it alone?

makes me feel 100000X better as a mere mortal

I only watched the movie but it did seem to hurt him when his wife accused him of the reason for her cancer. Then silk spectre bae started feeling different after he duplicated himself and was about to gangbang her. Wonder what made him choose angela and want to take a new human identity.

I only watched the movie but it did seem to hurt him when his wife accused him of the reason for her cancer. Then silk spectre bae started feeling different after he duplicated himself and was about to gangbang her. Wonder what made him choose angela and want to take a new human identity.
For a dude whose perception of time is non-linear it was crazy to see the emotion of shock and sadness on his face when he was accused of that. Listing all his friends, ongoing villains, and ex that had cancer and linking it to contact with him.

Coldblooded and its so ****ed up cuz it's only a weak spot cuz even he doesn't know the extent of his abilities or side effects.

For a dude whose perception of time is non-linear it was crazy to see the emotion of shock and sadness on his face when he was accused of that. Listing all his friends, ongoing villains, and ex that had cancer and linking it to contact with him.

Coldblooded and its so ****ed up cuz it's only a weak spot cuz even he doesn't know the extent of his abilities or side effects.
Like I don't think Dr. Manhattan is actually God, yaknow?

I think he's a flawed fantasy come true. What holds a man back from being super?

Too slow? Omnipresent: unrestrained by space.

Too weak? Omnipotent: beyond physical matter.

Too dumb? Omniscient: beyond time.

If ego was the drive (eg. I gotta be THE ONE) and the goal was maximum power, then he's the god of that ****. He's real superman without the fake restraints comic books put on him, so that the bad guys can actually punch back. But what do you end up with?

You get one person out of billions, who can be everywhere and anywhere, but anywhere he goes, everyone is terrified. He can do anything, but anything he does removes human free will and people still want to kill each other. He can see the past, present and future at once and sees that, there's no superpower for "people are gonna people and that means pain and suffering, no matter what."

And on top of all of that...he's a beyondhuman that thinks he was an American guy named Jon from the 40s.

Superheroes only make sense when there's supervillains. ****, they practically invent them just by existing. Love is the only thing more powerful than him, because he's aware enough to know, it's the most unlikely and unpredictable outcome of all of humanity. It's something his powers could never make happen.

It's wild, but the real of Watchmen is that the greatest superpower there ever was is Love & Empathy, and the way to prove it, is by giving you every other one you could want and showing, that **** ain't enough.

This show gonna have me smoking menthols in the snow :smh: :lol:

I think he's a flawed fantasy come true. What holds a man back from being super?

If ego was the drive (eg. I gotta be THE ONE) and the goal was maximum power, then he's the god of that ****. He's real superman without the fake restraints comic books put on him, so that the bad guys can actually punch back. But what do you end up with?

You get one person out of billions, who can be everywhere and anywhere, but anywhere he goes, everyone is terrified. He can do anything, but anything he does removes human free will and people still want to kill each other. He can see the past, present and future at once and sees that, there's no superpower for "people are gonna people and that means pain and suffering, no matter what."

And on top of all of that...he's a beyondhuman that thinks he was an American guy named Jon from the 40s.

Superheroes only make sense when there's supervillains. ****, they practically invent them just by existing. Love is the only thing more powerful than him, because he's aware enough to know, it's the most unlikely and unpredictable outcome of all of humanity. It's something his powers could never make happen.

It's wild, but the real of Watchmen is that the greatest superpower there ever was is Love & Empathy, and the way to prove it, is by giving you every other one you could want and showing, that **** ain't enough.

Don’t let someone like Kyrie get ahold of this and remix it into some ultimate “woke” narrative :lol:

Someone gotta take away your internet access.
58CC4141-A18E-489F-984F-CFA2E5385006.png

Don’t let someone like Kyrie get ahold of this and remix it into some ultimate “woke” narrative :lol:
It's a wrap when someone puts Kyrie on. ESPN analysis of his tweets for a week.

And I wonder if the 7k knew before white night who Cal was and it was all a cover up or discovered it that night. The kids parents were probably in on it too now that I think about the racist *** grandpa.

Back
Top Bottom