HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

I guess I’ll have to watch every episode like 5 times cause I’m getting more confused lol...

But it is holding my attention

Not really, you're starting to see the connections come together.
We’re 4 episodes in to a 9 episode season and characters and storylines are being introduced still. Now if going into episode 5, they’re no longer going to do so then I’ll walk it back. But to me, it’s feeling scattered as of now

All these people can make up all the video essays and criticisms they want. But imo Watchmen the directors cut remains one of the absolute best CBM's ever made.

it was a solid movie, at least to me.. but it missed the mark of the comic itself, which was the point of the video

same goes for snyder's interpretation of batman, which was also cool (albeit, i wasnt a fan of any of those movies).. or singer with anything xmen (also wasnt a fan of any of these)

LawfulDeliriousAiredale-size_restricted.gif

I really don't get the hatred for it. Outside of the fact that Alan Moore made it known that he didn't want it adapted. Watchmen felt like a comfortable step after The Dark Knight tried the hyper realistic angle.

I've gone over it over and over on NT, so I'm not going to go into why I still think it's one of the best CM movies ever. It gets a bad wrap, though.

Just finished Sunday's episode. Some things are starting to be tied together, but more is still being introduced. Really can't imagine how this doesn't go to a Season 2.

it was a solid movie, at least to me.. but it missed the mark of the comic itself, which was the point of the video

same goes for snyder's interpretation of batman, which was also cool (albeit, i wasnt a fan of any of those movies).. or singer with anything xmen (also wasnt a fan of any of these)
But other than changing the ending for the movie, it's literally a panel for panel and word for word adaption of the original book. And yet this video essay still says the movie didn't get the point of the book. I'm a little confused at that part.

The watchmen movie was boring as hell. I still haven’t finished the whole thing

I still don't think the ending was really 'changed.'

It's literally the same outcome as the comic, using the same 'common enemy' theorizing. A mass extinction event is a mass extinction event.

That part really didn't change anything for me.

I still don't think the ending was really 'changed.'

It's literally the same outcome as the comic, using the same 'common enemy' theorizing. A mass extinction event is a mass extinction event.

That part really didn't change anything for me.
Exactly! And honestly, a giant squid appearing on screen would have been such a jarring moment. And it would have limited the scale of destruction to only New York. In the movie Ozy targeted all major metropolitan cities.

But other than changing the ending for the movie, it's literally a panel for panel and word for word adaption of the original book. And yet this video essay still says the movie didn't get the point of the book. I'm a little confused at that part.

did you watch the video?

the video speaks to the simple aspect regarding the comic and the movie and the issue therewith.. and i think changing the squid thing was smart, just like changing the ironman origin for the first IM film

Last edited:
Wild guess, at the Millennium Clock.

i've seen the moon thrown out there.. was mars at first when that image of dr manhattan was first thought to be his captor (which i disagree with, since he would have just checked himself and escape wouldnt seem viable)

but going be interesting to see how he escapes.. also wouldnt be shocking if he's right on earth in like antarctica

Back
Top Bottom