HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

Someone gotta take away your internet access.
58CC4141-A18E-489F-984F-CFA2E5385006.png
Agreed. Show got me in peak '07 Lost mode. :smh:

Thank Manhattan, iss only 2 left. 🙏🏿

I only watched the movie but it did seem to hurt him when his wife accused him of the reason for her cancer. Then silk spectre bae started feeling different after he duplicated himself and was about to gangbang her. Wonder what made him choose angela and want to take a new human identity.
Probably sick of these white women :lol:

Maybe the cavalry found out who Cal was during the white night. Because we don't know how Angela survived the second shooter who was standing on top of her. Was it Cal or was it Judd? That's prob gon be answered either next week or in the finale.

I did a rewatch earlier and I noticed it on my original watch too but seeing it again made me revisit the plot of For Whom The Bell Tolls because that was the book Cal was holding when he was awoken on the couch by Angela coming home to warm him.

And with good cinema/ television, nothing that’s in focus for that long in the mis en scène is a coincidence...

Some excerpts from the book summary that I think 🤔 has and will have parallels to this show (Jordan = Cal & Angela = María):

In the camp, Jordan encounters María, a young Spanish woman whose life has been shattered by her parents' execution and her rape at the hands of the Falangists (part of the fascist coalition) at the outbreak of the war.
Jordan's own new-found lust for life, which arises from his love for María.
The enemy, apprised of the coming offensive, has prepared to ambush it in force and it seems unlikely that the blown bridge will do much to prevent a rout. However, Jordan understands that he must still demolish the bridge unless he receives explicit orders to the contrary. Lacking the detonation equipment stolen by Pablo, Jordan devises an alternative method: exploding the dynamite by using hand grenades with wires attached so that their pins can be pulled from a distance. The improvised plan is considerably more dangerous, because the guerillas must be nearer to the explosion... While escaping, Jordan is maimed when a tank shoots his horse out from under him. Knowing that his wound is so severe that it is highly unlikely that he will survive and that he would slow the others down, he bids farewell to María and ensures her escape to safety with the surviving guerrillas. He refuses Agustín's offer to shoot him and lies waiting in agony, hoping to kill an enemy officer and delay the pursuit of his comrades before he dies. The narrative ends just before Jordan launches his ambush.

The book’s setting also takes place during the Spanish Civil War when the Nationalists under Franco & Co. are attempting to take back the government from the leftist Republicans. Jordan, the protagonist is an American so an “alien” in that country. :nerd:

Last edited:
Man Angela as a little girl couldn’t catch a break , first her parents then her grandma she met for 3 hours .

Also Petey (aka Lube Man) said one of the 7K corpses at LG crib doesn't have a mask so Wade is going back to the mall wearing a literal Rorschach mask and he's the Rorschach of the story.

Reactions: wr
I still think Lupe needs to get into screenwriting or books or something.

That be so dope if he would do a limited book series or comic book series. I believe he could do it especially with his writing abilities.

^This the dude who made Chernobyl on HBO, so of course he got the sneak peek.

I'm writing a letter to the FCC.

This is getting out of hand. :smh:

:wow: :wow: :wow: SHHHHIIIIIDDD what else could go down! I know I’m ready but I’m definitely sure I won’t be! YEEESH

Back
Top Bottom