HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx If we just talking comicbook shows in general, then yeah this is the best one out right now and there really havent been any else you could compare.

I felt differently when superhero shows were brought up cuz the Watchmen comic was about superheroes just with a specific theme.

Watchmen specifically deals with the hero/superhero confusion. Dr. Manhattan is the only superhero in Watchmen because he's the only character with superpowers. Every other costumed character is referred to as a Masked Adventurer or Masked Vigilante (after the Keene Act that outlaws Masked Adventurers who aren't employed by the government). Most of them hang it up, except Rorschach, who continues running the fade.

Watchmen specifically deals with the hero/superhero confusion. Dr. Manhattan is the only superhero in Watchmen because he's the only character with superpowers. Every other costumed character is referred to as a Masked Adventurer or Masked Vigilante (after the Keene Act that outlaws Masked Adventurers who aren't employed by the government). Most of them hang it up, except Rorschach, who continues running the fade.
There's also those who chose to work for the gov. like The Comedian.

So in the flashback when Angela was about to be killed and suddenly wakes up in the hospital room and Judd later says " I reckon you had someone looking out for you"

Her grandpa was the one that saved her life?

Oh and Sister Night whippin that Buick GN but y'all ?

Out right now as in this moment or this year? Cause if it’s this year the boys and doom patrol are up there maybe even better than watchman.

2 episodes in and I’m ready to push all my chips in on this being better than The Boys (which I loved).

I love the fact that this isn’t the retelling of an original story and we’re being forced to put this together each week. I’m beyond hooked.

Alright, cats gotta relaaax like NORE would say (with saliva all over the place). Still early to be throwing The Boys and Doom Patrol out the window. Potential is there but still early. Watchmen is the new yambs on the block but don't forget about the old ones that held you down all year.

production and acting on watchmen seems to be superior to the other series mentioned but it’s too early to tell which one is better until at least the end of the first season.

my money is on watchmen.

Umbrella Academy and the Boys were both fairly predictable tho because we knew the storylines. That’s automatically a strike against them when comparing to Watchmen.

And keep in mind, I loved both shows for the way they executed converting the comics to live-action (except for the cheap depiction of Umbrella Academy’s end and the Boys ending feeling too sudden and anti-climatic).

I just have a lot of faith in Lindelof and the way he redeemed himself w/ the Leftovers + the political/racial themes he’s attempting to tackle in Watchmen adds so much quality substance and weight to the show.

Last edited:
The themes of race, reparations, and police are probably what will have people having this as the best comic book show. Also considering it's so well done so far and we don't know what to expect and I don't think people have been able to post a bunch of spoilers. I started Doom Patrol and like it a lot so far.

Oh yeah, everybody on earthbis fooled by some satellite footage of Mars.

Dr. Manhattan potentially left the universe, definitely the solar system, to go create life of his own.

Would be cheap if he came back. He'd have to return for a reason.

Laurie is still alive which I think would be reason enough for his return. Maybe she's in trouble or near death and he comes back. Or maybe he comes back to deal with Ozymandias. Whatever he's working on in the universe, he's also aware of how short the human lifespan is, how miraculous the existence of humanity is and he does sincerely care for Laurie. I think it wouldbe lame for them not to include Dr. Manhattan in this.

Back
Top Bottom