HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

this episode was fan-****ing-tastic. i chuckled when she said "play devo" - the episode title is a nod to a devo song. the music is so good. the desmond dekker song fit in nicely. i'm loving the trent reznor sounds too.
jean smart was great in legion but she's been outstanding in this so far. those stories about the brick and then the ending of the ep :lol: perfect.

And just so we’re clear: that was Sister Night’s whip dropped from the sky right?

I’m so damn curious how her grand pops further ties all this together.

ok now im confused this takes place after ozy was successful with the squid and blamed manhattan for it? or is her joke a play on the graphic novels events?
This show is a followup to the comics not the trash *** movie.
The hot theory on the internets is that Veidt is on Mars and the Game Warden is Dr Manhattan but that doesn’t make any sense to me. (Even though it’s probably not supposed to make sense)
Wouldn't make sense since Dr. Manhattan left Mars 30 years ago to go create new life of his own.

This idea that he stayed on Mars this whole time is silly.

Yo I bangs with Lindelof as a person.
Respect how self aware he is. Doesn’t seem like he oversteps, and is willing to take a backseat when he knows he needs to. Especially considering the angle they’re taking with this. Wonder what that writing room looks like.

We assume Dr. Manhattan made life elsewhere but even he says "I think perhaps I'll create some". He's not certain himself. Also, the clip of Manhattan making a castle on Mars- that castle sort of resembles Ozymandias castle. But even so, Dr. Manhattan can replicate himself. Who's to say he's just in one spot? He's not Luke's ***** ***, who can't even send a hologram across the galaxy without catching the L.

We assume Dr. Manhattan made life elsewhere but even he says "I think perhaps I'll create some". He's not certain himself.
That seems definitive AF given the context of where the story is at and where his story arc is at and who he was talking to and about what.

watchmen.png

60a8a3af541d910df3caf52c2fb6f397.jpg

Fam left the galaxy and wants nothing to do with Earth or its ppl.

The thing is, the first panel is before his talk with Laurie on Mars and the 2nd is after. Laurie is the key to Dr. Manhattan. She convinced him to come back to Earth and convinced him that human beings are special enough to warrant his concern. I think she's going to be the key to bringing him back into the fold again.

The thing is, the first panel is before his talk with Laurie on Mars and the 2nd is after. Laurie is the key to Dr. Manhattan. She convinced him to come back to Earth and convinced him that human beings are special enough to warrant his concern. I think she's going to be the key to bringing him back into the fold again.
Maybe.

I feel he's outgrown that relationship even if he still loves her and isnt gonna be tethered by it. Dude was more than a love story by the end.

- Says it’ll take 40 seconds for Laurie’s message to reach Mars...45 seconds later she has Angela’s car dropped in front of her. Clearly a sign.
- I second that the castle Manhattan was building on Mars looks like Ozymandias current castle.
- I also assume that he’s trying to build a spacesuit to get off Mars and Manhattan, “the game warden” ain’t having it.
- There’s a theory out there that his clones are created to look exactly like Jon Osterman and Janey.

Got a feeling Will Reeves will play a part in that as well.

Also, Collider been dropping gems after every episode:
https://collider.com/watchmen-judd-crawford-kkk-hood-explained/

The only gripe I have thus far is that as someone that hasn't read any of the comics or seen the movie, I feel like I would be missing A LOT if I didn't then go read recaps and "episode explained" pieces.

That's my favorite part. The show has new characters but it's still very much part of the Watchmen universe.

Two episodes in and there’s enough mystery and weird **** to keep me interested but I feel like it’s a lot going on for the casual viewer who hasn’t read the source material.

Great episode. Loved getting more layers to the story, Manhattan more in okay, whatever the hell Irons is doing. Really great stuff so far.

super smart, strong, and wealthy dude who was AKA the crimefighter/watchman ozymandias. the plot twist of the comic was finding out that a series of horrific events were all part of veidt's plan to "save the world".
ooooh ok that is the ozy dude
ok
i wasn't sure

Back
Top Bottom