HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

i think this show is divided into 2 types of watchers
fans of the comic who like all the nuances and homages
and folks who like the show for the story
who don't pick up those nuances

I think you can watch the movie and get a good grasp about what's going on. Obviously, the movie leaves out a lot of things but it's an easier alternative to reading the comic I suppose. I recommend the comic and the movie though.

I recommend watching the motion comic before watching the show.

The movie was altered to appeal to a broader audience and leaves out a few key details the current show is built on.

its free on youtube, really good. Obviously better than the movie, original panels/dialogue and it runs almost 2 hours total.

I'm pretty sure Laurie destroyed Dr. Manhattan's crystal palace on Mars (or he let that happen) and it was in rubble by the end of their convo.

I recommend watching the motion comic before watching the show.

The movie was altered to appeal to a broader audience and leaves out a few key details the current show is built on.

its free on youtube, really good. Obviously better than the movie, original panels/dialogue and it runs almost 2 hours total.

I remember watching this :pimp: So great.

It's just the comic with like one guy doing all the voices but it is flames.

I saw this before I saw the movie and its another reason I think it's trash.

Last edited:
Bruh, when Laurie took out that big blue toy and she had that magazine :rofl:

Wondering if she is still a good fighter and hits hard like in the movie.

Anyway, the funny scenes in shows like this are great.

Also didn’t realize the butler clones is my dude Ichabod Crane from sleepy hollow.

The movie does a great job of setting the backdrop and making sense of a lot of the interpersonal relationships that the show is playing pretty heavily on. I liked the movie, probably because I didn't make it to the end before the movie dropped.

The only real difference with the movie for me was the ending, and even then it's not that big of a change.
It's still the same 'common enemy' concept, just expressed in a less absurd way.

To this day I haven't read the ending in the series of comics. Probably why I still like the movie. Little to no credit to Snyder since he really just adapted it and benefited from the work Moore and Gibbons put in setting a tone.

I guess it really depends on the person. I don't think I have a preference, but lets see how I feel after I finally read the last issue. :lol:

DIdnt notice the game warden was one of the clones on first watch. Seems like it’s a game he’s putting himself through and not held captive there by someone/something else.

Something I noticed
The male clones are actually Dr Manhattan clones pre powers not just in the play. I rewatched the episode and when the launch into space fails, the clone is blue because of the way he died but I feel like it's also wink to whom it's a clone of.

DIdnt notice the game warden was one of the clones on first watch. Seems like it’s a game he’s putting himself through and not held captive there by someone/something else.
Wasn’t he wearing a hat and a bandana covering his face? Did you pause the scene to see his face?

Yeah that wasn't shown or referenced anywhere. Would make sense though with how polite and intent on following Veidt's rules he was.

Back
Top Bottom