HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

Movie is full of early 2000s cinema cheese. Has a Sin City tone.

Last edited:
This show is everything. If they can wrap this story up nicely with a tight bow by the end and if this is truly a one of, this is on TD S1 levels of storytelling.

Episode was brilliant. I always know it’s about to be some bull**** when I see this dude face :lol:

866A8567-2756-467E-B850-2516F5452CCA.jpeg

Hell of an actor
George Remus, the Yellow King of Carcosa.
4003C8B2-4762-42A9-ACE0-39D3372AEB6F.png

Come die with me, little priest.
4003C8B2-4762-42A9-ACE0-39D3372AEB6F.png

^Yeah that's not true, they made that up to draw attention without real numbers. HBO's response:

"WATCHMEN is averaging nearly 7 million viewers to-date, making it HBO’s most-watched new series since BIG LITTLE LIES and premium cable’s most-watched new series this year. Along with EUPHORIA, another new HBO series that debuted this year, WATCHMEN is delivering one of HBO’s largest digital audiences for a freshman series since the debut of WESTWORLD in 2016. Premiere telecasts account for an increasingly smaller percentage of HBO series’ total viewing. For the debut season of EUPHORIA, Sunday premiere telecasts contributed just 8% of total viewing."

Also if you're like me you watch on the app.

Considering it’s HBO, I don’t really care if anyone watches. HBO is willing to take a hit for prestige television, especially in this era of streaming. It was like me and 7 other people watching when Leftovers ended. :lol:

^Yeah that's not true, they made that up to draw attention without real numbers. HBO's response:

"WATCHMEN is averaging nearly 7 million viewers to-date, making it HBO’s most-watched new series since BIG LITTLE LIES and premium cable’s most-watched new series this year. Along with EUPHORIA, another new HBO series that debuted this year, WATCHMEN is delivering one of HBO’s largest digital audiences for a freshman series since the debut of WESTWORLD in 2016. Premiere telecasts account for an increasingly smaller percentage of HBO series’ total viewing. For the debut season of EUPHORIA, Sunday premiere telecasts contributed just 8% of total viewing."

Also if you're like me you watch on the app.

yea I hope it’s not the case since it’s well done.. but wouldn’t shock me, just because of the subject matter

but since Rome they’ve realized and changed how they evaluate the numbers

The people will tell if it's getting around. :lol:

I think 7 heads watched The Wire live, but I coulda told you that show was rocking with people. Same with early Breaking Bad. Reminds me of early Atlanta.

I think most people are waiting til it's done to binge.

The people will tell if it's getting around. :lol:

I think 7 heads watched The Wire live, but I coulda told you that show was rocking with people. Same with early Breaking Bad. Reminds me of early Atlanta.

I think most people are waiting til it's done to binge.
98CB69EB-8104-461B-B7CB-333D99113387.png
What you know about Paper Boi, Paper Boi all about that paper boy
98CB69EB-8104-461B-B7CB-333D99113387.png

This show is INCREDIBLE. The layers, the acting, the score, building and utilizing the previous material and then presenting it in a new way. This episode was amazing. I was skeptical with the approach but it's all working.. taking an entire episode for a flashback for Hooded Justice and telling this story about race in America and then having it still connect back to the main story. I can't wait to see how this ends and then watch it again and again.

People are watching the show. It's a narrative they was perpetrating yet each week more and more people are aware of the show. They brigaded the review scores to make it seem like only critics like the show because it's woke. They claim Lindelof made WATCHMEN political (LOL), the acting is bad, the direction is bad, the MUSIC lol etc. They tried. The cream rose to the top.

Cant wait to get back to Ozy and Looking Glass.

To think they ended episode 5 with a Wade cliffhanger, and left us hanging with Veidt (after some of the most compelling stuff in his story) and I wasn’t even mad we didn’t get any clarity on that is a testament to how great that last episode was.

After 5 I said that was the best episode yet, then the same after 6. I can see it getting better tonight with everything that needs to be revisited.

Back
Top Bottom