HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

1C03AC5E-B5CF-4DCA-89EB-D9E9AD737370.gif

Also someone called it.. the message said “save me daughter”...
Yeah but someone had a great question to it which is why all that effort to spell out daughter? Which turns out to be the crux of it. I couldn't see that meaning anything more than a message then it turned out to mean so much.

Lady Trieu's evil intelligence and power and gravitas she had made my **** hard.

One thing I loved was the family/inheritance theme. Essentially, all this is about passing down and inheritance.

With Tru and YNS Ozy....initially she wanted financial inheritance. He denied her of that. But she got it on her own. What she wanted next to the power...was to build upon the work of her father. Who she clearly looked up to. Her being visibility childlike upset, pouting and throwing a tantrum when Dr Manhattan zapped Ozy away was her being pissed her father couldn’t see her succeed.

Senator Keene having his father wheeled in was also a nod at this. Great writing.

I think Adrian Veidt crashing back on Earth is what Lady Trieu bought the land from that family for. I feel like it was a flashforward not a flashback. Because she told Angela that her father would join them soon. So it's happening at the same time as next episode.
Unless he did crash on the land, it was a flashback and he's in the statue they keep showing.
I might be overthinking this.
Sorta called it.
I'm absolutely fine with it ending like that.
Also it's hinting at Topher following the family tradition :pimp: :pimp:

U know
These cliffhangers be getting on my nerves
Specially when they be taking like 2 years
For the comeback

One thing I gotta call bull **** on.

The whole where you going Adrian, you killed millions of ppl. Oh and Looking Glass has evidence to prove it too. Oh well if you arrest me guess you'll have to arrest the president too. Okay, guess the FBI will.

Man cut it out. I feel like Lindelof added that thinking the viewers needed to see the (other) bad guy face "justice". That's where I feel Irons' Ozy portrayal came off too arrogant and at the same time defeated. Constantly referring to how he saved the world. The depiction of him is his master plan succeeded and he spent the next 20 years resting on his laurels while keeping the same gag going. Came off like he gave up when he was so open to Jon's Europa "paradise".

Watchmen Ozy was way more sure of himself and deluded about being right and having endless schemes to always win. He would've never made that vid explaining everything to Redford. Never would've had conflict dealing with that administration let alone take no for an answer. He would've just been running the country as a puppet master.

Also Watchmen's America is so ****ed up and corrupt in someways that a trial for Ozy for mass murder just would not fly. Literally the American gov. would not let it happen. Looking Glass and Blake will be killed trying to see that through. Ozy wouldn't even have to do anything.

It ended on a sort of cliffhanger similar to how the comic ended. In the comic, you know the right wing publication has a copy of Rorscach's journal but you don't know if they're going to read it and publish it.

One thing I gotta call bull **** on.

The whole where you going Adrian, you killed millions of ppl. Oh and Looking Glass has evidence to prove it too. Oh well if you arrest me guess you'll have to arrest the president too. Okay, guess the FBI will.

Man cut it out. I feel like Lindelof added that thinking the viewers needed to see the (other) bad guy face "justice". That's where I feel Irons' Ozy portrayal came off too arrogant and at the same time defeated. Constantly referring to how he saved the world. The depiction of him is his master plan succeeded and he spent the next 20 years resting on his laurels while keeping the same gag going. Came off like he gave up when he was so open to Jon's Europa "paradise".

Watchmen Ozy was way more sure of himself and deluded about being right and having endless schemes to always win. He would've never made that vid explaining everything to Redford. Never would've had conflict dealing with that administration let alone take no for an answer. He would've just been running the country as a puppet master.

Also Watchmen's America is so ****ed up and corrupt in someways that a trial for Ozy for mass murder just would not fly. Literally the American gov. would not let it happen. Looking Glass and Blake will be killed trying to see that through. Ozy wouldn't even have to do anything.

Yeah I took those govt shots as more shots against our current govt.

Even the entire plot with Cyclops and them in government.

When OZY was talking to the the owner of the news stand and he was upset no one cared where he was. Hilarious.

At the end Agent Blake straight up tells him after he takes credit for saving the world twice “you keep saying the world gonna end but it doesn’t happen”.

The irony too of him destroying his own daughter is she is just like him. He was saying all these thing about her but it was like “dude it could be yourself”.

I have mixed feelings about the finale. I feel slightly underwhelmed but I was expecting to be blown away so maybe my expectations were too high. This excerpt from The Ringer kinda stood out, as I have similar thoughts:

For all the meticulous effort the show put into weaving an intricate web of mystery, the “vast and insidious conspiracy” ultimately proved to be more hollow as the show rushed toward the finish line.

I also took the whole the FBI's gonna arrest the president too as a mention of our current situation too.
Adrian said Lady Trieu would be evil because she's narcissistic etc and he said it takes one to know one. So he was self aware that she was like him. Also I thought LG was gonna off him.

I can catch this blindly without any prior knowledge to the comics/movie, right? Reading on Twitter the finale was a masterpiece :nerd: .

I can catch this blindly without any prior knowledge to the comics/movie, right? Reading on Twitter the finale was a masterpiece :nerd: .

did you see the movie?

you can get away with reading the plots.. or getting who exactly dr Manhattan is and his story and then just little aspects of ozymandias

it’s cool to get who the OG minute were and how they add some depth to aspects of those things

did you see the movie?

you can get away with reading the plots.. or getting who exactly dr Manhattan is and his story and then just little aspects of ozymandias

it’s cool to get who the OG minute were and how they add some depth to aspects of those things

Haven't seen the movie either.

Back
Top Bottom