HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

whats a good cleaner for my Samsung LCD HDTV 2007 40"? The monster screen cleaner left some streaks on my tv I think. sigh any help?

Try using iClean. I bought mine from an Apple store, and they work on most display types.

33f2581ea1aee8775e49ca831bfa1ca1c224259.jpg

I bought a cheap $!% Vizio 32" LCD for the extra room that my daughter will use this summer
after lookin at it, I would never buy Vizio for everyday use or for the Living room or Den.
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

^ u bought the old models thats why...the new vizios are crackk imo

word, I bought this site unseen. I didnt even realize there were 'better" vizios.
I'd still do good with my panny, Lg and sammy as my main viewing HDTVs

*edit, sorry about the S/N seems my BB as my Gunna Get it

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Not yet. Well I haven't been in a while lol, but if I'm at one in the near future I'll update you.

Cool. Ive personally saw them about 2 months ago, and i know now, they are finally at stores. I just want to know what others think before i put my2cents up.

im trying to cop a new 65 inch for the living room. should i wait a few months as i assume they'll drop in price because of the new led tvs?
also, what brands make a 65 inch lcd or bigger? i search but only find a couple. i expected more

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

im trying to cop a new 65 inch for the living room. should i wait a few months as i assume they'll drop in price because of the new led tvs?
also, what brands make a 65 inch lcd or bigger? i search but only find a couple. i expected more
Well, right now is the time that the summer models are beginning to release..so that means a great deal on a closeout models! Also, Plasmais cheaper in the larger sizes..but again be on the look out for closeout items in both technologys'. Then there is always DLP, its not the future but theysure are cheap if you can still find any.

frys currently has 46" 8 series slim LCD on sale for around $1400..I was wondering should I get it or wait till LEDs drop in price?

Originally Posted by BgL2687

frys currently has 46" 8 series slim LCD on sale for around $1400..I was wondering should I get it or wait till LEDs drop in price?

DO you need or want a new TV?

Originally Posted by MHT214

If you're in the market to buy a tv this year thats one of the better prices you're gonna find, if you wait till next year, the LED'swill have dropped to the 1600-1700 range prolly at frys once they go on clearance.

laugh.gif
just want..I have a 32 inch in my bedroom and feel itstoo small because when I watch sports I can't see nothin. If I sit at the top of my bed I'm like 14 feet away from my TV so I wanted to upgrade.

Well, right now is the time that the summer models are beginning to release..so that means a great deal on a closeout models! Also, Plasma is cheaper in the larger sizes..but again be on the look out for closeout items in both technologys'. Then there is always DLP, its not the future but they sure are cheap if you can still find any.
i saw a dlp 73"...but im
grin.gif
about dlp

Well, right now is the time that the summer models are beginning to release..so that means a great deal on a closeout models! Also, Plasma is cheaper in the larger sizes..but again be on the look out for closeout items in both technologys'. Then there is always DLP, its not the future but they sure are cheap if you can still find any.
i saw a dlp 73"...but im
grin.gif
about dlp
If you're not feeling DLP's, Sharp is the only company that makes a 65" LCD that I can think of off the top of my head. Panasonicmakes a 65" plasma (I got the 65PZ850u, last year's model). Samsung makes a 63" plasma... can't think of any other companies at this momentw/ >60" TV that is in an affordable price range.

Panasonic is releasing a couple 65" plasma's in a couple months from their V10 and S1 lines I believe.

But like MHT said, look for closeout prices on last year's models. At this size range, Plasma's are a much better buy and what I would recommend ifyou want a > 60" TV.

laugh.gif
just want..I have a 32 inch in my bedroom and feel its too small because when I watch sports I can't see nothin. If I sit at the top of my bed I'm like 14 feet away from my TV so I wanted to upgrade.
lol... you're definitely too far away from your TV or need a bigger one... I sit around the same distance away (~ 13 ft.) and I have a65" plasma and I still want to move up 2 ft....
laugh.gif

dlps are actually the best picture but the size is what kills them. Led's are still new and the technology isn't perfected so I would recommend peopleto wait till the next years models come out before buying one.

laugh.gif
just want..I have a 32 inch in my bedroom and feel its too small because when I watch sports I can't see nothin. If I sit at the top of my bed I'm like 14 feet away from my TV so I wanted to upgrade.

Well then yea, if you have disposable $$ and want to allocate it towards this, sounds like a great bang for the buck.

To: nYcHipHopHippo

The Pioneer Elite that you chose will indeed power the particular speakers your looking at. One thing to know though;
1. Good luck finding the reciever at the store. That reciever is discontinued and is now in limited quantities.
2. If your in no real hurry, then wait, BBY should be recieving all the new 10' recievers that will be well priced. Although, this is a great time topurchase a discontinued item for a good price.
3. Wire the room with good speaker wire.

taken from my thread (http://niketalk.com/topic/182650)
ok i'm not a complete noob with audio, but i'm far from an expert. I brought up the idea of doing a surround sound set up to my dad today and he told me he's actually been wanting to do it for a while now and i want to put a system together.

so without taking anything besides the actual speakers into consideration (forget about any other components,) how do i determine if the receiver that i purchase makes sense for the set up that i'm looking to get?

and hypothetically...

say i was to do a speaker set up of...

2 Definitive Floor Standing Speakers as my front left and right
Definitive Center
Definitive Pro Monitors as the rears
Def Tech Prosub

Just by going from a gut feeling i picked this receiver http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...eiver&lp=9&type=product&cp=1&id=1210290067422

good choice? bad choice? feel free to correct anything you see thats wrong/dumb about the setup in addition to helping with the OG question of how i would go about picking a receiver for ANY set of speakers.

Thanks in advance for any help
happy.gif

MHT thanks for the help. I'm looking to buy it from bby since I do work there. I just started a few weeks ago so i'm not familiar with exactly how thediscounts work on each brand so I just put this system together to mess around although if the numbers do come out nice after the discounts then I may actuallyjust get it. I'm positive that the store I work at has this receiver in.

A few more questions.

Would the promonitor800 work just as well for rears as the promonitor1000s would?
Is there a receiver that is not as pricey that would still work well with that speaker set up I put together there?
And back to the original question, how do I determine if a receiver is powerful enough and would work well with a speaker set up?

To: nYcHipHopHippo

Congratulations on getting the job. BBY can be a good company to work for......basically you will recieve your discount 30 days after the dateof hire; atleast thats the last i remember it being. Again, i suggest you wait for the inventory to be recieved at your particular store. And i would focus myattention towards a Denon instead of the Pioneer....but it is personal preference. And no expect to spend about $900+(retail value) for a good reciever thatwill complement those speakers. And yes you can use the Promon800's instead. How big is the room by the way? Also i honestly dont want to go into how youdetermine what reciever goes to what speakers...ill be here all night, i aint trying to blog. But its about amp's, not watts...

ahhh EFF yuku i just typed up a lot and my post didnt go through ><

ok basically the room is not big at all. it's 12x15 feet if i had to take a guess, but it connects very openly to two other rooms as well which are justabout the same in size and the system will be used to play music in those rooms as well and will be able to do so because of how open the space is. i'mpositive that instead of floor standing speakers, i can just do a pair of larger bookshelf speakers as fronts instead and it'll be able to do the job. butif my dads willing to do the floor standings then im not going to stop him (unless for some reason i learn that its not a good idea.)

edit: and if it matters, we're mostly going to be watching sports on it and having my 360 played on it. movies are going to be mostly action and comedy.music is going to be hip hop and dance (like you would hear in a club)

Back
Top Bottom