HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Originally Posted by no vert

Somebody school me on 120hz. Was walking down the lcd tv wall at Walmart last night,when all of a sudden this scene in the Transformers jumped out at me. Now of course the same scene was on every tv,this is why it caught my eye. It was a Vizo 55 inch 120 hz. Compared to the rest of the tv's the 120 hz looked like live tv blew my mind. School a brother.

120hz looks fake as hell to me. It seems like the background doesn't look natural in movies. But do you, sports are probably much better in 120hz. plasma!
Fixed
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Minister

damn now i have two 52" samsungs. got one for free off insurance. i don't know if i should keep them both or sell one.

nerd.gif

Sup fellas.

Quick question: I've mounted my TV on the wall before, but can anyone suggest / point me in the right direction to something that would help hide thewires.

I know I can put them in the wall, but I'd rather skip that process and maybe if someone knows a good wire pipe type thing and I can paint it my wallcolor, or any other suggestions?

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Originally Posted by no vert

Somebody school me on 120hz. Was walking down the lcd tv wall at Walmart last night,when all of a sudden this scene in the Transformers jumped out at me. Now of course the same scene was on every tv,this is why it caught my eye. It was a Vizo 55 inch 120 hz. Compared to the rest of the tv's the 120 hz looked like live tv blew my mind. School a brother.

120hz looks fake as hell to me. It seems like the background doesn't look natural in movies. But do you, sports are probably much better in 120hz. plasma!
Fixed
pimp.gif

Thanks dude.

I'm looking for something cheap for my dorm
Right now I'm stuck between a 1080 19 inch for 179.99 and some other tvs that are 720p, a 22inch set and a 26 inch both past $200?
Is there a bi difference between 22 - 19 or 26 - 19?
Cuz I'm leaning toward a bigger set but I'm kinda cheap..
I just want something to complement a PS3.
And will an HDMI cord enhance the visual that much more?

So does anyone regret not getting a 120hz TV? I am on the verge of getting a 37" Samsung for $809 and everything seems on point but except for that. Ifigure I am not going to really utilize HD right now since I don't plan on getting a Blueray and I am not into gaming but I know in the long run, I wouldget a Blueray. I was at Bestbuy looking at the comparison from 120hz to 60hz and I honestly could barely tell.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

So does anyone regret not getting a 120hz TV? I am on the verge of getting a 37" Samsung for $809 and everything seems on point but except for that. I figure I am not going to really utilize HD right now since I don't plan on getting a Blueray and I am not into gaming but I know in the long run, I would get a Blueray. I was at Bestbuy looking at the comparison from 120hz to 60hz and I honestly could barely tell.

120hz gonna be the standard within a year or two i believe...and yes! u can tell ...especially high speed scenes or sports

^^^^Right on dude. I guess I am glad I didn't buy it yet. I guess I'll fork over a little more dough and get the 37" with the 120hz on it. Seemsdumb though cause it costs $1149 to get a 37" and just a couple of bucks more to get a 40"....but I can't fit that in my studio.

Anyone see those LED HDTVs? Super sick! Wish i could get the 40" one.

Anyone want to school me on DVD Player with HD Upconversion. Are they really worth it and do they actually make standard DVD players look better on HD TVs? Idon't plan on getting a Blu-Ray and I was going to just play DVDs on my PS2 but is this worth the buy and more important, will I tell that it looks better?Thanks!

So does anyone regret not getting a 120hz TV? I am on the verge of getting a 37" Samsung for $809 and everything seems on point but except for that. I figure I am not going to really utilize HD right now since I don't plan on getting a Blueray and I am not into gaming but I know in the long run, I would get a Blueray. I was at Bestbuy looking at the comparison from 120hz to 60hz and I honestly could barely tell.
Are you in SoCal? I got a 40" Samsung 120hz brand new in the box for $899

Edit: oh and truth be told. The price warrants just getting a ps3 now instead of an upconverting player or stand alone blu ray.

I just purchased a Panasonic 720p plasma the TP42X1. I was going to get the samsung 720P plasma but this one has more features and wqas cheaper. The picture isamazing. Does anyone have this tv and what is your experience with it? I havent opened it yet so still debating.

Originally Posted by taz92

I just purchased a Panasonic 720p plasma the TP42X1. I was going to get the samsung 720P plasma but this one has more features and wqas cheaper. The picture is amazing. Does anyone have this tv and what is your experience with it? I havent opened it yet so still debating.
My friend has last years PX80 (the equivalent model) and he loves it. I've sold a lot of the X1's since their affordable and give you anawesome picture. Just be careful when playing games on it.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

So does anyone regret not getting a 120hz TV? I am on the verge of getting a 37" Samsung for $809 and everything seems on point but except for that. I
figure I am not going to really utilize HD right now since I don't plan on getting a Blueray and I am not into gaming but I know in the long run, I would
get a Blueray. I was at Bestbuy looking at the comparison from 120hz to 60hz and I honestly could barely tell.
Are you in SoCal? I got a 40" Samsung 120hz brand new in the box for $899

Edit: oh and truth be told. The price warrants just getting a ps3 now instead of an upconverting player or stand alone blu ray.

Well those upconverters are less then a $100 and I don't want to get a Blu-Ray cause I honestly can't afford buying Blu-Ray disc and I jsut want toutilize by DVDs that I have bought over the year.

And I am in Nor Cal. Where did you get a 40" for $899? As of right now, Bestbuy is selling it for $999 for 1080p and 120hz.

OGMiKEY, what can happen when u play games on it? I just bought an OG ps3 to play blu-rays and games also. Is there something I need to watch out forspecifically? Please do tell. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom