HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I just purchased the Sony KDL46HX800 my Best Buy had it on sale for $1199.99 normally $2499.99 I originally went to the store for the Samsung UN46C6300 now I have to figure out if I should wall mount or not and if I should get the 3d blu ray player for $200 or spend $300 and get a PS3 oh and what to do about a sound system anyways very useful thread
are you prepared to buy a 500 replacement bulb in a 2 years?
ohwell.gif

School me/put me on...I did tons of research and maybe I missed this

Is there anything I can do to make the current bulb I have last longer I'm at school/work most of the day so I usually watch tv for a couple hours a day and I'm worried because me room is extremely hot will that do damage to the tv

Don't listen to this dude he is a samsung owner.......they hate on sonys because they can't afford them........ I an HX820 and I love it and XBR9 which I have had for 3 years and going strong

Picked up a LG 55LW5600 from Amazon a couple weeks back.  For the price I got it at and all the perks the tv has, I thought it to be a great deal! 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

are you prepared to buy a 500 replacement bulb in a 2 years?
ohwell.gif

School me/put me on...I did tons of research and maybe I missed this

Is there anything I can do to make the current bulb I have last longer I'm at school/work most of the day so I usually watch tv for a couple hours a day and I'm worried because me room is extremely hot will that do damage to the tv

Don't listen to this dude he is a samsung owner.......they hate on sonys because they can't afford them........ I an HX820 and I love it and XBR9 which I have had for 3 years and going strong
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Yup, we samsung owners can't afford to buy garbage. Sony is complete waste of money. Utter garbage. 

Is there anything that can take my antenna signal from the wall and be able to use a hdmi cable to get that signal for a clearer picture?

Let me get this straight, all i need is an hdmi cable to connect it from my laptop to my tv? Which kind of hdmi cable do i need because im checking monoprice, and they have vgi, etc.

BUMP.

Can anybody point me in the direction of a nice wire organizer for my entertainment center???

Its glass and is open in the back with no backing on it. Just looking for something to keep it clean back there. Thanks.

what are the best sites to sell brand new electronic equipment?
I have extra stuff I need to let go, brand new and unopened in their box.

[h1]Harman Kardon BDS 5 SO 5.1 Channel Blu-ray Home Theater Receiver[/h1]

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...on_BDS_5_SO_120_BDS_5_SO_120_5_1_Channel.html

[h1]BIC PL-200 Acoustech Platinum Series Subwoofer[/h1]

Amazon product ASIN B001W3FXAQ
I'm trying to sell them quickly so the price will be very cheap, wanted to know if you guys recommend any other sites.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Let me get this straight, all i need is an hdmi cable to connect it from my laptop to my tv? Which kind of hdmi cable do i need because im checking monoprice, and they have vgi, etc.
Do you have an HDMI output on the your laptop? If so then get any of the hdmi cables they have.  Otherwise, just click on the tech support chat and ask them.

i am in the market for an entry level home theatre system, and am in need of some guidance as i have not much experience in this department.

i have done very minimal research and still have some questions...

1. is it better to get a good receiver/moderate speakers, or vice versa?

2. should i just say @#*@ it and go with a HTIB ( home theate in a box )?

2a. if so, what would you recommend? what are some good entry level brands?

i have been looking at this for quite some time: http://www.amazon.com/Yam...F8&qid=1324273900&sr=8-1, what do you guys think??

remember, im only looking for entry level, nothing too crazy and my budget is around $500, but may be possible to push a lil higher if its right.

Originally Posted by trublu86

Picked up a LG 55LW5600 from Amazon a couple weeks back.  For the price I got it at and all the perks the tv has, I thought it to be a great deal! 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

yo i was looking into this tv how is it?

Originally Posted by SDTEKKEN

My humble set up. Still deciding on a center channel but so far Im liking it a lot.
photouu.jpg

nice thin-bezeled tv
pimp.gif

whats up with the speaker grill though

Originally Posted by The Minister

Originally Posted by trublu86

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

yo i was looking into this tv how is it?
I've had the tv for about 3 months now and the picture is great!  No issues at all.  You have to tweak with the color settings a bit though as it comes super bright from the factory settings.  The 3D I see as a plus, but compared to active 3D I see no difference in picture quality.  The glasses are much much cheaper.  It also comes with a usb adaptor for wifi.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

My humble set up. Still deciding on a center channel but so far Im liking it a lot.
photouu.jpg

nice thin-bezeled tv
pimp.gif

They're electrostatic panels. The brand is Martin Logan

Originally Posted by Based Mod

photouu.jpg

nice thin-bezeled tv
pimp.gif

They're electrostatic panels. The brand is Martin Logan

$3k retail
sick.gif

hope you got it for ~1k.  thats what it is on amazon

Originally Posted by The Minister

is the difference between 120hz and 240hz that big? im a noob when it comes to TV's .
Not much of a difference aside from the price. Save your money and stick with the 120hz.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Anyone actually bought HDMI cables from Monoprice?

I need to get a 20 ft HDMI to run from my PC to my Yamaha... They got em for like $18.

They're good to go. I also have wall mounts from them and their pretty good too.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I need to get a 20 ft HDMI to run from my PC to my Yamaha... They got em for like $18.

All my cables are from Monoprice.  No complaints.

Back
Top Bottom