HDTV's No Romo how big is yours? VOL olevia 32" inch

Bought a 40 in. like a year ago... But TV's are dumb cheap now so I'll prolly be getting that 50in. real soon.

Bought a 40 in. like a year ago... But TV's are dumb cheap now so I'll prolly be getting that 50in. real soon.

26" vizio in my room
pimp.gif

/thread

Originally Posted by bijald0331

55 in Sony LCD 1080i w Pioneer surround sound built into the ceiling
48 in Samsung LCD 1080p. Mounted on a wall in the basement.
32 in Vizio LCD 1080p
21 Westinghouse LCD (used it for college as 2nd monitor/game hookup/cable hookup)

Yea, my house is bomb and I miss it right now.
is that your house or the Parents house?

if its your house (or even if you had a say in how your parents set it up) can i ask why you decided to ceiling mount your speakers?

I am currently trying to decide how I want to setup my sound in the living room.  The person that lived here before me wired in ceiling mounting outlets in the 4 corners of the room.  I'm OK with putting my rear speakers on the ceiling and have them point down, but for my front speakers and center channel, I'm afraid that I am going to get poor sound if its coming from the ceiling on down as opposed to if it was eye level.  Not that I am an audiophile or anything, but do you notice and sound degradation compared to when you are in a room with a properly configured surround sound system with front speakers coming from eye level?

My current setup:
52" Sony Bravia Z-series 240hz/1080p mounted above the fireplace in the living room
42" Sharp Acquos D64 series 60hz/1080P mounted on the wall in the kitchen/bar
40" Panasonic (not sure model) 120hz/1080p mounted on the wall in the bedroom
19" Samsung 60hz/720p in the guest bedroom

I hardly if ever have guests over, and usually if I do its only my boys who are too drunk to drive home so I dont really even need that 19" in there.  I am having a contractor come in to do some electrical work so I am going to have hm run some cables in my bathroom on the wall above my tub so I can mount that 19" there. 

Yes.  I LOVE TV.  My wife thinks I'm crazy that we have 4 flatscreens for 2 people.  I gotta ease her into the idea of getting a couple more 19" screens to mount in my other bathrooms.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

55 in Sony LCD 1080i w Pioneer surround sound built into the ceiling
48 in Samsung LCD 1080p. Mounted on a wall in the basement.
32 in Vizio LCD 1080p
21 Westinghouse LCD (used it for college as 2nd monitor/game hookup/cable hookup)

Yea, my house is bomb and I miss it right now.
is that your house or the Parents house?

if its your house (or even if you had a say in how your parents set it up) can i ask why you decided to ceiling mount your speakers?

I am currently trying to decide how I want to setup my sound in the living room.  The person that lived here before me wired in ceiling mounting outlets in the 4 corners of the room.  I'm OK with putting my rear speakers on the ceiling and have them point down, but for my front speakers and center channel, I'm afraid that I am going to get poor sound if its coming from the ceiling on down as opposed to if it was eye level.  Not that I am an audiophile or anything, but do you notice and sound degradation compared to when you are in a room with a properly configured surround sound system with front speakers coming from eye level?

My current setup:
52" Sony Bravia Z-series 240hz/1080p mounted above the fireplace in the living room
42" Sharp Acquos D64 series 60hz/1080P mounted on the wall in the kitchen/bar
40" Panasonic (not sure model) 120hz/1080p mounted on the wall in the bedroom
19" Samsung 60hz/720p in the guest bedroom

I hardly if ever have guests over, and usually if I do its only my boys who are too drunk to drive home so I dont really even need that 19" in there.  I am having a contractor come in to do some electrical work so I am going to have hm run some cables in my bathroom on the wall above my tub so I can mount that 19" there. 

Yes.  I LOVE TV.  My wife thinks I'm crazy that we have 4 flatscreens for 2 people.  I gotta ease her into the idea of getting a couple more 19" screens to mount in my other bathrooms.

46"Samsung 6 Series. 1080p with 80,000:1 contrast ratio. If I ever move to a 1 bedroom apartment, this will go in the bedroom and I would get a 60".

46"Samsung 6 Series. 1080p with 80,000:1 contrast ratio. If I ever move to a 1 bedroom apartment, this will go in the bedroom and I would get a 60".

Back
Top Bottom