Headphone Connoisseurs do enter....Vol. big bucks on ear candy

why pay so much for headphones if the source sucks. I can't understand how people pay 200+ for beats to use on their ipods when the ipods output sucks. Itslike buying 1000 home speakers and a 100 receever.

Sennheiser or Shure. Sennheiser is more for the regular person as their stuff is great and moderately priced. Check amazon for some of their stuff. Shure isfor the high end consumer. Beats are overrated IMO. So is Bose.

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

sony mdr-v700dj are my favorites been using them for so long and still continue too. amazing sound and real comfortable.if you listen to music for long periods of time, these are for you.
as far as style this are bacially what I have but I got my joints taped up at the part where the earphone swivels cuz my #+%+ cracked then broke, and yea they are most comfortable headphones i've used...... mdr-v700dj sound better the the mdr-z500?
hellz yeah, way louder and more crisp. i was messing with the equalizer on my ipod and if you set the EQ on your ipod to spoken word...
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

ipods aren't strong enough to drive headphones. whatever you purchase is gonna like sound crap.

just copped the ones you recommended. Are those the ones you have?

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

why pay so much for headphones if the source sucks. I can't understand how people pay 200+ for beats to use on their ipods when the ipods output sucks. Its like buying 1000 home speakers and a 100 receever.

Because they don't know any better, cant blame them really.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

ipods aren't strong enough to drive headphones. whatever you purchase is gonna like sound crap.

just copped the ones you recommended. Are those the ones you have?
Had...upgraded to something else. it was my first iem, though...still love em to death
happy.gif

Pick these up for better isolation http://www.complyfoam.com...00-/Model/AH%7B48%7DC551

mr monday night, what do you have?

OP, if your files are encoded at 128kbps, idk if its worth it to get a good pair of headphones, but look at senn hd25, denon, shure, AT, beyerdynamic, grado.
headphones are bulky for portable use though. and are more inefficient => less battery life on your ipod.mp3player

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

why pay so much for headphones if the source sucks. I can't understand how people pay 200+ for beats to use on their ipods when the ipods output sucks. Its like buying 1000 home speakers and a 100 receever.

What MP3 Player has good output? Zune?

I wanted to cop those but it's too much work getting the molds and such.

yeah, luckily i lived real close to their office, so i just drove there and got them done free. Daytona500, cowon and iriver have great sound quality unamped.

I can vouch for the Zune, I have some 30 dollar skull candie over the ear headphones that sound like poop on my ipod but sound much better on my Zune

to get the best quality sound you need to

-high quality uncompressed music (.wav files 1411kbps)
-good headphones (like shure se530s or custom ultimate ears ue-11 pro)
-high capacity ipod (to hold the music)
-dock connector that taps into the audio line out of the ipod (the straight untouched audio signal)
-portable headphone amp (to bypass the ipod's amp which is not audiophile grade, weak and designed to conserve energy)

example: (not my pic)

b9f69i.jpg

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

to get the best quality sound you need to

-high quality uncompressed music (.wav files 1411kbps)
-good headphones (like shure se530s or custom ultimate ears ue-11 pro)
-high capacity ipod (to hold the music)
-dock connector that taps into the audio line out of the ipod (the straight untouched audio signal)
-portable headphone amp (to bypass the ipod's amp which is not audiophile grade, weak and designed to conserve energy)

example: (not my pic)

b9f69i.jpg

yes. i had a set up like this, but its a pain to bring it around. the increase in quality isnt worth it imo. so now i have a pair of livewires running unampedfrom my D2. and btw, if you get an ipod its soo much more expensive to get good sound out of it. and WAV. is unnecessary, flac level 5 is better
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

What MP3 Player has good output? Zune?
http://mp3-players.toptenreviews.com/flash-drive/

^ thats a bit much for my taste. love to hear more options, didn't like the previous shures (hell used them once and packed them away, not even sure wherethey are). I was planning on getting beats in a couple months, but cna be swayed away through this thread.

So to get the best sound out of my iPod I have to lug around all that extra crap?
To get the most/best, yes. You don't need it for a quality sound by any means.

I've been rocking the Sony MDR-NC60 for a few months now and I love them compared to my Bose and MC40's. I love the over the ear style than on earstyle so that might be one of the main reasons, but that sound is SO BEAUTIFUL.
pimp.gif

My dad has had a few pair of the Bose noise-canceling ones, but my Logitech noise-canceling ones were like half the price and do almost the same job...I'ddefinitely recommend them.

You're good with some decent iems and high quality music.

I think currently all my music is 128kbs....is their a higher streamrate then this? If so, how difficult would it be to convert about a few gigs? (7-
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom