Help Car is total lost.

Accident on 2-14-13, minor in the back , not my fault

Got into another on 4-17-13, the girl ran a red light the car is total loss.

Her insurance sucks and has a 10,000 cap
Now the insurance is going to pay the bank what my dad owes 10,800
My gap insurance will pay for the rest.
They are going to take my car,
I wanted to keep it and fix it but I read it wouldn't be insured

But now I dont have a car, so what do I do.
My car is worth 11,000(malibu)

Her insurance agent told me I have to buy a new car.

Who can I sue?

first and foremost how are u feeling?

dont worry bout money. iill take care of you :wow:

Wait, I don't see **** about what your insurance's stance is. (not gap)

Last edited:
I'm almost positive you can buy the car from the insurance company once its been totaled.

I don't get it - you want more than what the car is worth? It sounds like they're just gong to pay off the car note, which coincidentally is the same as what the car is worth?

You might just be able to keep the money from the 2/14 accident. Tell the other party's insurance to just cut you a check for the cost of damage.

Last edited:
I'm almost positive you can buy the car from the insurance company once its been totaled.

My lawyer said that if it is total loss they are going to track the vin number and when they do that, no one can insure it and it will have issues with registration.But my mom has a friend who bought it back with no issue.

I have progressive, I dont have collision coverage.
They are paying off the car, but what do i do about getting a car?
It seems unfair to pay off my car , then take it and leave me car-less
The first accident only hit my bumper they already gave me the check for $500.

Im going to nag my insurance to nag them, because I need a car
They should pay the bank and give me money to buy another car.

i wouldnt want the car back if i were you. they're gonna issue you "salvage" title and you'll never be able to sell it in the future

Last edited:

My lawyer said that if it is total loss they are going to track the vin number and when they do that, no one can insure it and it will have issues with registration.But my mom has a friend who bought it back with no issue.

The insurance company is doing you a favor by paying off your car and you want them to give you a new car on top of that? Unfortunately, that's not how it works. It's up to you now to find a new car and purchase. You can hound your insurance all you would like, but I doubt if it changes anything.

I'm pretty sure the only way you'd get a check for a totaled car is if you owned it with the title in your name. Besides a totaled car does not hold any value, factory warranties/recalls usually aren't honored, and no one wants to buy a car with a salvaged title.

You're basically starting over again with a clean slate. Go to a dealership find a new whip and start the process over again.

your insurance should have nothing to do with this.

If its their fault, tell their insurance they can take that 10k cap and shove it. NO MONEY comes out of your pocket. They either pay off your car and you walk away or they pay off your car and you sue for bodily harm.

you're not getting a free car out of the deal though.

How are they doing me a favor?
Their insurer ruined my car and possibly my back.
Favor lol

I dont want a new car, but at least some money to buy a used car.
Or at least let me keep it, and do the whole salvage title and repair it.

idc no more

#buslife

ok lets break it down...

1.) its a total LOSS
2.) Thats NOT how insurance works.
3.) the ONLY way you can get MORE money is if you sue for bodily harm which means you need to go to the ER and get a diagnosis, which you didn't. You still CAN, but that would require to get off the internet. You still have to show that the harm has caused harm to your daily life. this will take possibly several YEARS to settle. Good luck with that.

Stop *itching and go buy a new car.

Last edited:
I was almost on the same boat..

Girl.. No license.. Rear ends me But only my number n trunk got dented.. Her X5 was smashed up..

Geico (her dads insurance) was trying to tell me its a total loss.. Im like huh? It's got a dent and a crack how is that a loss..

My car is 10yrs old.. So they wanted to pay me and keep it moving.. If they deemed it a total loss.. I can leave them the car and receive the full amount of wa ever the check was gonna be OR take it with me and they would deduct salvage auto auction price... Basically buying my car back.

Luckily they are fixing it. So im sorts happy

How are they doing me a favor?
Their insurer ruined my car and possibly my back.
Favor lol

I dont want a new car, but at least some money to buy a used car.
Or at least let me keep it, and do the whole salvage title and repair it.

idc no more

#buslife

You essentially want them to pay for two cars. What's left on your note and a new (used) one.

That's not gonna happen boo boo.

why you mad?

I have a lawyer for my injures, I have been going to the chiropractor everyday.
I am on the internet (at work) for advice.

w/e I said I dont care anymore.

Thanks everyone.

why you mad?

I have a lawyer for my injures, I have been going to the chiropractor everyday.
I am on the internet (at work) for advice.

w/e I said I dont care anymore.

Thanks everyone.

I'm mad because you're essentially looking to scam the system which in turns RAISES MY INSURANCE AND EVERYONE ELSES. You're most likely NOT hurt and are looking to get a deal because you were inconvenienced. BOO HOO. No sympathy here.

wat?!  they paid off your car already.  you don't owe anything for that car, otherwise you'd really be up ish creek.  you want them to now buy you another car?  that's not how insurance works 
laugh.gif

I was talking to steivie.

I disregarded that Malibu comment.
I know people who would kill for an 09 Malibu.

Honestly I'm just fortunate to have(had) a car.

Dont care for "names" its all just a bunch of metal.

I'm mad because you're essentially looking to scam the system which in turns RAISES MY INSURANCE AND EVERYONE ELSES. You're most likely NOT hurt and are looking to get a deal because you were inconvenienced. BOO HOO. No sympathy here.

I dont want your sympathy.

I got into two accidents in two months and you think Im not hurt. ok

Thanks for the advice

You're getting your car paid off and now you want them to spend an extra 10-20k on a new car for you?

Where they do that at?

Back
Top Bottom