HELP!!! I Need Some Advice Pronto (Car Related)

What it do NT? I just purchased a certified Honda last month from the Honda dealership. I was going to make a 4k down payment but they forgot to charge me that day. I left the dealership with the car, even came back to drop it off to get the exterior and interior cleaned and waxed and what not. They even gave me a loaner to hold for about a week.

Well about a month has passed and they just called asking if I could bring in my bank statement because they remember I didn't have cash and that I was trying to use my debit card to make the down payment. The finance dept rep said he'd throw in a free oil change for the inconvenience. I checked my bank records and saw that they never pulled it either. I stopped by last night to pick up my plates and had ran into the finance people and pretty much said the same thing over the phone. Now the guy who handled my stuff told everyone there that he's certaint that he charged it but theres no paperwork backing it up.

My finance contract states i paid 4k and what the remaining balance would be that is being financed. My question is what if they really forgot to take the down payment. Im willing to give it, no questions asked, because I've received exceptional service from them. But if it is their mistake, can I haggle them into giving me more free services?

Any input would be appreciated.

THEY DEN GOOF'D
what honda you get?
I got a 2010 accord fully loaded with 35k miles for 18k. I got lifetime emissions and vehicle inspections, 8yr 120k bumper to bumper, lifetime rust protection and other services which i was able to get included in the price.

The finance rep who handled it was new and it was the first vehicle so he was geeked when we were going over the papers and signing. I told my brother yesterday that that was a first and last car he'llever sell :tongue:

But i feel bad. Not only that, I am going to have to go back and pick up my real plates after I get my drivers licence transferred to VA because they cant issue me the real ones til I get that done. And on top of that, every time I want some thing taken care of car related, they would do it no questions asked. What should i do? Will I be in trouble in any way. Im trying to think long term.

Thanks in advence.

sedan or coupe?

paperwork says you put down 4k it is what it is

if its the coupe throw some coilovers and some vossens on that thang with the 4k you saved

btw cpo car you can get work done at other dealerships

Last edited:
sedan or coupe?
paperwork says you put down 4k it is what it is
if its the coupe throw some coilovers and some vossens on that thang with the 4k you saved
btw cpo car you can get work done at other dealerships
i got the sedan because it's more practical. I checked out the coupe and like it but its not practical when going out with friends and visiting family. I got the cards from Honda in the mail last week that enables me to go to any dealer and get things fixed if need be, but I feel like I wouldnt be hassled if i were to go the same dealership rather than one whom I didnt purchase the vehicle from.

I was also thinking, VA is a state where you can have a vehicle registered with an out of state driver's licence. Do you think these guys are holding my plates in order to get the money from me? I just got an extended 30day temp plates put on last night because at first, the salesman kept saying he doesnt know why its taking so long and last night when I got there, the finance mgr tells me its because I didnt change my drivers license.

Back
Top Bottom