help me with my V6 mustang (dont laugh)

solarius49

Banned
so i gotta really good price on a nice mustang, only problem is its a v6.  needless to say i pulled the trigger, and now i have a nice, reliable 5speed v6 mustang.  now i just need help making it faster.  i really want to supercharge it, but i dont even know where to start with that, plus its a little bit out of my price range right now....any other ideas on how to inject some testosterone into my car?

dont bother with tryna make a v6 faster
its a waste of money

*waits for Ninja Hood to come state his opinion*
nerd.gif

Lstylez23 wrote:
dont bother with tryna make a v6 faster
its a waste of money

Not true at all.

Because your car is a manual I would go the supercharged route.

Regardless of whatever people might say turbos simply get better results in automatic cars because manuals loose boost between shifts and never spool up completely to produce maximum boost.

But before you do anything make sure your stock internals, transmission and rear end can handle the extreme rise in power.

I had a v6 mustang. Did cold air, full exhaust, 12 inch system, and 18inch svt rims wider in back for stance, along with gt hood scoop.

I dont have my stang anymore, went back to tuner. I will say fixing up a v6 is a waste of time, depending what year it is, if i were you i'd just modify for comfort and sound. Use your money for more important things.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you are trying to shed .012 from your 0-60 with the CAI and exhaust. Not only that but you said a Supercharger is out of your range so just leave it alone and enjoy the car you bought.

If you wanted to upgrade your car u shuda bought a v8 in the first place.
But since u got the v6 just do simple things like cold air intake and exhaust and put a chip.

Don't waste your time on performance mods, but get the true dual exhaust set up and a nitrous wet kit. Drop in K&N and a tune and call it a day.

Work on the suspension/wheel combo, maybe a new hood (03-04 cobra heat extractor, any of the Cobra R hoods, 2" cowl), maybe a 03-04 cobra trunk.

Originally Posted by solarius49

so i gotta really good price on a nice mustang, only problem is its a v6.  needless to say i pulled the trigger, and now i have a nice, reliable 5speed v6 mustang.  now i just need help making it faster.  i really want to supercharge it, but i dont even know where to start with that, plus its a little bit out of my price range right now....any other ideas on how to inject some testosterone into my car?

just leave it bro. if it's not broken don't fix it. unless you're going to be drag racing
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom