Help picking a used car.

I need help picking a used car. My current car is beginning to give out a bit (1990 Nissan 300zx). My choices are going to be between: Honda prelude(1997-2001) Acura cl Acura tl (1997-2003) BMW 318is or any other 3 series within $4000 My budget is around $7500 more or less. I really want to get the BMW butI hear maintanence is expensive but I also read that alot of work on E36s can be done by yourself as long as you know somewhat about cars. Appreciate anyinput/help!

With that budget your better off getting a boring yet reliable car like a Civic, Corolla, etc.

BMW's maintenance is gonna be too much and you have to consider other things like insurance as well.

Acura TLs are a good choice, just be aware that they (97-2003 models) tend to have ****** problems.

i'd get the prelude from your given choices.

7500 you can get a lot of cars...but i would not get a 90's luxury car with a lot of miles though. just keep it simple maybe an accord 4 cyl or something.

I'm a big fan of that model Prelude, I wanted to get one but didn't have enough money to get any in decent condition. The Honda should be your best betfor maintenance and reliability.

DO NOT get any luxury cars built in the 90's or if the warranty is done with, thats why there selling thecar.
maintenance is goin to kill your pockets.
Just get a 4 banger and stack until you can make a dwn payment and handle monthly payments for any luxury car of your choice.
just sit tight, im in the same situation. our time will come

The Honda or Prelude would be the best choice for reliability. My dad had a 7 series which was 6 years old and maintenance was a beezy.

Ballin! But really, get something more reliable at your price range and save up. However, if you have a steady flow of income, do whatever makes you happy.

I was looking for a car around that budget before summer but I decided to wait and save til the end of summer to the 10000 range because u have better choicesthe more money u have (duh). I ended up gettin 2005 Acura Rsx for 10000. But if ur really stuck around 7500 (i understand times are tough) I would go for a2001and up toyota gts, (low maintenance and decent power),u could find a rx-7 that might need sum tuning if ur a car guy. Prelude to me doesnt have enoughpower for the money. Don't bother with luxury now til u really got the dough. Maintenance will suck anyways.

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

I was looking for a car around that budget before summer but I decided to wait and save til the end of summer to the 10000 range because u have better choices the more money u have (duh). I ended up gettin 2005 Acura Rsx for 10000. But if ur really stuck around 7500 (i understand times are tough) I would go for a 2001and up toyota gts, (low maintenance and decent power),u could find a rx-7 that might need sum tuning if ur a car guy. Prelude to me doesnt have enough power for the money. Don't bother with luxury now til u really got the dough. Maintenance will suck anyways.
Talking about maintenance and you suggested an RX-7!? Just get a civic. Gas is gonna sky rocket anyways once some bombs go off around the world.

Originally Posted by BananaBoy2601

I was looking for a car around that budget before summer but I decided to wait and save til the end of summer to the 10000 range because u have better choices the more money u have (duh). I ended up gettin 2005 Acura Rsx for 10000. But if ur really stuck around 7500 (i understand times are tough) I would go for a 2001and up toyota gts, (low maintenance and decent power),u could find a rx-7 that might need sum tuning if ur a car guy. Prelude to me doesnt have enough power for the money. Don't bother with luxury now til u really got the dough. Maintenance will suck anyways.
Talking about maintenance and you suggested an RX-7!? Just get a civic. Gas is gonna sky rocket anyways once some bombs go off around the world.
Parts for rx-7 are easy to find and cheap. Some people are suggesting a mercedes which to me is maintenance hell.

Didn't you pay too much for your RSX? Must be in great condition.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

38000 miles $4000 under blue book value

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

38000 miles $4000 under blue book value
koo. i guess Acura wasn't lying when they said they have the highest resale value of all luxury brands out there.

Just buy like a 96-00 Civic. Cheap, reliable. Ludes are gonna be more on the insurance, and it uses more gas (Civic is a 1.5, Lude is a 2.2)
Heck, even a 94+ Accord would do you good. Stay away from those high end cars on that kinda budget. When something breaks, get ready to pay.

Back
Top Bottom