Help with apartment hunting. Anyone ever use an apartment finder service?

I'm starting the process of looking for an apartment and wondered if anyone had any helpful advice. I always hear about those free apartment finders, anyone ever tried one?

My brother used one to find the apartment that he currently lives in. Wasn't free though.

You can sign up with different real estate companies, usually you dont have to pay the fee until they find you an apartment and you take.

Like SolexSup said, some Realtors will help you find a rental. The only caveat is that they only have access to private rentals, not apartments.  We do a lot of work with landlords and tenants, so if you need help, let me know. What area are you in?

The commission is paid by the landlord, so it won't cost you anything and you should be able to get a something a little more private since you won't be in a huge apartment complex.

Like SolexSup said, some Realtors will help you find a rental. The only caveat is that they only have access to private rentals, not apartments.  We do a lot of work with landlords and tenants, so if you need help, let me know. What area are you in?

The commission is paid by the landlord, so it won't cost you anything and you should be able to get a something a little more private since you won't be in a huge apartment complex.

What... free... from a Realtor... the landlord pays commission...

You must not be in NYC because there is something called a brokers fee which is equal to one months rent or sometimes one and a half.

So you're paying three times, sometimes four, the rent to move into a apartment.

First month
Security
Brokers fee
Last month (sometimes optional)

What... free... from a Realtor... the landlord pays commission...

You must not be in NYC because there is something called a brokers fee which is equal to one months rent or sometimes one and a half.

So you're paying three times, sometimes four, the rent to move into a apartment.

First month
Security
Brokers fee
Last month (sometimes optional)

THIS... if in NY

Back
Top Bottom