Hey Niketalk

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Wryneck wrote:

Wryneck wrote:
Craftsy21 wrote:
Originally Posted by John Ohh

Craftsy-I am not sure what type of music you listen to, but these are some of my favorites if it matters.
-A Rocket to the moon
-The Rocket Summer
-Phoenix-Kings Of Leon
-Ivory
-Scene Aesthetic
-Sparks the Rescue
I have a few more, any particular genres?
I know Kings of Leon and The Rocket Summer - both are okay i guess. I'll go through some of those other names..

My particular taste is mostly umm.. hmm, i don't know the "scene" words are well as I should, i'm terrible at labeling genres but let's say indie pop/rock - I have loved most of the Sub-Pop releases for a long time now...

I mean, some of my recent playlist selections range from.. The Shins, Fleet Foxes, Iron and Wine, Great Lake Swimmers, Sufjan Stevens, Good Old War, Okkervil River... but I listen to some stuff a bit closer to you guys too... bands like Bayside, Jack's Mannequin, and Say Anything will always hold a place in my heart, along with Punchline and The Starting Line.. Pompeii and The Narrative are probably somewhere in between those two islands I just listed.

So anything in that range.. from pure folk to punk pop is fair game to me. Just don't really care for metal/screamo/hardcore stuff too much.. much rather enjoy indie/electronic/ambient/noise pop type stuff than anything with screaming and crazy guitar slashing.
I dig these bands/acts so much, sam beam and bemis are two of the best lyricists in their scenes right now. Do you like bon iver?

Bon Iver is my man. "Skinny Love" might be my song of 2008. Freaking great.
thats the track that got me hooked, check out the rest if you haven't already.

I have, "For Emma, Forever Ago" is a great, great album.

and

Hey John, I have some friends that love y'all. Think you could do some sort of personal shout-out?
nerd.gif

I could do that, like I said before, No guarantee, but next time I have a video update, I'll let you know and you can give me their names and I'll tryto get a shout out to them.

Wryneck wrote:

Wryneck wrote:
Craftsy21 wrote:

Craftsy-I am not sure what type of music you listen to, but these are some of my favorites if it matters.
-A Rocket to the moon
-The Rocket Summer
-Phoenix-Kings Of Leon
-Ivory
-Scene Aesthetic
-Sparks the Rescue
I know Kings of Leon and The Rocket Summer - both are okay i guess. I'll go through some of those other names..

My particular taste is mostly umm.. hmm, i don't know the "scene" words are well as I should, i'm terrible at labeling genres but let's say indie pop/rock - I have loved most of the Sub-Pop releases for a long time now...

I mean, some of my recent playlist selections range from.. The Shins, Fleet Foxes, Iron and Wine, Great Lake Swimmers, Sufjan Stevens, Good Old War, Okkervil River... but I listen to some stuff a bit closer to you guys too... bands like Bayside, Jack's Mannequin, and Say Anything will always hold a place in my heart, along with Punchline and The Starting Line.. Pompeii and The Narrative are probably somewhere in between those two islands I just listed.

So anything in that range.. from pure folk to punk pop is fair game to me. Just don't really care for metal/screamo/hardcore stuff too much.. much rather enjoy indie/electronic/ambient/noise pop type stuff than anything with screaming and crazy guitar slashing.
I dig these bands/acts so much, sam beam and bemis are two of the best lyricists in their scenes right now. Do you like bon iver?

and

Hey John, I have some friends that love y'all. Think you could do some sort of personal shout-out?
nerd.gif

I could do that, like I said before, No guarantee, but next time I have a video update, I'll let you know and you can give me their names and I'll try to get a shout out to them.

Aprreciate it. They would love it
pimp.gif

Wryneck wrote:

Wryneck wrote:
Craftsy21 wrote:

-A Rocket to the moon
-The Rocket Summer
-Phoenix-Kings Of Leon
-Ivory
-Scene Aesthetic
-Sparks the Rescue

and

nerd.gif

I could do that, like I said before, No guarantee, but next time I have a video update, I'll let you know and you can give me their names and I'll try to get a shout out to them.

Aprreciate it. They would love it
pimp.gif
n
No Problem Man.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Kings of Leon are the ****, I just got into them recently and I love them.

John, do you like any of the following groups: Her Space Holiday, PlayRadioPlay!, Say Anything, Stars?

If you do, then I think we can be friends
smile.gif

And that video on the first page is sick.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, what about Yeah Yeah Yeah's?

all those bands are cool. my cousin introduced me to stars its good stuff
ohh The Jakes are really good
http://www.myspace.com/thejakes

Originally Posted by deceptikk0n

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Kings of Leon are the ****, I just got into them recently and I love them.

John, do you like any of the following groups: Her Space Holiday, PlayRadioPlay!, Say Anything, Stars?

If you do, then I think we can be friends
smile.gif

And that video on the first page is sick.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, what about Yeah Yeah Yeah's?

all those bands are cool. my cousin introduced me to stars its good stuff
Yeah dude, the song that got me hooked to Stars was 'Going, Going Gone.'

So much imagery, gave it a completely dark vibe that is a thrill.

Since we're talking about cool bands that don't get enough love, what about INTERPOL?

Obstacle 1
pimp.gif

PlayRadioPlay though?
sick.gif

You should probably check out NeverShoutNever if you like them (I don't, but they sound the same). Stars is dope though. The song "Personal" is
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Stars are fantastic... turn that stuff up to 11 and just chill out/smoke/whatever - it's great headphone music.

I've whored them out here quite a bit before.. but Margot And The Nuclear So and So's along with Audrye Sessions are both fantastic indie rock bandsyou guys should check out. Two of the better live shows I've ever seen, too.

Some others that are coming to mind:

The Tallest Man On Earth (give it a chance, it's amazing)
The National
Miniature Tigers (for a fun poppier sound)

I can go all night if you need me to, but I'm hoping most of these are ringing a bell with most of you guys. If not, get on it stat.

And this just became the best thread about music on NT in a long time
laugh.gif

One of my favorite songs ever.On the guitar�is Trey Nickelsen, another talented Musician and also Garret's(My Band Member)�Brother.

You didnt lurk if you made a Thread like this..... all these noobs stay lying
smh.gif

If all these videos were streamed in the music Forum heads would roll!
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

PlayRadioPlay though?
sick.gif

You should probably check out NeverShoutNever if you like them (I don't, but they sound the same). Stars is dope though. The song "Personal" is
pimp.gif
roll.gif
NeverShoutNever is great. I think his name is Chris? Check out their songs, Big City Dreams and Dare for Distance. Be warned, his voice is uhh"High". Also should I check out Stars? I have never heard of them and it seems like yo guys like them.

P.S. I just looked up The Maine on Wikipedia and found out that you've played with some of my favorite bands (We the Kings, Mayday Parade, Forever theSickest Kids and Just Surrender). So sad that Jason left Mayday Parade and Just Surrender disappeared.

Miserable at Best was my track when my girl broke up with me

John check out Stars forsure...solid

Calvin- I think I missed you on the first few pages. Have you ever listened to us before?

What about Franz Ferdinand?

Kaiser Chiefs?

Boy Kill Boy (the first album, at least)?

Bright Eyes?

The Faint?

Sooo many good bands
laugh.gif

haven't heard of you guys. not really into the music but its just personal taste. glad you're out hear doing what you love to do since not many peopleget to do that in life. how much do you guys get per show?

If you guys are intrested on what�happens during�a typical off day, there you go above.
And for the question about how much we make. Typical show is triple to quad digits. Mostly everything is vary.

Originally Posted by The Minister

haven't heard of you guys. not really into the music but its just personal taste. glad you're out hear doing what you love to do since not many people get to do that in life. how much do you guys get per show?
You should go back to school instead of being outside.

Dude, did you seriously have to get naked in front of the camera
sick.gif
laugh.gif

And we both drive BMW's and wear Ray-Bans, lol.

Back
Top Bottom