Hey Niketalk

2q0j3np.png

Originally Posted by northparkblind

jimmybeanz -
smh.gif
at you.

i'm just saying, dude's first post is basically about his band, IN THE "GENERAL" FORUM. let him get his post count up before he starts hisself-advertisements in the wrong forum. even sneakgeekz waited a while before doing his heavy self-promotions in the threads.

Moved to the Music Forum?

Let's keep this thread going, for John Ohh and everyone else interested in his groups music (and the other bands mentioned)
pimp.gif

Thanks for all the great feedback on this page. I checked out Stars this past morning and I must say I am very impressed. Good looking out on whoeverrecommended it. To the Person who asked how much we make, well I make Little more than the middle class. I can not get into specifics, but I'm not makingBruce Springsteen type money. If anyone has any questions about the band, certain songs or they just want to talk, let me know.

Originally Posted by B0SSLDY

Very late, but it's nice to meet you.
I'm Sunita.
happy.gif
Good luck with everything here & out there.

Nice to meet you as well.
Thanks for the great support. Check us out if you haven't.
smile.gif

John, you into the indie scene at all? Check out Neutral Milk Hotel's "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea". It's pretty much the indie bible andmy favorite album. Plenty of bands have cited it as an inspiration. The songwriting is genius.

I'll be sure to check them out, I am into the indie scene, not nearly as much as when I was younger. I will be on most of the day as we head to Ontario forthe last Stint of our AP tour.

So in your opinion, what is the best Gucci Mane Mixtape?
Ice Attack, The Movie, or Wilt Chamberlain pt. 4?

I heard Gucci Mane's album in the summer, I don't know if that is who your speaking of?
If it is, my favorite song by him is Hit another lick, and crack pot.
Wilt Chamberlain is his best in my opinion.

Originally Posted by John Ohh

I heard Gucci Mane's album in the summer, I don't know if that is who your speaking of?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That's whassup .

I <3 your music though , & yes I'm a teenage girl .
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That's whassup .

laugh.gif

Well thank you, I actully listen to alot of stuff people would not expect from me. One of my favorite Hip Hop album(s) are by Souls Of Mischief.
That tends to be our most supportive fanbase, but again thank you for the support.

eek.gif

You eff wit Gucci, I'm going to give your band a listen now
laugh.gif

Welcome to NT, BTW
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That's whassup .

laugh.gif

Well thank you, I actully listen to alot of stuff people would not expect from me. One of my favorite Hip Hop album(s) are by Souls Of Mischief.
That tends to be our most supportive fanbase, but again thank you for the support.
okay
pimp.gif

Skimmed the thread. A few thoughts:

We haven't had anyone from a rock band post on here and own up to it. Even some of the rappers that do post on here do it in a very curious way. So this isa nice change.

The Maine's type of music isn't my thing, I've had it recommended to me before and didn't get into it. I think it's interesting how manybands we listen to similarly (Souls of Mischief? Awesome). I'm going to put a couple of friends and my sister on, though.

There are so many people in here name-checking bands, it seems that being a worthwhile rock poster in the Music forum is like voting. A lot of people thinkit's right and good, but few take the time to do it. Sad in both cases.

JohnnyRedStorm, I know you've got good taste in alt/indie-rock stuff. Quit hating on metal.

Other than that, yeah. OP knocked the Jonas Brothers, so you're good in my book.

^ Thanks for taking a look.
It seems like this thread is here to stay, If anyone wants to put recommondations for bands and such do it here.
Send me a PM and we can talk, that goes to anyone.

This is the "official" rock thread. I'm not saying it should supersedethis one, I'm just saying.

As for my recommendations, I'll only list 5, and given how many responses this topic has garnered, I'm not sure none of them are repeats.

The Hold Steady - A classic rock revivalist/post punk band with roots in both MLPS and NY. The lead singer writes some of the most literary lyrics in musictoday, this is his third project. They only have four albums, get them all.
Tom Waits (sig/avy) - An idiosyncratic singer/songwriter who has been doing his own brand of music since the 1970s. If you can get past the growl/rasp of hisvoice, and the off-kilter instrumentation he uses, you'll be pleasantly rewarded. A Bob Dylan/Bruce Springsteen for the gutter set. My favorite albums areBlood Money, Swordfishtrombones, Bone Machine and Rain Dogs.
Mew - A space pop/shoegaze band from Denmark. Can range from delicate to thunderous in the same track, always beautifully. In my opinion, the last two albums -Frengers and And The Glass Handed Kites - are the ones to get, although you really can't go wrong.
Sonic Youth - A band rooted in the 1980s NY hardcore punk scene, often cited as forerunners for everything from noise pop to shoegaze. You owe it to yourselfto listen to this band, any album.
Voxtrot - One of the best bands pop music ever produced. Ramesh's lyrics have overtones of the Smiths and the Cure, and the instrumentation is always onpoint. Get their first three EPs.

And if you can't find any of this stuff, PM me. I'm sure I can point you in the right direction...

Back
Top Bottom