Hey Niketalk

Man you a real cool dude. The music is cool to but the fact that your so humble and down to earth makes me want to support the music alot more. You guys evercome to boston we should kick it, I'll show you how to make a we tang sign with your toes.

Anybody listening to either of these bands I've recently discovered: Great Northern and/or Paper Route?

Both are really cool - Paper Route is somewhere between like, Stars and Copeland I'd say. A little more ambient/electronic than Copeland.

Great Northern is harder to explain - it's some form of indie rock/pop, kinda dreamier stuff - with both a guy and a female vocalist. Check out theirmyspace, the song Home is real solid.

Thanks for everybody checking in. Its been a long day, Ill try to answer a few of the questions on here in the morning.
Until then be safe everyone, would not want to see any swine flu victims.
Peace,
John.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Craftsy what type of music are u into?? look up a band called MGMT, or if ur more into The Maine's style A Rocket to the Moon, or Cinematic Sunrise

laugh.gif
thanks - I know who MGMT are, they're solid and I enjoy that type of music. And I'd prefer something a little less The Maine's style.. but mostly I'd like suggestions from OP just since, I'm always interested in what band members are listening to as influences and what not.

But thanks for the suggestions, I'll check out the other two you listed (think i've heard cinematic sunrise before).
YES!
pimp.gif

glad to see other nters up on this

lol i have been into MGMT for 2 years now? seen them maybe 3 times....they are AWESOME live, i really enjoy their energy...they are starting to become moremainstream because of their 3 big songs, but the rest of their cd and ep are solid as well

Lol poor johhnny man welcome 2 the site that got a bunch of stans mainly for

Cam
Weezy
Jay
Drake

So jump on one of them lol

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Fearless set us up with that, do not have details of who made the video for sure.
I was just listening to Stars, and the song personal popped up, I couldn't help but start getting really emotional.The song just made me really think and I couldn't help but to begin to cry. Has anyone ever got an effect from this song?

Bro this is why I tried to put you onto Stars...song is unreal touching, glad you liked and actually listened to it!
Ecook -- Good call on the songs. I really enjoyed it. Made me think a time or two. Any more suggestions hit up the PM Box. Thanks.

John Ohh-- So no SoCal trips until the warped tour? I plan on going but I would like to see The Maine at a more intimate venue. Warped has like 45k plus in SD. If you played a smaller venue that would be sick. Less money im sure, but more fans im guessing... Im one now considering youre on NT hahah and ive listened to more of your stuff. You really need a NT shirt. And play all gigs in it for a year. Stir up something lol.

No shows until warped tour sadly. We are going to need the rest, I'm sure you could catch us after the warped tour.

Yo, if anyone in here listens to Wolf Parade and/or Sunset Rubdown, could you put me on to some other stuff kinda like that? A coworker put them on at work onetime and i was instantly hooked. Wolf Parade's newest album was one of if not the best i heard all last year.

Oh yeah, and if you haven't heard either band, do it.

lol i have been into MGMT for 2 years now? seen them maybe 3 times....they are AWESOME live, i really enjoy their energy...they are starting to become more mainstream because of their 3 big songs, but the rest of their cd and ep are solid as well
Ive been watiting for Oracular Spectacular for almost 3 weeks now off of amazon
mad.gif

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Yo, if anyone in here listens to Wolf Parade and/or Sunset Rubdown, could you put me on to some other stuff kinda like that? A coworker put them on at work one time and i was instantly hooked. Wolf Parade's newest album was one of if not the best i heard all last year.

Have you heard Wolf Parade's first album? If not, get that ASAP.

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Yo, if anyone in here listens to Wolf Parade and/or Sunset Rubdown, could you put me on to some other stuff kinda like that? A coworker put them on at work one time and i was instantly hooked. Wolf Parade's newest album was one of if not the best i heard all last year.

Apologies to the Queen Mary? Hell yeah, i loved that CD. Past-tense because i lent it to a friend about a year and a half back to put him on itand still haven't gotten it back. Needless to say he enjoyed it
laugh.gif
mad.gif
. Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts and I'll Believein Anything are 2 most listened to tracks on last.fm and Fancy Claps is not far behind.

For those who don't know, Sunset Rubdown is another band with the frontman of Wolf Parade, Spencer Krug. Sunset Rubdown is like a bit more experimentalversion of Wolf Parade, similar enough to share the same audience, but different enough to legitimately stand on their own.

On that note, has anybody heard Sunset Rubdown's first CD, "Snake's Got a Leg"? I've had a hell of a time finding it and i want to knowif i should keep searching. Also, has anything from their upcoming CD been put out yet? I just found they have an album in June and am wondering if i'vemissed anything.

Man a place where i'm not the only person whose heard of Wolf Parade, I like this side of NT.
pimp.gif

Apologies to the Queen Mary? Hell yeah, i loved that CD. Past-tense because i lent it to a friend about a year and a half back to put him on it and still haven't gotten it back. Needless to say he enjoyed it
laugh.gif
mad.gif
. Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts and I'll Believe in Anything are 2 most listened to tracks on last.fm and Fancy Claps is not far behind.

For those who don't know, Sunset Rubdown is another band with the frontman of Wolf Parade, Spencer Krug. Sunset Rubdown is like a bit more experimental version of Wolf Parade, similar enough to share the same audience, but different enough to legitimately stand on their own.

On that note, has anybody heard Sunset Rubdown's first CD, "Snake's Got a Leg"? I've had a hell of a time finding it and i want to know if i should keep searching. Also, has anything from their upcoming CD been put out yet? I just found they have an album in June and am wondering if i've missed anything.

Man a place where i'm not the only person whose heard of Wolf Parade, I like this side of NT.
pimp.gif

"Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts" and "I'll Believe in Anything" are definitely my two favorite Wolf Parade songs. Though Ihaven't checked them out yet, have you heard of Swan Lake? Spencer Krug is a part of that project as well.

Apologies to the Queen Mary? Hell yeah, i loved that CD. Past-tense because i lent it to a friend about a year and a half back to put him on it and still haven't gotten it back. Needless to say he enjoyed it
laugh.gif
mad.gif
. Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts and I'll Believe in Anything are 2 most listened to tracks on last.fm and Fancy Claps is not far behind.

For those who don't know, Sunset Rubdown is another band with the frontman of Wolf Parade, Spencer Krug. Sunset Rubdown is like a bit more experimental version of Wolf Parade, similar enough to share the same audience, but different enough to legitimately stand on their own.

On that note, has anybody heard Sunset Rubdown's first CD, "Snake's Got a Leg"? I've had a hell of a time finding it and i want to know if i should keep searching. Also, has anything from their upcoming CD been put out yet? I just found they have an album in June and am wondering if i've missed anything.

pimp.gif

"Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts" and "I'll Believe in Anything" are definitely my two favorite Wolf Parade songs. Though I haven't checked them out yet, have you heard of Swan Lake? Spencer Krug is a part of that project as well.
No but if Spencer Krug is apart of it i definitely will be checking them out. That man can do no wrong musically in my eyes.

I would suggest both "Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts" and "I'll Believe in Anything" for anyone trying to get into wolfparade. As for sunset rubdown my two favs are probably "The Mending of the Gown" and "Shut Up I am Dreaming of Places Where Lovers HaveWings"

^ Sweet, I guess now would be a good time for me to check out Sunset Rubdown and Swan Lake. By the way, check out the official Rock thread.

Foals - Olympic Airways
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Just discovered this band. They are epic.

[edit] I just searched and I guess I'm late on 'Olympic Airways.' Song is still fire though.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Fearless set us up with that, do not have details of who made the video for sure.
I was just listening to Stars, and the song personal popped up, I couldn't help but start getting really emotional.The song just made me really think and I couldn't help but to begin to cry. Has anyone ever got an effect from this song?

Bro this is why I tried to put you onto Stars...song is unreal touching, glad you liked and actually listened to it!
Ecook -- Good call on the songs. I really enjoyed it. Made me think a time or two. Any more suggestions hit up the PM Box. Thanks.

John Ohh-- So no SoCal trips until the warped tour? I plan on going but I would like to see The Maine at a more intimate venue. Warped has like 45k plus in SD. If you played a smaller venue that would be sick. Less money im sure, but more fans im guessing... Im one now considering youre on NT hahah and ive listened to more of your stuff. You really need a NT shirt. And play all gigs in it for a year. Stir up something lol.

No shows until warped tour sadly. We are going to need the rest, I'm sure you could catch us after the warped tour.

hey arent you guys playing at huntington beach on may 16th?
for the grand opening of The Strand

John, I thought you may like to know. I've been talking to this girl I'm interested in. Music came into a chat one night, and I brought up The Maine.She's heard of you guys, and likes your stuff a lot.

^ Its good to hear we are being heard even more now than at this time last year. Good luck with that girl by the way!

Its very disturbing how they obtain my number.

KLJ: Jacks Mannequin right?
He is one of the most influential people in music right now.�Amazing person and great band.

Yes, sir. I'm glad to hear people in the industry recognize him as such.

If you never heard anything from his first band, Something Corporate, you (or anybody else) should look into that.

I started listening to them when I was probably 13, and still do to this day, eight years later (along with Jack's).

Back
Top Bottom