Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
lov5p3sa5se51.jpg

That article title is misleading though. Hogan is saying the counties can't make a blanket order to shut down schools. The shut downs should be decided by the individual schools themselves

Hogan said in a statement that schools themselves should have the primary authority to determine whether and how to open buildings for classes.
Local health officials can still shut down individual schools if they are deemed to be unsafe.

New published study from K-State virologists identifies potential COVID-19 treatment
MANHATTAN — Yunjeong Kim and Kyeong-Ok "KC" Chang, virologists in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University, have published a study showing a possible therapeutic treatment for COVID-19.

Pathogenic coronaviruses are a major threat to global public health, as shown by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus, or SARS-CoV; Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus, known as MERS-CoV; and the newly emerged SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 infection.

The study, "3C-like protease inhibitors block coronavirus replication in vitro and improve survival in MERS-CoV-infected mice," appears in the Aug. 3 issue of the prestigious medical journal Science Translational Medicine. It reveals how small molecule protease inhibitors show potency against human coronaviruses. These coronavirus 3C-like proteases, known as 3CLpro, are strong therapeutic targets because they play vital roles in coronavirus replication.

"Vaccine developments and treatments are the biggest targets in COVID-19 research, and treatment is really key," said Chang, professor of diagnostic medicine and pathobiology. "This paper describes protease inhibitors targeting coronavirus 3CLpro, which is a well-known therapeutic target."

The study demonstrates that this series of optimized coronavirus 3CLpro inhibitors blocked replication of the human coronaviruses MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 in cultured cells and in a mouse model for MERS. These findings suggest that this series of compounds should be investigated further as a potential therapeutic for human coronavirus infection.

Chang and Kim have been using National Institutes of Health grants to develop antiviral drugs to treat MERS and human norovirus infections. Their work extends to other human viruses such as rhinoviruses and SARS-CoV-2.

"The work that this group of collaborators has been doing on antivirals and inhibitors for SARS and MERS at K-State for a number of years has been vital to their ability to quickly pivot to emphasize research on SARS-CoV-2 virus and therapeutics," said Peter K. Dorhout, vice president for research at K-State.

Co-collaborators on the research include teams lead by Bill Groutas at Wichita State University, Stanley Perlman at the University of Iowa and Scott Lovell at the University of Kansas.

"Drs. Groutas, Perlman and Lovell brought decades of experience to our research team," Chang said. "We would not have been able to come this far without important collaborations with our colleagues at other institutions."

“Getting things published right now is very important for the scientific community," Kim said. "I think we are adding valuable information to the antiviral field."

The new compounds in the publication are exclusively licensed and being developed by Cocrystal Pharma for COVID-19. K-State Innovations Partners handles commercial technology licensing for the university.

That article title is misleading though. Hogan is saying the counties can't make a blanket order to shut down schools. The shut downs should be decided by the individual schools themselves

That makes no sense because it will make it harder for governments to make decisions about work.

Not true

You can eat healthier. There's also supplements you can take that help build your immune system.

You can also work out

You can get the proper sleep

And all of that combats things like high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes.
Not disagreeing with you on some of the points you made but I’m just saying you can’t boost your immune system.
There is no way to measure immune system performance to determine if it is low or high. At least that I know of.

Of course there are things you can do to prevent yourself from getting sick more often.

my state really looking stupid nowadays. last week or so we had our first triple digit day and now we doubled that 😔

58E381DD-466A-4297-8127-91953DB9740A.jpeg
I disagree man, as far as locals go at least on oahu...everyone been very compliant

The narrative is that “we are letting up and becoming complacent” becoming too relaxed and letting down our guard.....

I also disgree, if you look at the number of daily visitors coming to oahu and compare them with the recent spikes you will see the correlation...it couldn’t be clearer.

state officials don’t want to put the blame on tourists/tourism because you know why.....

I get it but don’t be out here pointing fingers at locals like we ain’t doing our part and are the cause for the spike....

Im seeing right through it

No way does Cuomo get a pass for his response. Outrageous he has the cajones to pat himself on the back. Total BS.
Not letting any politician get away with such narcissism. How stupid and how short does he imagine the Public’s memory is? What an arrogant pos. Even reasonable non conservatives and non Republicans won’t believe the Lie.

Look at those Numbers.

I don't disagree.

I should've phrased it more as a "how stupid is the rest of the country's leaders" as opposed to "how great was Cuomo's handling of the virus."

The credit I give Cuomo is for holding daily briefings and for imparting to the public how serious things were. But he and the state also did terribly on a number of other things and he should leave it to others to criticize how badly other states have done.

That's why people need to also work on building up their immune system and their health and not just depend on mask.

Not all people can build up their immune system buddy. I take immunosuppressant medication to turn off my immune system. It's done so my immune system won't attack the transplanted liver inside me. I dread the coming winter months as it's gonna be bad around here. I for the most part stay at home, with little interaction in stores. Plus I only drink water and the occasional unsweetened tea with lemon, eat fish, turkey & chicken, and get 7-8 hours of sleep a night, and do at least 10,000 steps a day walking around my neighborhood while out on disability for Crohn's (being out of work has lowered my stress a bunch too). But all this still won't help me as I don't have an immune system to build up.

But at least I'm doing safe practices. All groceries are curbside, medications are picked up via drive-thru. If I do need to actually go into a store, it's don't 15 minutes before they close (Aldi) as there is basically no one inside shopping other than my wife & I. Even Costco, which I dreaded going to, opens up an hour early for high risk and elderly. Only place I could get paper towels. I was in, and out in 10 minutes. Not everyone can pump up their systems. I only wish as I would be less afraid of catching this (as it would do serious damage to me if I got it).

Last edited:
I disagree man, as far as locals go at least on oahu...everyone been very compliant

The narrative is that “we are letting up and becoming complacent” becoming too relaxed and letting down our guard.....

I also disgree, if you look at the number of daily visitors coming to oahu and compare them with the recent spikes you will see the correlation...it couldn’t be clearer.

state officials don’t want to put the blame on tourists/tourism because you know why.....

I get it but don’t be out here pointing fingers at locals like we ain’t doing our part and are the cause for the spike....

Im seeing right through it
dude, have you been by the beach lately? do you see the IG stories of big family gatherings? the only positive i see are the stores requiring masks but even then, tons wearing them with the nose exposed. i work closely with the DOH and the community spread has been the driving factor in the number of case increases. lots of idiots not adhering to the visitor quarantine but that’s not it man.

case in point:
7274CFE0-B9B5-42A9-9BE9-12700BC0C054.jpeg

Last edited:
Welp.

Prime Minister just announced that the entire country is on lockdown again for at least the next few weeks.

Can only go out for essentials (grocery, pharmacy, gas etc.) 3 days a week.

Since the last time I checked in here the number of cases over here jumped to damn near 700. :smh:

Welp.

Prime Minister just announced that the entire country is on lockdown again for at least the next few weeks.

Can only go out for essentials (grocery, pharmacy, gas etc.) 3 days a week.

Since the last time I checked in here the number of cases over here jumped to damn near 700. :smh:

never should have opened for travel in or out, until tests were readily available and you’re able to restrict and track

butvi don’t expect much from Minnis or this crew.. Minnis failed up, didn’t really have to do shh as a MP or minister before falling back into leadership of the FNM then people being pissed at Christie and certain folks just like ‘07

never should have opened for travel in or out, until tests were readily available and you’re able to restrict and track

butvi don’t expect much from Minnis or this crew.. Minnis failed up, didn’t really have to do shh as a MP or minister before falling back into leadership of the FNM then people being pissed at Christie and certain folks just like ‘07

Seeing all them Bahamians crowded up at the airport to go to Florida. :smh:

Should've turn them around and sent there *** home.

They gonna be the main ones complaining about the lockdown when they were the primary cause of it.

Back
Top Bottom