Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
ate at a restaurant in yonkers last month, where indoor dining has been open for weeks. They don’t give menus. You gotta scan a bar code with your phone to get the menu

indoor dining gonna be tricky in the city. I heard they wasn’t doing it. They were gonna continue with outdoor dining but have sidewalk heaters

ate at a restaurant in yonkers last month, where indoor dining has been open for weeks. They don’t give menus. You gotta scan a bar code with your phone to get the menu

indoor dining gonna be tricky in the city. I heard they wasn’t doing it. They were gonna continue with outdoor dining but have sidewalk heaters

From what I understand restaurants in the city will be doing 25% capacity indoors but that might’ve changed

Outdoors is permanent now year round

Indoor dining is kinda lit right now. The few times I’ve done it my table is usually the only table on that side of the restaurant. I was hesitant my first time, but I’ve felt nothing but safe every time I have so far.

However, once the temp shoots down low enough to eliminate outdoor dining and indoors are filled to capacity, I’ll probably stay away. Seems like most people still opt for outdoors leaving the inside pretty empty anyway. One time I went we were the only table in there after two earlier parties left.

this was in may of this year
is it really worth eating in a restaurant ?

if i ate at a restaurant i would bring my own fork spoon knife and plate but i'm not eating at no damn restaurant
i'll do take out and get the food myself and eat it at home

I don’t trust any dining at a restaurant, indoor or outdoor. Takeout or delivery is the move.

I felt like that until I went to a place that had tables really spread out outside. In my opinion, it was just as safe as takeout. The waiter/waitress has a mask, only comes around for a second to take your order, they drop off your food, and they drop off your bill. Very little interaction with their staff and if is all outside with them wearing a mask.

Takeout can be crowded at some places indoors, and just as much if not more interaction if your order is not ready yet and higher risk at popular spots. If it is takeout where they bring it to your car curbside, that's a lot safer.

I went picking up my food order last weekend at this famous local restraurant in my area and could not believe how long the line was for those who wanted "dining-out". I guess "dining-in" is a necessity.

Screenshot_20200928-155311_Facebook.jpg

I don’t trust any dining at a restaurant, indoor or outdoor. Takeout or delivery is the move.
THIS. I actually stopped doing delivery like Uber eats and the rest of them. I ordered takeout one night and was waiting for my food. The drivers who picked up food had no masks or gloves. I just don’t trust it. These dudes have your food trapped in their car and i have no idea who the driver is. They can be sick or not, or if they cough or sneeze with the food in the car, cleanliness, etc.... my restaurant owner friends tell the same thing when it came to the delivery services picking up food. One restaurant, the delivery person was riding a bike. Got the food in a plastic bag w/ no masks or gloves and dude just put the plastic bag handles of the food onto his handlebars and just dangled there. Didn’t even have one of those boxes that you put food into to keep it warm and protected. Sorry for the long rant but it’s something to consider for people who pay for delivery services.

Last edited:
I've done takeout at some places and it has been like 30 people inside all packed together waiting for their order and you have to wait with 30 people to get your food. Or it won't be a line when you go in, but by the time your food is ready because the service is slow, it will be a line of people all packed inside.

My sister is a teacher at a charter school in NYC. Today was the first day of students going back to classrooms.
No one was was required to get tested before they started this all back up in person.

My kids' school sent out their return to campus plan, which stated that 25% of the staff will be tested prior to return to campus. I have no clue where they came up with that figure, but my guess is that 1/4 of staff have already been tested for whatever reason, so they are just putting that out there to pretend they're doing something meaningful. None of the students have to be tested. My sister in law is a teacher there and she said they haven't asked her to be tested. Either way, it seems the majority of parents are sending their kids because they're tired of distance learning. My daughter's teacher said she is one of 2-3 students who will continue distance learning and it seems like there's only a handful of students in my son's class who aren't returning. I worry that the ones who choose to stay home will end up getting very little attention, especially if there are only a few. AFAIK, they do not plan to livestream the live instruction, but instead teachers will have to either record lessons or do separate zoom lessons with students. I have a feeling we'll have to fight for time as these teachers adjust to having kids on campus again.

Blake P Blake P Is that what's going on with Fresno Unified? My kiddo goes to Clovis Unified, and the school is still planning to have a dedicated teacher for those who want to stay with online learning.

My kids' school sent out their return to campus plan, which stated that 25% of the staff will be tested prior to return to campus. I have no clue where they came up with that figure, but my guess is that 1/4 of staff have already been tested for whatever reason, so they are just putting that out there to pretend they're doing something meaningful. None of the students have to be tested. My sister in law is a teacher there and she said they haven't asked her to be tested. Either way, it seems the majority of parents are sending their kids because they're tired of distance learning. My daughter's teacher said she is one of 2-3 students who will continue distance learning and it seems like there's only a handful of students in my son's class who aren't returning. I worry that the ones who choose to stay home will end up getting very little attention, especially if there are only a few. AFAIK, they do not plan to livestream the live instruction, but instead teachers will have to either record lessons or do separate zoom lessons with students. I have a feeling we'll have to fight for time as these teachers adjust to having kids on campus again.
Yeah I find it odd that they aren’t requiring students to get tested before returning to schools.

I am curious if schools would implement any penalty for students/parents who don't comply with the safety measure. Heck, I got some hate comment from "some parents" on fb posts about it.

Back
Top Bottom