Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
491825D2-BAF6-4060-969D-ED76EFC4BAB3.png
EB73E35E-B7EC-47BD-8328-C50C781F5386.jpeg
6868C20D-E2D3-447E-88F2-ACA42316CDBC.jpeg

From an MD I trust and follow. Answering some of the most common objections to the vaccine.

Another thing you won’t have to worry about is that RNA translates into a protein outside the nucleus in the cytoplasm so there’s no risk of integration. Your DNA remains safe.
Also important to note that the data from Pfizer is looking at the vaccine preventing disease, we don’t know yet if it can prevent infection. We only have the recipe to replicate the spike protein.
Its truly amazing how these vaccines work just by delivering a message to our cells and have them start building a protein.

Even if my job makes it mandatory to get the vaccine (which they will as I work in a hospital, no brainer), I'm still wearing the god damn mask in public.

That crap protected me from cold/flu symptoms this fall too, and I would normally have the SNIFFLES around this time of the year if I wasn't wear a damn mask. And I also took the flu vaccine this past September too (also a hospital employee mandatory requirement).

Mask works, NOT JUST for COVID............ #SnifflesFree

After much thought, I opted in to get the vaccine at work.

Not looking forward to explaining myself to everyone in public why I am not wearing a mask. About to get a bunch of side eyes :lol:
Respectfully, I ask even if you're still vaccinated if you could just wear a mask just for the optics. America already has subpar compliance with mask wearing, I don't want the public seeing unmasked vaccinated ppl walking around and letting their guard down more as it is 😂

Even if my job makes it mandatory to get the vaccine (which they will as I work in a hospital, no brainer), I'm still wearing the god damn mask in public.

That crap protected me from cold/flu symptoms this fall too, and I would normally have the SNIFFLES around this time of the year if I wasn't wear a damn mask. And I also took the flu vaccine this past September too (also a hospital employee mandatory requirement).

I plan to continue wearing a mask after this is all said and done also.

Flu is exceptionally low so far this year. Shows a) that masks work and b) how infectious covid really is.

We'll have to see if this holds up though.

I'll take whichever vaccine is available but the more I read about the mrna vaccines the more I want that, specifically.

So just crossing fingers I make the cutoff before Pfizer and Moderna run out, cuz Idk when those two will be able to get back to the US after they run out.

haven't been sick since wearing the mask
then again, i've been avoiding crowded areas and carry that sanitizer on me at all times
def going to continue this routine going forward

I was just thinking about this, haven't had one of those annoying little sick spells in a good 10-12 months.

lemme find out we stumbled upon a ¨cure¨ for the common cold.

I wish I could read read a study on how a high number of deaths like we've had in this country can affect society. With 300k coming, it seems like things are still operating as normal aside from the obvious changes.

I wish I could read read a study on how a high number of deaths like we've had in this country can affect society. With 300k coming, it seems like things are still operating as normal aside from the obvious changes.

I wonder the same, but I´d argue the effects haven´t even really hit yet.

when those holiday jobs dry up and people realize the sheriff is coming for their crib because they haven´t worked in months...when folks get the green light to start gathering up again and really absorb the fact that their extended friend circle is short a few...hell, when the snowstorms start and you physically CANNOT go out.

we´re talking about the same species who had members dance themselves to death when **** went sideways.

I honestly think we´re on a road so unmapped as to defy reliable evaluation...ask again in a year.

Closest thing would be 1918 “Spanish Flu” pandemic and that was much worse in total loss of life, though we’re quickly catching up. The biggest difference is that information wasn’t as quickly/easily shared and children and young adults made up a large proportion of deaths. Losing a parent or grandparent is tragic, but losing your child is devastating.

I wonder the same, but I´d argue the effects haven´t even really hit yet.

when those holiday jobs dry up and people realize the sheriff is coming for their crib because they haven´t worked in months...when folks get the green light to start gathering up again and really absorb the fact that their extended friend circle is short a few...hell, when the snowstorms start and you physically CANNOT go out.

we´re talking about the same species who had members dance themselves to death when **** went sideways.

I honestly think we´re on a road so unmapped as to defy reliable evaluation...ask again in a year.
I've came to a similar conclusion. 300k deaths out of a population of 300 million is like a drop in the bucket. But even with that, there has to be some societal change. Something.

I plan to continue wearing a mask after this is all said and done also.

Ever since the world shut down back in March, I've felt like this would be one of the lasting effects of this whole experience.

Years back, I thought it was odd that I always saw Asians (mainly the Japanese) wear surgical masks in public and at sporting events. And then I googled to find out why, and although it made sense, I still found it a little OD.

I get it now.

Back
Top Bottom