Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sanitizer and masks in certain settings are definitely a must going forward. I was sick earlier in the year but I usually get sick around this time and so far I’m doing fine. I’m sure masks are helping far more in comparison to the fact that fewer people are out and about .

Last edited:
Closest thing would be 1918 “Spanish Flu” pandemic and that was much worse in total loss of life, though we’re quickly catching up. The biggest difference is that information wasn’t as quickly/easily shared and children and young adults made up a large proportion of deaths. Losing a parent or grandparent is tragic, but losing your child is devastating.
Well thankfully we won't get close to Spanish flu numbers. That was 50 million deaths :x

Damn I'm hoping I work from home for the rest of my career but this vaccine news looking like we going to be going back to the office

Sanitizer and masks in certain settings are definitely a must going forward. I was sick earlier in the year but I usually get sick around this time and so far I’m doing fine. I’m sure masks are helping far more in comparison to the fact that fewer people are out and about .

My friend usually got sick this time around starting with their kids from school, then themselves. You know the cycle. They've been fine so far, and so am I. I do believe wearing mask and better cleaning habit help. I'll be freakin out if I got sick even if it's flu.

Well thankfully we won't get close to Spanish flu numbers. That was 50 million deaths :x
I think that’s worldwide deaths. US was estimated to be ~675k, which was obviously a much higher proportion of the smaller population at that time. Sadly, it’s not unreasonable to think we could pass that death toll though.

Need a "
I think that’s worldwide deaths. US was estimated to be ~675k, which was obviously a much higher proportion of the smaller population at that time. Sadly, it’s not unreasonable to think we could pass that death toll though.
3x the death toll with a 1/3 of the current population is a lot worse than covid anyway you slice it.

Yea I did use the worldwide death numbers.

I'm actually surprised the Spanish flu American death toll was that low

As soon as I get vaccinated and we're mostly in the clear. I'm ditching the mask. Hopefully by summer.
Maybe I'll continue to wear it during cold/flu season and on a plane but I don't get sick often and when I do it's not even that bad, so I'm cool with operating the same as I was before.

I would not approve the astrazeneca oxford vaccine at this point.

They're saying the half dose is better than the full dose and then they didn't disclose that the reason why ppl got the half dose in the first place was cuz of a mistake.

I would not approve the astrazeneca oxford vaccine at this point.

They're saying the half dose is better than the full dose and then they didn't disclose that the reason why ppl got the half dose in the first place was cuz of a mistake.
It depends how you look at it I guess. Even the low 62% efficacy with 2 full doses is better than most people expected from a vaccine this fast. Of course, they should continue trying to figure out the optimal doses, but the fact that there were ZERO serious cases among those who did contract the virus in the vaccine group makes it 100% effective at saving lives. Remember, that was the only trial where all participants were actually tested regularly, so they were more likely to detect asymptomatic and mild cases. The 2 mRNA trials only tested symptomatic participants. I believe this is being overlooked.

Last edited:
As soon as I get vaccinated and we're mostly in the clear. I'm ditching the mask. Hopefully by summer.
Maybe I'll continue to wear it during cold/flu season and on a plane but I don't get sick often and when I do it's not even that bad, so I'm cool with operating the same as I was before.
I’m not wearing them once I don’t have to either.

Even if my job makes it mandatory to get the vaccine (which they will as I work in a hospital, no brainer), I'm still wearing the god damn mask in public.

That crap protected me from cold/flu symptoms this fall too, and I would normally have the SNIFFLES around this time of the year if I wasn't wear a damn mask. And I also took the flu vaccine this past September too (also a hospital employee mandatory requirement).

Mask works, NOT JUST for COVID............ #SnifflesFree
Honestly after going to Japan 7 years ago, I've always had mask from buying up a bunch on my trips there. I would wear them during allergy season (they had special masks for allergies there), cold/flu. It was just so normal there and made so much sense. I had a stockpile when COVID hit. Went through them all even the N95s. I don't see myself ever not wearing masks out in public to prevent cold/flu/covid/allergies anymore.

For those of you who have a history of allergic reactions, you might want to have your epi pen handy after receiving the Pfizer vaccine, as there have been 2 allergic reactions in the UK so far. All were treated and are doing fine, but something to note anyway.

Back
Top Bottom