Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
One of my friends clients dropped dead right after they tested negative as well.

like 50 years old, good health otherwise. Woke up made some coffee and while they were making the coffee just died of a heart attack.

"tested negative" meaning he never had it or he had just recovered?

crazy timing with this discussion, one of my best friends dad just had a heart attack yesterday. They put him in a drug induced coma and he just came out of it this morning.

He was mid 50s but no heath issues that he knew of. I will def try to find the details out...i wonder if he had covid before this

I won't pretend to know everything about covid but covid messes with the blood's ability to clot. So that's why some covid patients are on blood thinners or (I think aspirin) and doctors watch d dimers level

So there's definitely been documented cases of young ppl getting covid, recovering seemingly with non issues but months later they stroke out or get a heart attack...at a younger age than the average person stroking/getting a heart attack

Just recently my sister admitted a patient in his 30s. Was healthy for months after getting covid and stroked while playing video games out of nowhere

I won't pretend to know everything about covid but covid messes with the blood's ability to clot. So that's why some covid patients are on blood thinners or (I think aspirin) and doctors watch d dimers level

So there's definitely been documented cases of young ppl getting covid, recovering seemingly with non issues but months later they stroke out or get a heart attack...at a younger age than the average person stroking/getting a heart attack

Just recently my sister admitted a patient in his 30s. Was healthy for months after getting covid and stroked while playing video games out of nowhere

It's likely the cytokine storm causing abnormal immune response that leads to inflammation and clotting.

EDIT: yet another reason to take a vitamin D supplement, which is known to help regulate immune function.

Last edited:
Nothing surprising here, but good to keep in mind that roughly 1 in 4 Americans have had covid-19. Even if prior infection is not as protective as the vaccine, it should still help. Between these 80 million infections (and rapidly growing) and the first 80 million vaccines, we would have 140 million Americans protected, which isn't enough for herd immunity but should begin to blunt the spread. I think we'll reach this point in the spring.

Weekly averages -- this was the worst week of the pandemic by any measure, but it also coincides with the best news we've had since this began (vaccines being rolled out). Hospitalizations are the most reliable number right now (to account for the Thanksgiving break). They've been increasing ~10% the past few weeks, so expect deaths to increase by ~10% each week throughout December.

And the daily numbers too, below. Another day above 3000 deaths...

Nothing surprising here, but good to keep in mind that roughly 1 in 4 Americans have had covid-19. Even if prior infection is not as protective as the vaccine, it should still help. Between these 80 million infections (and rapidly growing) and the first 80 million vaccines, we would have 140 million Americans protected, which isn't enough for herd immunity but should begin to blunt the spread. I think we'll reach this point in the spring.

I’ve had this argument with others I know. But doesn’t this lead to your death rate being five times lower too? A higher echelon flu if you will. You can hide the infections or cases. But you can’t hide the deaths, so to speak.

EF7725D5-FBE4-4702-99B2-CE88826EEB74.jpeg

Soooo, there should be less Xmas and NY gathering, right? I mean people definitely chose thx giving gathering and now we are dealing with the aftermath. There should be "less" people doing xmas and NY? *wishful thinking*

Soooo, there should be less Xmas and NY gathering, right? I mean people definitely chose thx giving gathering and now we are dealing with the aftermath. There should be "less" people doing xmas and NY? *wishful thinking*
Eh, doubt it. Not just christmas season but other religious holidays this month too. We know some people are gonna do what they want regardless. If people want to risk their health and others around them then I don’t care, stopped caring a long time ago.

The stories you guys telling on the last page or two have me low key shook. I was just talking to my mother about the restrictions they are bringing back in my state. I’ve been going to gym for the past few months thinking I’m straight cuz I have N95 masks. But even with these new measures to prevent virus transmission in the gym, I don’t want to have a stroke or something if I get it. It just seems like an unnecessary risk. The main reason I went back is because I had a broke wrist and slipped disk earlier this year so I’m trying to get a functionally strong body and not be all feeble. I would love to get back swole but ehhh..

I’ve had this argument with others I know. But doesn’t this lead to your death rate being five times lower too? A higher echelon flu if you will. You can hide the infections or cases. But you can’t hide the deaths, so to speak.
Any serious estimate of the infection fatality rate (as opposed to the case fatality rate) included an estimate of how many infections are not being detected.

Since the early summer, the IFR has been estimated to be around 0.5% by most.

We have 280k deaths and 15 million detected cases, which is a case fatality rate of 1.7%. But with 60 million actual cases, this becomes 0.47%. This will actually end up a little higher because current cases lead to future deaths, so about 5 million of those 60 million cases are yet to be resolved (by either recovery or death).

Between these 80 million infections (and rapidly growing) and the first 80 million vaccines, we would have 140 million Americans protected, which isn't enough for herd immunity but should begin to blunt the spread. I think we'll reach this point in the spring.
Youyang is thinking similarly. This thread is worth reading if you're interested. A nice caveat -- herd immunity is when R0 goes below 1. Since R0 is seasonal, we may get it under 1 for the summer. By the time it gets cold again (next fall) we will have finished vaccinating enough people over the summer so that R0 will still be below 1. Light at the end of the tunnel!

We monitor d-dimer and ferritin levels in all patients. It's hard to pinpoint why some patients are more at risk of clotting than others regardless of past medical history.

Naw, Folks getting swept against COVID and still gonna want a rematch

B9F1ECF4-E64B-4D9A-B9EE-B3F40EB456E1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom