Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Trying to get those gains to get the vax. Need about 25 lbs 🤔
38F0AE40-BB6B-4359-904F-B02EB18C4FBE.jpeg
Time to start popping open those pastry bois.

Other Half anniversary stouts are right around the corner.

Are educators priority for the vaccine? They should be
Sort of. In my state they are tier 1B.

1A, 1B, 1C, then the 2s, then the 3s. But my state recently cancelled a teacher vaccination event set for this weekend because they are apparently bottom of the 1B subset. 1B includes everyone over 18 who conditions (which could be millions alone).

Some schools just started hybrid again. They're totally pissed. They're definitely not being shown to be important enough.

Coworker said they’re delaying his 2nd dose for who knows how long due to not having enough. Was supposed to get his shot next week. Why they keep giving out first doses when they can’t account for 2nd doses. Out here in socal if it matters.

Coworker said they’re delaying his 2nd dose for who knows how long due to not having enough. Was supposed to get his shot next week. Why they keep giving out first doses when they can’t account for 2nd doses. Out here in socal if it matters.
It's the shift in federal strategy. They want to give as many ppl as possible partial immunity.

UK is trying out this strategy and I don't think it's working for them.

My county claims they are holding back half the doses they receive and everyone who has received their first dose already has a second dose saved “with their name on it.” How this actually works in reality is to be determined. My parents and grandparents got their first doses of Moderna and were given a card with the date to come back 28 days later, but that site is currently closed for a week because they ran out of vaccine. It’s also a first come, first served site, so they would be lining up with people waiting to get their first doses as well.

It makes me think the county might be contributing to its own problem... they are holding back doses because their allocation from the state is less than they request, but maybe the state is sending them a lower allocation because they are only using half of what they receive.

Last edited:
My county claims they are holding back half the doses they receive and everyone who has received their first dose already has a second dose saved “with their name on it.” How this actually works in reality is to be determined. My parents and grandparents got their first doses of Moderna and were given a card with the date to come back 28 days later, but that site is currently closed for a week because they ran out of vaccine. It’s also a first come, first served site, so they would be lining up with people waiting to get their first doses as well.

It makes me think the county might be contributing to its own problem... they are holding back doses because their allocation from the state is less than they request, but maybe the state is sending them a lower allocation because they are only using half of what they receive.

IMO, they shouldn't do FCFS to begin with. If they only receive 8000, they should only take 4000 appointments to be able to give 2nd dose. Even though 1 dose can give you about 50% protection, I'd aim for that 95%.

Speaking of 2nd dose, just got mine today. I asked my other co-workers who had it early week and they had no complaints or any side effects. Let's see how I feel tomorrow. So far no sore arm unlike the first one which I should feel it by now.

IMO, they shouldn't do FCFS to begin with. If they only receive 8000, they should only take 4000 appointments to be able to give 2nd dose. Even though 1 dose can give you about 50% protection, I'd aim for that 95%.

Speaking of 2nd dose, just got mine today. I asked my other co-workers who had it early week and they had no complaints or any side effects. Let's see how I feel tomorrow. So far no sore arm unlike the first one which I should feel it by now.
I’d add to that, you should automatically be assigned an appointment day/time for your second dose when you receive your first.

1 dose of the Moderna vaccine is over 80% effective in people over 65 years old. Getting people at least one dose will save a lot of lives faster. The goal needs to be to vaccinate as many people as fast as they can. They should not be sitting on vaccines for weeks doing nothing while people are dying because they are reserved for second doses.

Didn't know 1 dose of Moderna is effective for 80%. I guess how they roll out the vaccine should depend on the maker.

I’d add to that, you should automatically be assigned an appointment day/time for your second dose when you receive your first.
yeah whenever our first appointment that we signed up for was the exact same day and time 3 weeks later. so they told us to only sign up for a time that you know you will be able to go to in 3 weeks time.

They say 2-3 weeks between first and second doses; what happens if it goes longer? Less effective? Some cities are on hold as they vaccinate too many first timers, and 2nd timers wait. 50% is better than zero. But there has to be a end point where a second dose is no longer effective. What have people heard?

They say 2-3 weeks between first and second doses; what happens if it goes longer? Less effective? Some cities are on hold as they vaccinate too many first timers, and 2nd timers wait. 50% is better than zero. But there has to be a end point where a second dose is no longer effective. What have people heard?
CDC is saying worst case the second dose can be delayed 6 weeks. Not sure if that’s based on any actual scientific evidence or just trying not to leave it open ended. They also said doses can be mix & matched between the 2 mRNA vaccines as a worst case scenario and there’s absolutely no evidence that will work AFAIK.

Here’s a good article that discusses what is known about effectiveness after 1 and 2 doses for all vaccines where information has been published so far.

Last edited:
Where is the data that one dose of the Moderna vaccine is 80% effective? And effective at what? The trials didn't look at efficacy after one dose. How is anyone making a conclusion on that?

Where is the data that one dose of the Moderna vaccine is 80% effective? And effective at what? The trials didn't look at efficacy after one dose. How is anyone making a conclusion on that?

Here you go.

Plenty of other articles out there as well with a quick Google search.

Back
Top Bottom