Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
dang. It was going so well. From a high of 16.1k new cases three days back, we saw two days of drops. Now the highest so far. 18.8k. I hate when the charts are aiming towards exponential growth.

The us needs to shut down for a week

It will crash, and you will have to pay for additional licenses if you go over

This.... My company is going through this right now. It sucks but it’s the cost of doing business I guess. We’ve still got some kinda crazy deadlines for submissions this week so although we are all working remote it’s business as usual.

On the plus side I’m hourly still for another 2 weeks so more work time literally means more money for me. On the downside if there is some sort of national shutdown and my company adheres I’m probably gonna have to go without pay (outta pto, and transitioning from contract to FTE)..... hoping the feds offer some sort of bailout if this later scenario happens.

Til then though “**** it we Ball”

Was this close to accepting another position with a start date of 3/23. Extremely happy I changed my mind. I feel bad as hell for people onboarding at new gigs right now.

I work in the healthcare field...

Had to send one of my employees to the hospital since she was in physical contact with a Covid-19 patient. Found out another 2 employees made physical contact, a doctor and a medical assistant.

I work VERY closely with one of my employees up front and the physician who saw the patient. I am trying my hardest to keep my composure but man this is getting too real..

can employers see my browsing history from my personal computer if my work computer VPN is connected to my wifi??? Mr. IT guy
I'll go a step further and have been on the hub on my job's wifi

The IT dept. probably likes my recommendations
9zy7x0_th (2).png

Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up.
"We just could not generate much interest," a researcher said of the difficulty in getting funding to test the vaccine in humans.

By Mike Hixenbaugh
HOUSTON — Dr. Peter Hotez says he made the pitch to anyone who would listen. After years of research, his team of scientists in Texas had helped develop a vaccine to protect against a deadly strain of coronavirus. Now they needed money to begin testing it in humans.
But this was 2016. More than a decade had passed since the viral disease known as severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, had spread through China, killing more than 770 people. That disease, an earlier coronavirus similar to the one now sweeping the globe, was a distant memory by the time Hotez and his team sought funding to test whether their vaccine would work in humans.

Welp, THEY succeeded. This is what they wanted. De-population

Question for IT, if I have 1000 employees at work using the network and I have to send them all home to work remotely via VPNs for secure programs, what is the stress level of my network and would it be possible? Or would my network crash?

Depends on factors like licenses and servers and the amount of people.

We have multiple methods, Cisco AnyConnect, Remote Access and Virtual Desktops to try and spread out the load.

Some of the non essential people I think are supposed to be staggering things.

It's going to be interesting for us, because I remember when we had "bad snow"(for here) before we had some problems.

Depends on factors like licenses and servers and the amount of people.

We have multiple methods, Cisco AnyConnect, Remote Access and Virtual Desktops to try and spread out the load.

Some of the non essential people I think are supposed to be staggering things.

It's going to be interesting for us, because I remember when we had "bad snow"(for here) before we had some problems.
I'm using Cisco AnyConnect ...

Dang, I think a network stress test is needed. I thought it be simple since the network in location supports everyone fine.

There's always a sign on the computer that says 'Stop . Your internet history is being monitored' but I go on NT and youtube anyway. I don't really care if IT sees.

Question for IT, if I have 1000 employees at work using the network and I have to send them all home to work remotely via VPNs for secure programs, what is the stress level of my network and would it be possible? Or would my network crash?
I'm not an IT guy but we are going through this now. Its working for us. We're using Amazon Workplace System for way over 1000 employees right now. Probably closer to 2000.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom