Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not all. I'm only concerned with the safety of it. Pharma is scrambling to be the first to market a vaccine. The money to be made if you're first to market is substantial and these companies will be more concerned with the dollar than actually saving lives. They'll pay a lawsuit if they can pocket enough cash. Everyone can't be lumped into the microchip theory, there are more legitimate concerns.
I agree that thorough testing is required

Didnt really read, mainly because I dont understand the lingo, but does this mean it could be a viable vaccine? Or more like a yearly flu shot, if it's the latter they dont want a vaccine...to much money to be made if we gotta take one every year.

Didnt really read, mainly because I dont understand the lingo, but does this mean it could be a viable vaccine? Or more like a yearly flu shot, if it's the latter they dont want a vaccine...to much money to be made if we gotta take one every year.

Even if it's an annual shot, that doesn't mean it's NOT a vaccine. It just means that the human immune system needs a booster to help the T cells recognize and create antibodies, especially as mutations inevitably occur.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...-immune-response-early-trial-results-n1234191

A coronavirus vaccine being developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca is safe and shows signs of inducing an immune response, according to early clinical trial results published Monday in the medical journal The Lancet.

The trial did not look at whether the vaccine prevents coronavirus infection, however. That's a question that will be answered in trials that are currently ongoing.

The trial results found that it generated two "strong" immune responses: the production of both antibodies and T cells, which find and attack virus cells.

"We’re getting both sides of the immune system stimulated and that is fairly unusual for vaccines," Adrian Hill, director of the Jenner Institute at Oxford University, told NBC News.

Inside the rush to develop a coronavirus vaccine

The T cell response was noted within 14 days of receiving the vaccine. This immune response was detected for at least 56 days after getting the shot, though it's unclear how long it will last.

Full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak

Fatigue and headache were the most common side effects reported by the 1,077 study participants, all adults.

Asked whether a finished vaccine was likely in the next year, Hill said the research was still targeting 2020.

"A vaccine later this year is not impossible, a lot of things would have to go right for that to happen and to be deployed in 2020, but we’re still targeting that."

The clinical trial did not establish whether the vaccine protects against coronavirus infection. That will be determined in the phase 3 trials, which are currently taking place in Brazil, South Africa and the United Kingdom. Trials will also be started in other parts of the world, including the United States.

Image: Vinicius Molla, a hematologist and volunteer of the clinical trial of Oxford COVID-19 vaccine, examines a patient at a consulting room in Sao Paulo, Brazil

Vinicius Molla, a hematologist and volunteer of the clinical trial of Oxford COVID-19 vaccine, examines a patient at a consulting room in Sao Paulo, Brazil in July.Amanda Perobelli / Reuters
"We want to look at the efficacy of the vaccine in different populations," Hill said.

The vaccine is made from a weakened form of a common cold virus, called an adenovirus, that's been genetically modified to carry instructions for cells to make the coronavirus's notorious spike protein. The idea is that, if the vaccine can instruct human cells to make this protein, the human system can learn to recognize it and better protect against infection.

Download the NBC News app for full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak

Early research found that the experimental vaccine induced antibody production in six rhesus macaques. These monkeys are considered to be good proxies for how drugs could work in people because they share a majority of their genes with humans. When the researchers exposed the vaccinated animals to the coronavirus, they did not develop pneumonia or other lung problems.

Dozens of teams across the world are working on potential coronavirus vaccines.

Moderna, a Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotech company, published its phase 1 trial results of its vaccine last week, and announced plans to begin its final phase of human testing at the end of July. In the phase 1 trial, researchers reported that all 45 volunteers developed antibodies key to fighting the coronavirus.

New Jersey governor Murphy speaking
New Jersey governor Murphy (D) is on the wires saying that schools will open in the fall. He adds:
  • New Jersey to get parents option to choose all distance learning
  • State to issue guidance on student options
The number of cases New Jersey has the client rapidly and has wandered below 550 new cases per day since June 10. It;s peaks reached over 4000.

I agree that thorough testing is required
..which is exactly what is being done currently.

You can count me out of their Tuskegee experiment before the November election.
Totally understand your concern, but the research and testing isn't being done by our trusted government officials. In the case of the Oxford vaccine specifically, it's not even being handled by an American pharma company.

The time frame that they are on to put out this vaccine does not allow for thorough testing. There is no way a vaccine could be tested thoroughly before the end of this year.

Ok, I'll play... other than natural skepticism, what makes you say this? How long should it take? What steps are they skipping? Never before in the history of vaccine development has there been so much money, time, and effort been focused toward researching, developing, and testing. IMO, the stakes have never been higher to get it done right, right NOW.

Healthcare workers are getting first dibs, the majority that I spoke with want no parts of it. I'll pass on it till maybe 2022.

Healthcare workers are getting first dibs, the majority that I spoke with want no parts of it. I'll pass on it till maybe 2022.
Damn. Silver lining is that it should be easier for me to get ASAP. You don't expect it to be mandatory for healthcare workers? Is the annual flu vaccine mandated where you work?

Ok, I'll play... other than natural skepticism, what makes you say this? How long should it take? What steps are they skipping? Never before in the history of vaccine development has there been so much money, time, and effort been focused toward researching, developing, and testing. IMO, the stakes have never been higher to get it done right, right NOW.
Heard on the news that the fastest time a vaccine has been developed was 4 years. They trying to get this one out in under a year.

KUALA LUMPUR, May 22 — The fastest vaccine developed was the Ebola one that took five years, a medical expert said, as the world races for a vaccine against the novel coronavirus.

https://codeblue.galencentre.org/2020/05/22/fastest-vaccine-took-five-years-expert-says/

The whole world is working on one, and science is advancing every hour just put this up for reference.

I get a flu shot every year in Oct after a bad bronchitis episode during high school way way back in the day. Nothing since then really bad except that terrible cough/chest inflammation cold past couple years ago. Minor cold every so often.

Logistics on any drug rollout will take a massive time and effort. Will have some doubts on how safe & effective will be. Can you imagine if vaccine turns out to be annual thing? Even though can still get Virus. Going to really study up on this solution.

Still won’t let up on common sense preventative measures i.e. distance, mask, wash sanitizer. Still have to Live Life. Just protect You and Yours best can.

:emoji_mask: 💊💉🚿

Back
Top Bottom