HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

8427033B-9B8C-45AD-B8FD-6ACDEB72A53E.png

Racists tryna make a comeback

I tried the Dior Chucks (lows & highs) on in Selfridges yesterday. They only had my size in stock and as cool as they are, I simply couldn't justify the price.

It's hard to justify $1K+ for those Dior chucks especially when all of Dior's leather sneakers are half the price of those. I'm still kind of on the fence...How's the comfort level on them? If they have the same (nonexistent) cushioning and quality as regular chucks, nah, I can't do it. I don't even wear $40 chucks because of how they feel

Last edited:
Tbh. Moncler was the first brand that popped up on the timeline with the ****. My boy was the one to tell me about Gucci and Prada

Gucci situation super overblown
It's hard to justify $1K+ for those Dior chucks especially when all of Dior's leather sneakers are half the price of those. I'm still kind of on the fence...How's the comfort level on them? If they have the same (nonexistent) cushioning and quality as regular chucks, nah, I can't do it. I don't even wear $40 chucks because of how they feel

Super comfy. Def have some padding to them.

I really didn’t have them on long enough too notice true comfort.

For the price though I’d rather put that money toward something like a book bag, clothes, etc.

As classic as the silhouette of the sneaker is, I don’t think it will transcend well. I prefer pieces that I can get years of wear from.

I really didn’t have them on long enough too notice true comfort.

For the price though I’d rather put that money toward something like a book bag, clothes, etc.

As classic as the silhouette of the sneaker is, I don’t think it will transcend well. I prefer pieces that I can get years of wear from.

A classic silhouette with a classic Dior monogram, in a white and black colorway and you dont think you can get years of wear in? :lol:

I get why he means by the shoe not transcending well. while the silo is classic, the jacquard print may not necessarily look good year to year. I oscillate between loving all over print to zero branding.

I hate chuck Taylors in general so I'm not a fan of those kids in discussion. the lows are nice doe

I think classic monograms never go out of style, LV, GG, etc.

And its on a timeless silhouette in a very safe colorway. I think it will be forever “styleish”.

If we were talking about a Triple S then...

My only concern before purchasing the Dior was whether or not that material would yellow. I like em too much so said f it and copped

I think classic monograms never go out of style, LV, GG, etc.

And its on a timeless silhouette in a very safe colorway. I think it will be forever “styleish”.

If we were talking about a Triple S then...
agreed on that end

I copped the lows today and love them. I also wasn't sure if they're something I'll see myself wearing a ton in the future, but I feel like they'll maintain value as long as I don't destroy them and I can just sell if I grow tired of them.

EQcdJUd.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not trolling, but serious question. What shoes was Lamborghini Moss wearing in the elevator, when him and his old lady was getting into it.

monogram doesn't/wouldn't go out of style but it cycles through, there are years that it is frowned upon and then it makes a comeback

you can probably go back a few years in the old thread and see monograms being snubbed, i think the beginning of the shoe thread had jokes with burberry and lv af1s fakes

though it could also be the posters in the thread changing, leaving and coming back, i think there were a lot more posters from the db thread here and hedi started slp and you aren't going to see many buying monogram stuff outside of luggage/small leather goods

Yeah I'm one of those DB thread people (just pop in once in a while these days though) that usually despises monograms :lol: The Dior one isn't as obvious and looks like an actual design at first glance, but I absolutely can't stand the LV and GG monograms (and similar to what you mentioned, I do like Damier print bags). Just brings back bad memories of the ugly fakes that flooded the early-mid 2000s :lol:

That's exactly why SLP appealed to me so much, although nowadays that aesthetic is considered boring to people who want to be on trend (to be fair, the recent Vaccarello designs have been awful to mediocre at best)

Last edited:
That’s exactly what I meant. Plus as Alp mentioned, I feared that they might yellow as well.

To each it’s own though, I’m happy for everyone that wanted these and got them.

I copped the lows today and love them. I also wasn't sure if they're something I'll see myself wearing a ton in the future, but I feel like they'll maintain value as long as I don't destroy them and I can just sell if I grow tired of them.

EQcdJUd.jpg
I just shipped back my lows yesterday. I love the silhouette but i really like the High tops better. Plus i’m 6’3 and wear a 12 so I just prefer high top chucks in general bc of how narrow they are, they look less like clown shoes when they’re high tops...in my size anyway.

So I’m gonna aim to get the high tops at jersey gardens this weekend

Has anyone handled any of the Virgil LV ready-to-wear, such as the trousers? A few pieces catch my eye but will need to do a phone order and not sure I want to drop a rack on trousers if I can get something comparable for 1/4th the price.

Back
Top Bottom