Hikers of NT - Official Hiking Thread

Tried to see if a thread existed and didn’t see anything.

Where my hikers of NT at? I didn’t pick up the hobby until this past year but now I’m obsessed 🤣

Did some great hiking in Sedona last month, and next month at the end of the month going to try and get a permit to Hike Angels Landing at Zion . Anyone do this hike before? It looks terrifying but also doable 🤣
IMG_2049.jpeg

I need to do this!!

Not a hiker but I love walking trails with my dog :lol:
I wanted to go to some national parks but found out pets aren’t allowed so I kinda gave up on that idea

I wanted to be one.. but I swear everytime I'll go on a trail.. My ankle will twist..

I’ve had some landings that I thought for sure should have done something to my ankle but it didn’t hurt and I just kept going 🤣

A good pair of hiking boots is a must. Bought my first pair in March, felt a little funny after primarily buying sneakers since I can remember.

Couple pictures from my Sedona trip, truly amazing place.

IMG_1681.jpeg

IMG_9581.jpeg
IMG_9838.jpeg
IMG_9060.jpeg

Reccs for good hiking shoes?

I did Mt. Mansfield in Vermont last year with sneakers. Horrible idea.

These some revenant fur trapper joints :lol:

I have some Hoka hiking boots. They look ******ed cause they're so big but they're super comfortable.

Another trail I have been intrigued by is Half Dome at Yosemite

IMG_2091.jpeg

This part with the ropes at the end, I’ve watched clips where it looks super steep and ones where it doesn’t look too bad and seems doable, I mean obviously it’s doable, people do it all the time.

Maybe in a few years .

In Ecuador did two type: La Playita Quilota Trail and the Cotopaxi summit.

Quilota took about 3-4 hours (6.5 miles).

Cotopaxi took 2 days to complete. I had to deal with micro- weather - hail, rain, snow. Crazy. One of the world highest active volcano. From the 15,958 ft of the refuge camp, it’s another 3,389 ft.

IMG_0805_Original.jpeg
IMG_0801_Original.jpeg
IMG_0784_Original.jpeg
IMG_1147_Original.jpeg
GPTempDownload(8)_Original.jpeg
IMG_1198_Original.jpeg
IMG_1161_Original.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5636.jpeg
    IMG_5636.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
lit. im a hiker by no means. but since covid been out on a few around washington state.
Big Sai, Little Sai, Wallace Falls, etc.

north west is a city built in the middle of mountains and trails. so glad this thread popped up

Grine Grine

Super jealous of your adventures! Looks like you’ve done quite a bit. What’s your favorite place you’ve been? And if you don’t mind me asking, where do you reside ?

I’d love to see many of these amazing places in South America, those flights are no joke tho, Patagonia is def on my bucket list .

I wanted to be one.. but I swear everytime I'll go on a trail.. My ankle will twist..

Last time I went on a hike I was solo and it was kinda late in the afternoon/evening, there was a fork in the road and what the signs said were completely opposite of what I was reading online. If I took the long way it woudve extended my hike 5 hours or something, short way just under 2 hours before I looped it back to where I parked. I went with the sign on the road not knowing if it was right. Bruh it started getting a bit dark for my taste so I decided to speed up a bit, I actually twisted my ankle on a rock. :smh:

Limping bad I though I was about to be in a Man Vs Wild scenario. :lol: I made it though with a bit of sunlight left, I felt a sudden burst of energy when I finally ran into someone and asked how far the parking lot was and he said youre almost there.

Last edited:
I’m more concerned with venomous snakes. One of the reasons I’d be nervous about going on hikes. Yeah, I’m a big wuss.

When I was in Sedona, I didn’t see any, doesn’t mean they weren’t out there.

I had a big moment of overcoming a fear when I was faced with this climbing section on a hike in Sedona, which I had never done anything like before, after getting through it, had a bit of an epiphany that I don’t want to let fear hold me back in all aspects of life. Still a work in progress, but I look forward to the journey.

So what I’m trying to say, is don’t let fear hold you back from experiencing our planet 😍
IMG_9960.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom